HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > General Gaming Discussion > Game Press Releases

Notices and Announcements

Game Press Releases All the latest on your favorite games. You can also read them on our front page here.

Old 20 Aug 07, 16:32
News Hound
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 

Armchair General has disabled reputation
PR: Street date for Hearts of Iron Anthology confirmed

PR: Street date for Hearts of Iron Anthology confirmed

New York, USA (August 20, 2007) – Paradox Interactive confirmed today the street date of their next worldwide strategy release – Hearts of Iron Anthology.Already a classic in the grand strategy genre, this complete collection will include the booster pack Armageddon, new to retail, Hearts of Iron, Hearts of Iron II and Hearts of Iron [...]

HoIA Screenshot Gallery

Last edited by Jim H. Moreno; 20 Aug 07 at 16:51..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 20 Aug 07, 23:38
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
What I want to know, is why would anyone want that piece of crap HoI 1 if they have HoI 2?

I mean, the reason for getting out anthologies is often not a bad one, but, I myself would like to get the Civilization equal, but, I have zero desire to actually play Civilization the original. Who cares if it was fun in the day.

But HoI 1 was garbage day 1, and a year later it was garbage unless you added patches made by users. It wasn't exactly what I would call a great game when they released HoI 2, but at least that one ran (more or less).

This anthology is ALL about just reselling crap.
It's sad, that the rest of ACG effectively does NOT exist, I won't post on it, and some of the remarks in Politics by some of the members truly does influence my opinions on some of the membership. and it's not a favourable impression.
Old 21 Aug 07, 00:13
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
Model Forum Group Build Victor Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Freightshaker has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Knew I'd find you here Les HOI2: Doomsday is one of the best grand strategic games on the market. I agree that is all about the money though. Like you said, why would you want HOI vanilla AND HOI2?
Old 21 Aug 07, 00:44
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900] LRB has earned the respect of all [900]
For a nice slagging, go look at my comments at GS regarding the pooched release of CM SF hehe.
It's sad, that the rest of ACG effectively does NOT exist, I won't post on it, and some of the remarks in Politics by some of the members truly does influence my opinions on some of the membership. and it's not a favourable impression.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!