HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > Armchair Attacks! > Summer Campaign 2007

Notices and Announcements

Summer Campaign 2007 Summer 2007 Tournament.

Old 18 Jun 07, 14:22
ACG Commanding Officer
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Summer Campaign Q & A

To help everyone along;

Q. Do I need to do anything to sign up for this tournament?
A. No. Just wait until voting begins, and vote! Voting will begin on June 22, 2007.

Q. What do I need to do to get a ribbon?
A. Vote in ALL 5 rounds of the tournament.

Q. I'm going on vacation and will miss a round/s of the tournament. Can I still get a ribbon?
A. PM me with your circumstances. This is all for fun so there shouldn't be a problem.

Q. Will I get an extra ribbon if I submit a bracket?
A. No, if you end up winning the bracket tournament, you will get the same ribbon as everyone who votes, but it will have a "V" device to indicate your achievement. You must still vote in all rounds, even if you sumbit a bracket. You cannot win the bracket pool without also voting.

Q. How do I fill out a bracket?
A. See this thread for starters, or this thread for example. Simple cut and paste your selection into a Private Message and send it to Siberian HEAT (or any admin). We look at each bracket page to make sure it is correct, so if you don't hear back from us it means yours is correct!

Q. When do I turn in my bracket?

A. All brackets must be completely filled out for all rounds BEFORE voting begins. That means if you want to submit a bracket it must be in before we turn on voting, which will be sometime early on June 23 (this Friday).

Q. Must I turn in a bracket?
A. No. It is simply value-added fun.

Q. How will you keep track of all these brackets being sent to you?
A. Scoring will be much like Bingo. We will conduct the tournament normally, while those playing the brackets will be responsible for keeping their own score. At the end will will ask everyone who played a bracket to post their score. The highest score posted will win. We will consult the original form submitted, but we won't be comparing it to all other brackets submitted. Just like bingo, if you miss your opportunity, you pass on victory! We simply lack the resources to do this any other way.

Q. How does scoring work when picking winners for the brackets?
A. *1 pt for each correct pick in Round 1
*2 pts for each correct pick in Round 2
*3 pts for each correct pick in Round 3
*4 pts for each correct pick in Round 4
*5 pts for each correct pick in Round 5
*6 pts for the correct Champion

Q. Your brackets are complicated. Can I send my own?
A. Yes. This is the same as any 32 team sports bracket tournament (single elimination). As long as it lists 5 rounds of winners it will be OK.

Q. Is there a main page for the Summer Campaign?
A. Here.

Q. Will the Gods of War be used in this tournament?
A. No. Since some people will be choosing winners ahead of time, we opted to sit out the Gods of War for this tournament. Luck will not play a factor in this campaign!

"the hole in the sky that nightmares fall out of" -- one description of the B2 Stealth Bomber
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 19 Jun 07, 14:16
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Okay. Thanks for the info. I'll stop bugging you with inane questions now.
You better listen to Mr. Hate
Old 22 Jun 07, 11:53
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200]
I turned in a bracket by PM yesterday, but I don't see my name listed. Will you be updating the thread that lists the names of people who turned in bracket choices?
Old 22 Jun 07, 12:08
ACG Commanding Officer
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMiAM View Post
I turned in a bracket by PM yesterday, but I don't see my name listed. Will you be updating the thread that lists the names of people who turned in bracket choices?
Sorry, you are good to go. Just forgot to add you to the list.

"the hole in the sky that nightmares fall out of" -- one description of the B2 Stealth Bomber
Old 22 Jun 07, 12:21
Lieutenant General
United_States

JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200] JAMiAM is walking in the light [200]
Thanks!
Old 23 Jun 07, 01:47
Captain
United_States

dhuffjr has a spectacular aura about [400]
dhuffjr has a spectacular aura about [400] dhuffjr has a spectacular aura about [400] dhuffjr has a spectacular aura about [400] dhuffjr has a spectacular aura about [400] dhuffjr has a spectacular aura about [400] dhuffjr has a spectacular aura about [400]
How long are each bracket gonna be open for voting and is everyone getting PM's to notify about the new round?
Old 23 Jun 07, 13:27
Staff Sergeant
United_States
Summer Campaign 

Col. Dyess is on the path to success [1-99] Col. Dyess is on the path to success [1-99]
And what happens in the event of a tie between generals????
Old 24 Jun 07, 22:40
First Lieutenant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Model Forum Group Build 

Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuffjr View Post
How long are each bracket gonna be open for voting and is everyone getting PM's to notify about the new round?
I have the same, similar question - how long will each round be open... just in case I can't vote on the day it opens?!?
FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"
Old 29 Jun 07, 12:52
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 

mirrorshades is walking in the light [200] mirrorshades is walking in the light [200] mirrorshades is walking in the light [200] mirrorshades is walking in the light [200] mirrorshades is walking in the light [200] mirrorshades is walking in the light [200] mirrorshades is walking in the light [200] mirrorshades is walking in the light [200] mirrorshades is walking in the light [200] mirrorshades is walking in the light [200] mirrorshades is walking in the light [200] mirrorshades is walking in the light [200]
Say, how long are these rounds, anyway? Is it a fixed length of time, or just until "___ days with zero votes"?
Old 29 Jun 07, 15:57
ACG Commanding Officer
United_States

Right now, I'm thinking it will stay open until just before July 4. About 10 days for each round. A couple extra days for this first round since there are more guys in it...

Sponsored Links

Old 04 Jul 07, 00:40
ACG Forums - Legatus Janitorus
Pirate
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Round 1 of the Summer Campaign is now concluded.

All polls are now closed.

Round 2 will begin in a couple days.

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 05 Jul 07, 15:51
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+] R. Evans has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
To whomever is responsible for putting together these tournaments:

GREAT JOB!!! KEEP IT UP!

And let's hope this becomes at least a twice a year thing if not quarterly.
You better listen to Mr. Hate
Old 05 Jul 07, 16:07
Banned
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by revans View Post
To whomever is responsible for putting together these tournaments:

GREAT JOB!!! KEEP IT UP!

And let's hope this becomes at least a twice a year thing if not quarterly.
I'll second that motion. I know alot of members are looking forward to another shot at winning in either the "Fall" or "Winter" Offensive. Four Tournaments a year, with a maybe a yearly Grand Tournament? Take the four winners of the year, pit them against each other in a Royal Rumble, maybe add a wild card 5th competitor from the losers of the Offensives....

I get to carried away I guess....
Old 06 Jul 07, 00:25
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200]
Make it the 1st Annual Commanders Cage Match!!!

Old 13 Jul 07, 21:10
First Lieutenant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Model Forum Group Build 

Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redleg155 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Keep it up, guys - I'm having a blast... I'm voting for the "wrong" guys... but I'm having a blast!
FSO - 1BCT, 3ID - OIF III

"Loved or Hated... Never Ignored... COLT sticks it deep!"

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!