HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > First Person Shooters

Notices and Announcements

First Person Shooters For FPS games of all types and for all platforms.

Old 16 Jun 07, 21:01
Banned
New_Zealand

Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Tactical Nuclear Weapon

I thought the first one was crap, so I made another quick video. This one features a double impact via a MIRVed weapon.

Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 16 Jun 07, 21:12
Banned
United_States

Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700]
dunno the first warnt too bad....here's a link where ya can use old DOE/DOD film to compare and contrast. there's plenty of it there to look at.

http://www.nv.doe.gov/library/films/film.aspx?ID=63

and here's a couple more for fun:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97211596464745

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...16941089093304

i can't judge the yield but it may be of some use.
Old 17 Jun 07, 21:57
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

sickpup is a jewel in the rough [500]
sickpup is a jewel in the rough [500] sickpup is a jewel in the rough [500] sickpup is a jewel in the rough [500] sickpup is a jewel in the rough [500] sickpup is a jewel in the rough [500] sickpup is a jewel in the rough [500] sickpup is a jewel in the rough [500] sickpup is a jewel in the rough [500] sickpup is a jewel in the rough [500]
Are there any MIRV'd tactical nukes?
Old 17 Jun 07, 22:33
Banned
United_States

Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700]
There wern't in my time but as I never worked for Army Material Readiness Command or DARPA and it's subordinate agencys at either the Proving Ground or Redstone arsenal, i couldn't say. I had a high enough clearance to gain access to tabnucdata for Arty and Rocket projectiles... for tac planning purposes with my FSO and Fists etc...but thats a different story.

I would suspect the difficulty would lie in minaturization of sub-componets but nothing would suprise me. And in 14 years anything could have happened if we think in terms of tech etc moving forward by leaps and bounds. Computers are merely one example.

CV
Old 18 Jun 07, 00:36
Banned
New_Zealand

Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100] Marines has demonstrated strength of character [100]
@ sickpup & Centrix Vigilis

No, there is no tactical nuclear weapon containing a MIRV bus.

This involved a bit of script editing in ArmA I did in hopes of producing a ballistic missile platform with a multiple independently targetable reentry warhead capability i.e., something akin to the LGM-118A Peacekeeper that has since been retired. However, this has proved to be a bit difficult, as restructuring the yield to an extent that would be required, say 300KT would not only destroy most of the in-game island, but would also destroy your framerate in the process.
Old 18 Jun 07, 10:32
First Lieutenant
Australia

PiNpOiNt99 is on the path to success [1-99] PiNpOiNt99 is on the path to success [1-99] PiNpOiNt99 is on the path to success [1-99] PiNpOiNt99 is on the path to success [1-99]
Lol as soon as a nuke goes of in my ArmA my comp freezes for a second or two before the god like figure of a mushroom cloud appears over the target and marines is right if they made them any bigger they would render them useless as there would be nowhere to hide lol.
Old 18 Jun 07, 11:34
Major
United_States
March Offensive 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Kurt Steiner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kurt Steiner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kurt Steiner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kurt Steiner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kurt Steiner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kurt Steiner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kurt Steiner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Kurt Steiner has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marines View Post
I thought the first one was crap, so I made another quick video. This one features a double impact via a MIRVed weapon.

You sure as heck can't beat that soundtrack.

Frederic Bastiat
Old 21 Jun 07, 16:50
General of the Forums
United_States
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

No_Nickname is simply cracking [600]
No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600]
I like the last scene. Too bad I can't play ArmA, as I tried playing the demo but I got some error screen. Too late now as I already deleted it off my computer because of that. Well there's always time to buy it.
"You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop
Old 21 Jun 07, 18:53
Banned
New_Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Nickname View Post
I like the last scene. Too bad I can't play ArmA, as I tried playing the demo but I got some error screen. Too late now as I already deleted it off my computer because of that. Well there's always time to buy it.
Error screen?

What are your system specs?
Old 26 Jun 07, 15:56
General of the Forums
United_States
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

No_Nickname is simply cracking [600]
No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600]
It was a corrupt file that caused it not to work.
"You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!