HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > History Library > Military Modelling and Other Hobbies

Notices and Announcements

Military Modelling and Other Hobbies Discuss model building, memorabilia, art, and other hobbies.

Old 12 May 07, 02:07
Lieutenant General
Sinc
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

panzermacher is simply cracking [600]
panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600]
ACG Group Build #3 Summer '07

Fellow Plastic Gluers, I have come to the following choice this night

We will go with Choice #3 Favorite Kits. This will be a broad area again. and I have decided to include the following;
Favorite kits by your favorite maker....or
Your favorite vehicle/Ship/plane/figure/whatever....as long as it IS A MODEL!!!
(you know....has to be glued and painted, etc) NO LEGOS Sal....sorry
Pick out your Favs and GOod Luck to all who build this time

I hope this expands the build group and brings in others to participate.
Bee sure to post progress pictures cuz as I judge this time I love looking at your processes.........
I guess or moderators will set the finish dates and such.....I just get to kick off the build!
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 12 May 07, 10:10
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100]
Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100]
Allright! Off to the hobby shop today, because unlike you boys, I don't have billions of models stuck in every nook and cranny in the home. There's no room because Slug shoves his military figures in those places! Even the bathroom. Which causes lively discussion when the ladies come over for bunco...

Let's see, no tanks...don't want to wrestle with tracks

Planes...been there, done that

Ships?
Vehicles?

This will be fun! I'll see what catches my fancy.
Old 12 May 07, 10:23
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The three gents who volunteered to judge this round are Panzermacher, Freightshaker, and Comm.Waffle.

Hm... dunno if I have a favourite. I'll have to take a dig next week.
Old 12 May 07, 10:30
Colonel
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300] Wolster is on a distinguished road [300]
Right, I'm in!!! So as I understand this can be your favourite subject. I'm going to have to see if I can find a Hurricane IID, preferably 1/48 or bigger, the old eyes aren't what they once were!!!

Old 12 May 07, 11:10
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Hm... sitting here during the quiet time at work thinkin' about it. I'm lost. What to build man? Something 1/35 and Canadian I think... Or the B-58 I want to build for an IPMS show (my first - be brave little one)... Or an Avro Arrow... Or a 1/72 Panther that I have a hoard of aftermarket gear for... Argh... maybe I'll have a poll.
Old 12 May 07, 12:06
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 

Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100]
Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100] Dolley is a pillar of the community [1100]
You've mentioned canadian models twice now, Duncan. I think you should go that direction. Besides, I'd love to see it progress from start to finish.
Old 12 May 07, 16:13
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolley View Post
You've mentioned canadian models twice now, Duncan. I think you should go that direction. Besides, I'd love to see it progress from start to finish.
My Canuck-o-centrism is showing again.
Old 12 May 07, 16:54
Lieutenant General
United_States

Okay, we've just returned from the modeling shop. We went to two that are nearby. Made friends with a nice man that invited us to the IPMS club meeting. He has tables set up at his shop, and folks can come in and work on their models whenever. He gives help, lessons, and it seems, good advice. The IPMS national convention is in Anaheim this year, just down the road from us, it might be fun to visit.

I am drawn to weird shaped things, so I bought a gun tractor and a DAK Kublewagen.
I couldn't decide which to build. Mike and Brendan both picked the Kublewagen, so that's what I'll construct for our summer build.

Old 12 May 07, 17:42
Lieutenant General
Sinc
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

panzermacher is simply cracking [600]
panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600] panzermacher is simply cracking [600]
Ohhh cna't wait to see that Dolley!.....
Old 12 May 07, 19:33
General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Geek44 is simply cracking [600]
Geek44 is simply cracking [600] Geek44 is simply cracking [600] Geek44 is simply cracking [600] Geek44 is simply cracking [600] Geek44 is simply cracking [600] Geek44 is simply cracking [600] Geek44 is simply cracking [600] Geek44 is simply cracking [600] Geek44 is simply cracking [600] Geek44 is simply cracking [600] Geek44 is simply cracking [600] Geek44 is simply cracking [600]
Isn't it great when you find a model dealer who is helpful, friendly and supportive. There are three big shops in the city here and all three are staffed by arrogant creeps who think if you can't name the differences between a Panzer IV Ausf. D and an Ausf. E, you've got no business in their shop. Creeps.
The guy in my local shop is great. He has a small shop with limited choice but I'd rather give him my business. His attempts at humour everytime I go there are a little lame but I bless him for trying.
Great stuff Dolley. I feel you have the makings of a good modeller. There's nothing wrong with your workpersonship. Sometimes it's just a matter of being aware of what products are out there that can help you achieve what you want or even finding a ridiculously simple technique that will help. I found that recently, finding and learning a few little things really helped me and elevated my results just a little. My Mig 15 from the first build was my first try with some new ideas and products and it's my best work so far.
Good luck.
Sponsored Links

Old 12 May 07, 20:06
ACG Forums - Legatus Janitorus
Pirate
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I'll be building in 1/350 for the 1st time in 7 years.

Y'ARR!

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 12 May 07, 20:08
ACG Forums - Legatus Janitorus
Pirate
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
And what scale will the Slugmeister be building in, Dolley!

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 12 May 07, 20:28
Lieutenant General
United_States

I think Slug is going to build the first hot air balloon by the Montgolfier brothers. But he is also contemplating the robot from Forbidden Planet. I don't know the scale, they're packed in the garage somewhere where they may never be found...
Old 12 May 07, 20:42
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

My favourite topics are Canadian and unusual service markings. Even though I have not built many, I am attracted to unusual nationalities. For example, I have a large collection of Russian lend lease decals, German armour in Russian service, a Portugese Spitfire, a German KV, a Canadian Grizzly captured by Serbian forces, etc...

So, I am going to build this F-5E Tiger II. It will not be American. I'm going to start a poll to choose the markings.

Last edited by Duncan; 12 May 07 at 21:00..
Old 12 May 07, 20:57
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400]
BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400]
You should do a Navy "Red Air" F-5. We have a small section of Tigers that are visiting, done up in soviet camo with "NAVY" along the side.

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!