StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Weider Hosting > RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II

Notices and Announcements

RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II Discuss the Russian armed forces in World War II. Hosted by our resident Russian expert, AMVAS. Please visit his RKKA in WW2 Website.

Old 14 Mar 07, 17:58
Staff Sergeant
France
5 Year Service Ribbon 

leclerc1944 is on the path to success [1-99]
marking on russian tanks

i am a 3d units modder, and so i research any historical information about russian tanks, it's possible that a person, know a site we are marking or emblem from russian division?

because i don't know if russian tank division, have use emblem or special marking for identification (but not letter for number) i speak over picture emblem, so as german tank emblem for division identification!
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 15 Mar 07, 03:45
RKKA in World War II Forum CO
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leclerc1944 View Post
i am a 3d units modder, and so i research any historical information about russian tanks, it's possible that a person, know a site we are marking or emblem from russian division?

because i don't know if russian tank division, have use emblem or special marking for identification (but not letter for number) i speak over picture emblem, so as german tank emblem for division identification!
There are no any good sources about markings for each Soviet armored unit.
It's one of the most hard subject for clarification, because three were no any official catalogue of markings.

Btw, tank divisions existed in the Soviet army only in 1941. Later they became more than rare thing...
Ordinary units ofr Soviet armored forces were Brigade-Corps-Army
Old 15 Mar 07, 05:58
Staff Sergeant
France
5 Year Service Ribbon 

ok than thnx!
Old 15 Mar 07, 06:53
General
Russia
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leclerc1944 View Post
ok than thnx!
The 1st Guards Tank Army had a rhomb as its marking...
Old 15 Mar 07, 07:25
Colonel
Russia
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Hello,

I am not very prepared for this subject, but want to drop my 5 cents too.

I never heard of the emblems for specific divisions in RKKA. My personal feeling that it was against common understanding of what was acceptable - no place for showing off in the Red Army.

But the tanks with special markings, appart from the numbers existed in relatevly large numbers.

This one has badge of VLKSM (communist youth union) member. The slogan on the tank reads: "Irkutskiy komsomolets":

KV-1 of Pavel Horoshilov (tanks name "Merciless"):

This one reads "Strike the faschist serpent":
Old 15 Mar 07, 07:26
Colonel
Russia

Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100] Egorka has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
The 1st Guards Tank Army had a rhomb as its marking...
Like this one?

Old 15 Mar 07, 07:31
Colonel
Russia

Old 15 Mar 07, 07:39
Colonel
Russia

This one has Guard badge on it:

Old 15 Mar 07, 08:18
Staff Sergeant
France
5 Year Service Ribbon 

ok many thnx, this will me help fully!
Old 15 Mar 07, 15:06
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egorka View Post
Hello,

I am not very prepared for this subject, but want to drop my 5 cents too.

I never heard of the emblems for specific divisions in RKKA. My personal feeling that it was against common understanding of what was acceptable - no place for showing off in the Red Army.

But the tanks with special markings, appart from the numbers existed in relatevly large numbers.
At the beginning of the war one could see quite a strange markings.
some tanks carried markings from middle of 1930s
Another units had triangles, rhombus, crosses onboard.
But these markings probably were for recognition by own aviation (just my guess. much thoughts exists on the subject)

Later every unit had own markings, but the problem they were not unificated and I can't say I meet anywhere any catalogue of those markings.

Old 16 Mar 07, 22:41
General
Russia

Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100]
How to place an image right in the text window?
Old 17 Mar 07, 01:29
Russia

Quote:
How to place an image right in the text window?
To place its URL inside {IMG} tegs (use "[]" instead of "{}").
If you want to upload image from your computer, employ some online services for storage. Like www.imageshack.us
Old 17 Mar 07, 03:01
General
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvas View Post
To place its URL inside {IMG} tegs (use "[]" instead of "{}").
If you want to upload image from your computer, employ some online services for storage. Like www.imageshack.us
How to place there files from my computer?
Old 17 Mar 07, 03:54
Russia

Quote:
How to place there files from my computer?
upload them to for example http://imageshack.us/
Then place link (they will provide several variants of them ty) to this picture in a thread....

Alex

Last edited by amvas; 17 Mar 07 at 04:23..
Old 17 Mar 07, 08:39
General
Russia

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!