StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Welcomes You! > World History Group Magazines > Military History Magazine

Notices and Announcements

Military History Magazine Discuss magazine articles and issues here.

Old 08 Feb 07, 09:27
Staff Sergeant
United_States

dtira is on the path to success [1-99] dtira is on the path to success [1-99]
More About Military History Magazine

Military History magazine provides military warfare enthusiasts with in-depth articles and beautiful artwork of the history of war--from ancient times into the 20th century.

More information:
Subscribe
Give a Gift
Order Back Issues
View the latest online issue

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 22 Apr 07, 15:09
Recruit
United_States

Lee L is on the path to success [1-99]
Post How to submit manuscript for review to Military History magazine?

Hello, I would like to know how I may submit a manuscript for review for your fine magazine? Please let me know. I am a University scholar and I have recently completed a paper which is suitable for publication. Thanks,

Lee
Old 25 Apr 07, 21:46
Staff Sergeant
United_States

dtira is on the path to success [1-99] dtira is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
Hello, I would like to know how I may submit a manuscript for review for your fine magazine?
Hi Lee,
You can contact the editor at militaryhistory@weiderhistorygroup.com about your story idea.

Good luck!
Old 21 Nov 07, 10:31
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

SeaDog48 is on the path to success [1-99] SeaDog48 is on the path to success [1-99] SeaDog48 is on the path to success [1-99] SeaDog48 is on the path to success [1-99] SeaDog48 is on the path to success [1-99]
I would just like to say that the last two issues were the best since I ordered my subscription. No WW2 or Civil War and more on little known conflicts. I enjoyed them both.
Old 25 Jul 08, 10:29
Staff Sergeant
Canada

Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99]
This magazine is an excellent read but I'm still baffled as to why my subscription was cut to include less issues that are no different than the ones I received when it was a monthly magazine.
Old 26 Jul 08, 10:47
Member Emeritus
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Model Forum Group Build 

Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500]
Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan4290 View Post
This magazine is an excellent read but I'm still baffled as to why my subscription was cut to include less issues that are no different than the ones I received when it was a monthly magazine.
It is partly due to extreme increases in our costs like paper prices going through the roof and transportation costs going up from high oil prices.

But mainly we are a very lean team and we found that in order to ensure we could maintain the highest of quality we could not manage the 10x frequency that the prior owners had jumped Military History to without adequately staffing up or providing more resources. It had previsouly been 6x frequency. They just told the people "get it done and don't bother us with the details" type of message.

At the Weider History Group our culture is about delivering quality and not just banging out the magazines like they are sausages...and so with reluctance we decided to reduce our frequency back to 6x per year.

Thanks very much for your readership and your nice comment about the magazine.
Old 27 Jul 08, 14:57
Staff Sergeant
Canada

Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99] Jonathan4290 is on the path to success [1-99]
Thanks, that explains everything. I hope I didn't sound too disgruntled because you guys still put together an excellent read.
Old 27 Jul 08, 16:27
Member Emeritus
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Model Forum Group Build 

Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500]
Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500] Eric Weider is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan4290 View Post
Thanks, that explains everything. I hope I didn't sound too disgruntled because you guys still put together an excellent read.
My pleasure and thank you very much for your patronship of our magazines and your confidence in us. It means alot!
Old 17 Feb 10, 11:39
First Sergeant
United_States

milhistorian is on the path to success [1-99] milhistorian is on the path to success [1-99]
An excellent magazine. I thoroughly enjoy it!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!