StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Board & Tabletop Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Board & Tabletop Gaming Board games, miniatures, and other similar games and topics.

Old 22 Jun 11, 08:02
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100]
www.bayonetgames.com
Old 22 Jun 11, 21:08
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

MetalDog has a spectacular aura about [400]
MetalDog has a spectacular aura about [400] MetalDog has a spectacular aura about [400]
I have some grand designs for the Battletech TCG.

"Castles Made Of Sand"-Jimi Hendrix from Axis:Bold As Love 1967
Old 23 Jun 11, 19:11
ACG Forums - canis administrationem
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
In college I created a simple table top game for my brothers who were into the Old West at the time. It was just dice rolling and bookkeeping as each player tried to become a great land baron in cattle, timber, mining, etc. (They were too young to drink so it was soda and pretzels.)

Inspired by TSR's Traveller RPG, I also developed my own somewhat faster system. I actually got some people to play test it twice although the games ended more for lack of beer than because we'd reached any conclusion.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.
Old 30 Aug 11, 00:06
Recruit
United_States

Litterboxer529 is a balanced individual [0]
Yes, it was easy!

I have before. It's not wildly successful, but it has gained popularity amongst a few people. I called it "Standoff" which was using 20mm miniatures. It's still in the process of renovation, but when I have the rules I think it will be pretty good.
Old 12 Sep 11, 22:31
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Whiterook has demonstrated strength of character [100] Whiterook has demonstrated strength of character [100] Whiterook has demonstrated strength of character [100] Whiterook has demonstrated strength of character [100] Whiterook has demonstrated strength of character [100] Whiterook has demonstrated strength of character [100] Whiterook has demonstrated strength of character [100] Whiterook has demonstrated strength of character [100] Whiterook has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I have two currently in production....both miniatures games. One is based on the Battlestar Galactica universe, before the fall, and is played with miniature ships on a star map I designed myself. The other is based on Stargate SG-1, played on a diorama (including SG-1 itself).

The rulebook to the BSG game is underway, and I'll be playtesting it in the near future.

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr
Sponsored Links

Old 14 Sep 11, 10:24
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100] BayonetBrant has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDog View Post
I have some grand designs for the Battletech TCG.
we need to talk about that some day... reskin it and release it as a different 'world' with the basic mechanics you had in mind
Old 01 Apr 13, 20:55
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States

Gunny0231 is on the path to success [1-99] Gunny0231 is on the path to success [1-99]
I have published 2 games. One is a beer and pretzels type Ancient skirmish game and is locally popular. The other is a WW2 armor game that I am currently rdoing a third edition for.
Old 09 Apr 13, 12:45
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Finally getting back to work on this. I've been dragging my butt for the last year. Tim is sending some graphics work.
Old 25 Apr 13, 20:36
Private First Class
United_States

Ysparrowsmith is on the path to success [1-99]
I haven't myself, my partner has, but I'm getting a front chair experience of it! Chuckle. We launched it on kick starter and I'm getting a crash course in all sorts of things right now... The printing, manufacturing (making minis is extremely expensive!) holy moly, when you plan on having 400+ pieces per game at .06-.10cents a piece you're still looking at $25 per game just for the pieced not including the printing of the board etc. I have a feeling this is going to be a wild ride! Lol
Old 25 Apr 13, 21:02
First Lieutenant
China

Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99]
Sounds fun someday I should try it.
Old 26 Apr 13, 00:41
General
UK
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
Years ago I came up with a system which gave one a rough approximation of attempting to complete a tour of ops as an RAF bomber command pilot.
It worked off %ages which were generated according to actual combat losses and a couple of die.I was in the army at the time and because there was no board,just a notebook,a pen and die I could while away hours.
If I remember rightly it was almost pure chance but.......So was the real thing.
Old 23 May 13, 08:36
Private
Italy

calvinus is on the path to success [1-99]
Not exactly a wargame, but I worked out some design projects... I will create a thread dedicated to my latest print & play game: Democracy under Siege.
Old 23 May 13, 08:50
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Tried.

Failed.

Had fun doing it.
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Old 23 May 13, 10:14
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
I've been redesigning old Classic Dungeons and Dragons a bit here and there, just to stretch the old brain out and to make it fun, fast and easier to play for my gaming group made up of my fiancÚ's friends and family.

Currently, I'm also trying to sort through some 6mm microarmor wargaming rules (specifically for sci-fi, but it should be able to be used historically as well). I wanted something that's easy and quick, but a step up or two from beer and pretzels. Plus, the core system I plan on using for a lot of different game genres and scales if I can get it to work out.

All of it has been fun, but also a bit aggravating at times since my personal friends show too little interest in my hard work (if it's not Privateer Press, it's barely noticed).

I have a lot of time on my hands anymore being disabled and unable to get out on my own...
Old 05 Jun 13, 20:57
Private First Class
Brazil

wargamerbrasil is on the path to success [1-99]
Not an entire wargame, but maybe an expansion

Not a really new game, but I'm planning to make an expansion to the Guderian's Blitzkrieg II/Case Blue to add Operation Barbarossa to them...

Ok, they are two really big games, who together are huge and I want to do an expansion to make them even bigger... Yeah, I'm

Last edited by wargamerbrasil; 05 Jun 13 at 21:00.. Reason: spelling correction
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!