StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Vietnam War

Notices and Announcements

Vietnam War The Battle for Vietnam. .

Old 31 May 06, 09:50
ACG Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900]
R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900]
Boonie,

Great idea! I'll wait for the Delta shots.

rna
Old 31 May 06, 11:48
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build 

Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.N. Armstrong
Boonie,

Great idea! I'll wait for the Delta shots.

rna
Here's one taken in the Delta I already used in the timeline, it's a really neat photograph of one of the first PACV sent to Vietnam, pictured here in November 1966 near Moc Hoa, Kien Tuong Province.
Also R.N., do you have any pics from your days over there?

Old 01 Jun 06, 01:39
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 

RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500]
RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500] RapierFighter is a jewel in the rough [500]
Amazing

Those were incredible photos that I had never before seen. Well done, and I thank you.
Old 02 Jun 06, 02:15
Corporal
United_States

Clay More is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonierat
Do you have any photos from back then you could share with us Clay?

Lurp Team North of Nui Ba Dien.. ... ..

Nine Out Of Ten Voices In My Head told Me To Stay Home Today & Clean My Guns.. ... ..
Old 02 Jun 06, 02:23
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build 

Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Your image doesn't show Clay, did you upload it directly from your computer?
Sponsored Links

Old 02 Jun 06, 02:29
Corporal
United_States

Quote:
Your image doesn't show Clay, did you upload it directly from your computer?
Yeah I did.. Sorry 'bout that.. I'm not the most computer literate person you ever met.. Will get someone to tell me what I did wrong.. I found several old pictures I'd like to post.. Wish me luck.. ... ..

Nine Out Of Ten Voices In My Head told Me To Stay Home Today & Clean My Guns.. ... ..
Old 02 Jun 06, 02:49
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam

No problems, here's the how-to about managing attachments:
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...chment_explain
Old 02 Jun 06, 03:09
Corporal
United_States

Attachment 15843

If this don't work, I'll get someone tomorrow to help me..

Lurp Team North of Tay Ninh.. ... ..

Last edited by Clay More; 21 Jun 06 at 18:49..
Old 02 Jun 06, 03:27
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam

It worked you guys were kinda heavily burdened
I like pictures taken by the soldiers themselves, they feel more "real" than professional ones if you know what I mean.
Old 02 Jun 06, 10:54
Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Cool pic claymoore.
Old 02 Jun 06, 11:34
Corporal
United_States

Quote:
It worked you guys were kinda heavily burdened
I like pictures taken by the soldiers themselves, they feel more "real" than professional ones if you know what I mean.
Glad that it worked.. Yeah on the heavily burdened.. Some "jobs" took longer than others.. Carry what ya need the most cause ya never know exactly when ya can get resupplied.. Main basics to most of us were Lurp Rations and armament..

Old 02 Jun 06, 11:44
Corporal
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanker55
Cool pic claymoore.
Thank ya Tank, and you're right about, "a true friend will be right next to you".. I've had to many folks at my back that I was leary of.. I want ya right by my side through the thick of it all.. ... ..

Old 03 Jun 06, 13:08
Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] GunNutUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Hey Claymore what service were you in Army,Marines?
Old 03 Jun 06, 13:17
Corporal
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanker55
Hey Claymore what service were you in Army,Marines?
Was in the Army Tanker.. 1st. Cavalry Division "Airmobile" in Vietnam..

After Vietnam I was sent to Germany and was with the 1st. Bn. 26th. Inf. "Blue Spaders" 1st. Inf. Div.

Old 03 Jun 06, 13:55
ACG Forums - Guardiano di Roma
Pirate
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
It's good to have you aboard, Clay More!

Thanx for the pic!

ACG History Today

BoRG
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!