StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Modern Wars & Warfare > The Last Post

Notices and Announcements

The Last Post This forum is provided so that members may honor and provide a tribute to those who have fallen in the service of their country, and indeed the world.

Old 09 Dec 07, 16:20
Banned
United_States

Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700] Centrix Vigilis is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Nice work Slug me ole pard.
Old 31 Jul 09, 10:00
Captain
Canada
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99] majorchuck is on the path to success [1-99]
thank you slug

these fallen heros will be remembered forever abook of names home state and family recquium sould be published when we eliminate the taliban and the rest of those crimminals. I am a Canadian who wishes he was 20 again so I could jion the Marine Corps and do duty to god my continent and freedom for there is no greater honor than to go into battle with right and might on your side.
Old 31 Jul 09, 23:07
ACG Forums - Guardiano di Roma
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Thread moved to The Last Post.

Anchored, as well!

ACG Staff

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 22 Oct 10, 07:39
Recruit
United_States

dorramide7 is a balanced individual [0]
Thanks for the cite, I hadn't read this before, very meaningful.

I was Army but in 1972 when the NVA were coming down it was like a huge jauggernaut for the first couple of weeks, nothing was stopping them, they were gobbling up villages, towns and firebases. In one town we lost contact with there were 40 US Marines and no one knew what happened to them. My CO told me, "Either they will all come out or none will come out". Well, fortunately he proved correct on the former, the next day all 40 were accounted for, and alive.

For those of us who have lost family and/or friends in the military it is good to see that they are remembered and that the politicians be reminded that it is lives, not numbers, that do the fighting and dieing.
Old 23 Oct 10, 22:19
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500]
skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500] skiplc is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailboss49 View Post
Thanks for the cite, I hadn't read this before, very meaningful.

I was Army but in 1972 when the NVA were coming down it was like a huge jauggernaut for the first couple of weeks, nothing was stopping them, they were gobbling up villages, towns and firebases. In one town we lost contact with there were 40 US Marines and no one knew what happened to them. My CO told me, "Either they will all come out or none will come out". Well, fortunately he proved correct on the former, the next day all 40 were accounted for, and alive.

For those of us who have lost family and/or friends in the military it is good to see that they are remembered and that the politicians be reminded that it is lives, not numbers, that do the fighting and dieing.
Yes trailboss, it is the individual lives that matter. Whether Ground Zero or any other event.

I was aboard the only ship firing support on 30Mar72 and the two Marines lost at firebase A2 on 1Apr72 will always be close to my heart. Lt. Dave Bruggeman and L/Cpl Jimmy Worth were lost but 3 were saved with the combined effort of F Troop/8th Cav pilots & crew, 3 DDG's firing danger close support, and Lt Joel Eisenstein (the Marine's CO).

It's something special when one can witness a few good men defy a division of PAVN and get the job done. That UH-1E and 2 Cobras not only flew in under devistating PAVN fire but also ignored the rain of steel three ships were laying down.

Same day we shifted our support to the Dong Ha bridge to allow Marine and Army advisors to drop the two bridges there. John Ripley, Jim Smock, Le Ba Binh & his 600 RVNMC gave the finger to 20,000 PAVN troops and 200 Tanks. Again, not an Easter Sunday passes without remembering the 400 South Vietnamese Marines who died defending those two bridges at Dong Ha.

At home, one local high school has given 7 soldiers in Afganistan. Attending each of their funerals is one way we old vets are able to let the politicians know each life matters and that those lives are not lost in the numbers game; are not lost to time.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!