StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Modern Wars & Warfare > The Last Post

Notices and Announcements

The Last Post This forum is provided so that members may honor and provide a tribute to those who have fallen in the service of their country, and indeed the world.

Old 16 Apr 06, 02:42
ACG Forums - Morale Officer
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Faces of the Fallen

I was looking around for articles to post here, and I came across this.
This site posts pictures and information on United States Service members who have died in Afghanistan and Iraq.
I never knew there was such a thing.
Slug

Last edited by Slug; 16 Apr 06 at 02:46..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 16 Apr 06, 04:59
General of the Forums
Sinc
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Thank you Slug. This site is now bookmarked
Old 16 Apr 06, 09:15
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
It is now a Sticky...Thanks Slug...

This would fit just as well in the Gulf War section...

Slug, you make the call...let me know if you want it moved over there.
Old 16 Apr 06, 10:24
ACG Forums - Morale Officer
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
It is now a Sticky...Thanks Slug...

This would fit just as well in the Gulf War section...

Slug, you make the call...let me know if you want it moved over there.
Gulf War would be fine.
Thank you.
Old 16 Apr 06, 11:07
Brigadier General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Terry Patterson has demonstrated strength of character [100] Terry Patterson has demonstrated strength of character [100] Terry Patterson has demonstrated strength of character [100] Terry Patterson has demonstrated strength of character [100] Terry Patterson has demonstrated strength of character [100] Terry Patterson has demonstrated strength of character [100] Terry Patterson has demonstrated strength of character [100] Terry Patterson has demonstrated strength of character [100] Terry Patterson has demonstrated strength of character [100]
how tragic,i've just seen a face from my old home town,Wilbur wa.
Old 16 Apr 06, 23:47
General
United_States

Reiryc has a spectacular aura about [400]
Reiryc has a spectacular aura about [400] Reiryc has a spectacular aura about [400] Reiryc has a spectacular aura about [400] Reiryc has a spectacular aura about [400] Reiryc has a spectacular aura about [400]
My parents and Ryan's parents were good friends when we used to live in the same town. His sister, Alyse was a friend of mine as well as in my class in high school. My grandmother who passed away at age 97 was buried a short distance from ryan. It was sad to see that his grave was still fresh enough that grass had not grown over it .

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/f...yan-a-beaupre/

Ryan was one of the first casualties in the war. I didn't know him well, he was a freshman when I was a senior in high school but I do remember that he liked sports and in particular basketball quite a bit. I still see that really skinny little red head in my memory and it's surreal to me to think of him being gone.
Old 17 Apr 06, 09:14
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Chris Blackwell, FDNY Rescue 3

Chris Blackwell was one of those brave New York City Firemen who perished while saving thousands of civilians from the World Trade Center on 9/11.

Chris was also an old friend of mine from high school. Chris was the son of one of our small town's police officers. We grew up in New Fairfield, Connecticut. When both of us were 16, we joined the town's Volunteer Fire Department as junior members. As juniors, we were not supposed to drive any of the equipment or enter burning buildings. However, on at least two occasions, Chris and I had to make ambulance calls...With me driving and Chris tending the patient. There were also a few occasions that Chris managed to find his way into burning buildings despite the rules.

After high school, Chris joined the USAF and became a heavy rescue expert. In his subsequent career with FDNY, he became a nationally recognized rescue expert and taught fire departments all over the USA in rescue operations.

We were good friends back in the late 1970's. After high school we lost touch with one another...I deeply regret that. A day or two after 9/11, my sister told me that Chris was among the more the 400 New York City firemen lost on 9/11.

:flag: Rescue 3
Old 17 Apr 06, 10:07
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Well done, Slug.
Old 17 Apr 06, 10:28
General of the Forums
Hungary
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
I didn't see anyone I know personally, thank goodness, but did find MOH Winner Paul Smith (no relation).

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/f.../paul-r-smith/

The summary on him says it all.

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
http://www.mormon.org
http://www.sca.org
http://www.scv.org/
http://www.scouting.org/
Old 17 Apr 06, 12:46
ACG Forums - canis administrationem
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Just helps to recognize that we really are in this boat together.
My wife was participating in a series of meetings with the Navy staff at the pentagon. 9/11/2001 was a non-meeting week for the group, she knew eleven of the casulaties.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.
Sponsored Links

Old 25 May 06, 13:08
Private
United_States

pmaidhof has disabled reputation
I had the distinct honor and priviledge to personally serve with this Hero, Sergeant Major Michael Curtain, USMCR (Ret.) - Sergeant NYPD.

http://www.corpsstories.com/memoriam-Curtin.htm

Semper Fidelis Sergeant Major.

Pete
Old 09 Dec 07, 01:24
Colonel
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

ROOBARB has demonstrated strength of character [100] ROOBARB has demonstrated strength of character [100] ROOBARB has demonstrated strength of character [100] ROOBARB has demonstrated strength of character [100] ROOBARB has demonstrated strength of character [100] ROOBARB has demonstrated strength of character [100] ROOBARB has demonstrated strength of character [100] ROOBARB has demonstrated strength of character [100] ROOBARB has demonstrated strength of character [100] ROOBARB has demonstrated strength of character [100]
some more faces of the fallen
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ms/default.stm
Old 09 Dec 07, 05:48
General of the Forums
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
ACG Football Manager of the Season ACG Football Manager of the Season 

Galland is simply cracking [600]
Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600]
Dont think we can doubt that those shown on this page can walk in the shoes of the " golden generation " of WW 2 . IT is almost too sad for me to even post on this subject.......
Old 09 Dec 07, 09:01
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaidhof View Post
I had the distinct honor and priviledge to personally serve with this Hero, Sergeant Major Michael Curtain, USMCR (Ret.) - Sergeant NYPD.

http://www.corpsstories.com/memoriam-Curtin.htm

Semper Fidelis Sergeant Major.
Thanks for the cite, I hadn't read this before, very meaningful.

I was Army but in 1972 when the NVA were coming down it was like a huge jauggernaut for the first couple of weeks, nothing was stopping them, they were gobbling up villages, towns and firebases. In one town we lost contact with there were 40 US Marines and no one knew what happened to them. My CO told me, "Either they will all come out or none will come out". Well, fortunately he proved correct on the former, the next day all 40 were accounted for, and alive.

For those of us who have lost family and/or friends in the military it is good to see that they are remembered and that the politicians be reminded that it is lives, not numbers, that do the fighting and dieing.

Last edited by Trailboss49; 09 Dec 07 at 09:09..
Old 09 Dec 07, 15:49
Brigadier General
United_States
Summer Campaign 

Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300] Scout32 is on a distinguished road [300]
:flag:

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!