HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks

Notices and Announcements

The Barracks For stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Members can retire from the serious discussions elsewhere on the forums...and relax here.

Old 18 Feb 09, 23:10
General of the Forums
United_States
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
SPQR Campaign Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torien View Post
Kaiser, you got a ribbon!
Yes, I noticed. Didn't you see me notice?
Old 18 Feb 09, 23:12
General of the Forums
Austria
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign Greatest Westerns Campaign 

Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
Where can I file for unemployeement -- and where do I pick up the check ?? Can they just bring it to me at the house ?? Going to the mailbox is a lot of trouble and I'd rather not bother

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)
Old 18 Feb 09, 23:14
General of the Forums
Austria

Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500] Kaiser Franz is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torien View Post
Yes, I noticed. Didn't you see me notice?
I spend a lot of my time not reading posts other than the ones on the current window - that's why my "conversations" are frequently disjointed

As our Supply Sargent once said "If'n you only got one - order one - If'n you got Two - turn one in !! (???)
Old 18 Feb 09, 23:21
General of the Forums
United_States
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
SPQR Campaign Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
I spend a lot of my time not reading posts other than the ones on the current window - that's why my "conversations" are frequently disjointed
I spend a lot of time reading all the posts. I don't know why. I read pretty quick and sometimes just following the streams of the various consciousnesses is entertaining.
Old 18 Feb 09, 23:24
General of the Forums
Austria

I'm not good at "multi-tasking" -- I sort of have a detail oreinted one track mind -- focus on one thing at a time - so I get stuck in drawn out and long winded political battles -- keeps me from going back and reading everything -- LOL -- I'm too busy talking to read it all

Old 18 Feb 09, 23:29
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Franz View Post
I'm not good at "multi-tasking" -- I sort of have a detail oreinted one track mind -- focus on one thing at a time - so I get stuck in drawn out and long winded political battles -- keeps me from going back and reading everything -- LOL -- I'm too busy talking to read it all
Where as, I tend to be able to multi-track my mind and work on various problems at once. I find myself having to constantly explain where my comments come from (in conversation, not here) because I answer a query posed 15 minutes before. Others in the conversation have moved on, but I am still working on the old question/problem as well as anything that comes up.

I'm not normal. But what is "normal"?
Old 18 Feb 09, 23:41
General of the Forums
Austria

Normal is a nebulous thing LOL -- none of us are "normal" -mainly because we don't want to be -- there is nothing exciting about being a normal average guy - so how should normal be defined ?? That's a question for the ages - isn't it?

Old 18 Feb 09, 23:58
General of the Forums
United_States

Yes, it is. I will leave off on the philosophical nature of your question (the others don't seem to like that) and I will try to avoid any age jokes....

I am probably going to be a little busy for the next half-hour or so (i might have just started a flame-war over in politics)

Have a good night if I don't chat with you again!
Old 19 Feb 09, 04:19
General of the Forums
United_States
March Offensive 5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Good morning, I have risen to wet snow and am now leavinf for work an hour early

just for a four hour morning shift ...
Old 19 Feb 09, 08:09
General of the Forums
Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton 7079 View Post
Good morning, I have risen to wet snow and am now leavinf for work an hour early

just for a four hour morning shift ...
Don't forget to shovel the sidewalk before you leave for work

Sponsored Links

Old 19 Feb 09, 08:54
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Erkki is simply cracking [600]
Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600]
I have the flu or a cold or something...

Svbway To Sallys - Kraehenfrass
Old 19 Feb 09, 08:58
General of the Forums
Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki View Post
I have the flu or a cold or something...
Stay home from school -- get into bed -- get three of those nice young ladies from the pictures on the previous pages to snuggle up with you in bed -- just to keep you warm -- you'll feel better in the morning

Old 19 Feb 09, 09:07
Brigadier General
Switzerland
5 Year Service Ribbon 5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100] sawman0311 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
and then back to the ladies...
Old 19 Feb 09, 09:07
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Erkki is simply cracking [600]
Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600] Erkki is simply cracking [600]
This is the third day I am home... Yes it would work temporarely, it would be even warmer if my girlfriend finds out. So hot it would be a danger for my health.

Svbway To Sallys - Kraehenfrass
Old 19 Feb 09, 09:13
General of the Forums
Austria

Is your girlfriend not with you Errki ? Where is she ?

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!