StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Weapons of War

Notices and Announcements

Weapons of War The machinery of warfare. .

Old 27 Jul 05, 13:20
General of the Forums
Portuguese_Monarchy
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 

Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600]
Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600]
I think I got it, in german the name is "Faustrohr" or "Faustbüchse", rigth?
For more on handgonnes,
http://www.musketeer.ch/blackpowder/handgonne.html

Old 27 Jul 05, 13:58
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap. Teancum
I think I got it, in german the name is "Faustrohr" or "Faustbüchse", rigth?
For more on handgonnes,
http://www.musketeer.ch/blackpowder/handgonne.html
It is close to "Faustbüchse," but incorrect. Remember it has the old German word for "hook" in the name, and the word "Arquebus" comes from this German name. If "Faustbüchse" is the German equivelant of "hand-gonne" then the name I'm looking for would be a type of "faustbüchse," a "_____büchse."

By the way, that's a very good website you posted. Very interesting info on early gonnes.
Old 27 Jul 05, 18:28
General of the Forums
Portuguese_Monarchy
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600] Cap. Teancum is simply cracking [600]
"Hakenbüshen", would that be the correct way of spelling it?

Old 27 Jul 05, 19:52
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200] HiredGoon is walking in the light [200]
Correct! Good job tracking that down. Sorry to be so picky. The Hakenbüchse had a hook on it which could be used as a hand to hand combat weapon once the gonne was discharged.
Old 28 Jul 05, 05:30
General of the Forums
Portuguese_Monarchy

One has to love to be challenged. I know I sure do. I just don't have to many resources yet, and I'm not also a expert on weapons. I love the subject though.
I'll try to come up with a challenge too.

Old 28 Jul 05, 05:36
General of the Forums
Portuguese_Monarchy

Ok, I got one, I'm not sure how easy or hard it will be to figure this one out.
You guys need to teach me how to put the picture directly on the post, sorry to put it as an attachment, but I don't know any other way.
My bad.
Attached Images
File Type: gif gun.gif (39.7 KB, 127 views)

Old 28 Jul 05, 07:25
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Ok, I got one, I'm not sure how easy or hard it will be to figure this one out.
You guys need to teach me how to put the picture directly on the post, sorry to put it as an attachment, but I don't know any other way.
My bad.
Ar-15 9mm carbine.
Old 28 Jul 05, 07:30
General of the Forums
Portuguese_Monarchy

One for one.
Nice going Duncan.

Old 28 Jul 05, 07:33
General of the Forums
Portuguese_Monarchy

One more for the road...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gun.jpg (4.2 KB, 133 views)

Old 28 Jul 05, 09:14
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive SPQR Campaign 

Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Martini henry rifle. Used in africa. Watch zulu and zulu dawn
Sponsored Links

Old 28 Jul 05, 09:27
General of the Forums
Portuguese_Monarchy

Sorry General, but that ain't the correct answer.

Old 28 Jul 05, 09:49
General of the Forums
United_States
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400]
BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Sorry General, but that ain't the correct answer.
I think he's answering one of the earlier rifles on the thread.

But your last one Luis is a MP5A#SD. Its a integrally silenced MP5 with a retractable stock (making it an A# variand either 2 or 3 I'm not sure). Supposedly with the correct subsonic 9mm ammo its so quiet you only hear the clicking of the bolt.
Old 28 Jul 05, 09:56
General of the Forums
Portuguese_Monarchy

Great job BB, all I had on it, was that it was a HK MP5.
I guess you're rigth about Patton's last post, my bad.

Old 28 Jul 05, 12:49
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States

OVERKILL has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99]
coltcammando
Old 28 Jul 05, 20:55
General
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

the_redstar_swl has disabled reputation
Whats this one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rifle.jpg (18.8 KB, 143 views)

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!