StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > World War I

Notices and Announcements

World War I The war to end all wars.

Old 20 Apr 05, 04:55
General
Australia
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Temujin is on the path to success [1-99] Temujin is on the path to success [1-99] Temujin is on the path to success [1-99] Temujin is on the path to success [1-99] Temujin is on the path to success [1-99] Temujin is on the path to success [1-99]
Nagant revolver, not sure the type name.

Or, i think the French used the same, maybe it was french, and coppied by Nagant, something like that.
Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Last edited by Temujin; 20 Apr 05 at 05:02..
Old 20 Apr 05, 15:47
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temujin
Nagant revolver, not sure the type name.

Or, i think the French used the same, maybe it was french, and coppied by Nagant, something like that.
Specifically the Model 1895 Nagant revolver 7.62mm., made in both single and double action versions. Though relatively small in caliber it was for its time a high velocity hand gun with a 7 chamber cylinder. A unique feature (that supposedly increased the muzzle velocity) was that as the hammer was about to fall the cylinder telescoped forward into alignment with the barrel.

Peace through superior firepower.
Old 20 Apr 05, 16:11
Lieutenant General
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200]
Actually...I am afraid not. Clue #1 : It is a French pistol.
Old 20 Apr 05, 19:14
Major
Canada

horatio_nelson is on the path to success [1-99] horatio_nelson is on the path to success [1-99]
I do believe that it is a Pistole Revolveur Modele 1892, also known as a Lebel, or a model d'Ordonnance. It holds six 8mm rounds and the chamber swings out for reloading, whereas the Webley snaps open.

-Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson, Duke of Bronte, KB, RN
Old 20 Apr 05, 19:36
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Williams
Specifically the Model 1895 Nagant revolver 7.62mm., made in both single and double action versions. Though relatively small in caliber it was for its time a high velocity hand gun with a 7 chamber cylinder. A unique feature (that supposedly increased the muzzle velocity) was that as the hammer was about to fall the cylinder telescoped forward into alignment with the barrel.

oops.................

Peace through superior firepower.
Sponsored Links

Old 20 Apr 05, 21:56
Lieutenant General
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200]
Horatio_nelson has it! Good try Lance...it does look very similar to the Nagant.
Old 21 Apr 05, 08:30
Major
Canada

horatio_nelson is on the path to success [1-99] horatio_nelson is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon
Horatio_nelson has it! Good try Lance...it does look very similar to the Nagant.
I first thought it was a Nagant, but it didn't seem right.

Old 22 Apr 05, 00:29
Lance Corporal
United_States

doodad is a balanced individual [0]
Next?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-Hunter Thompson

--
Old 22 Apr 05, 23:46
Lieutenant General
Canada

I am working on finding a new photo. The photo will be up early tommorow morning.
Old 23 Apr 05, 13:39
Lieutenant General
Canada

Right then...name the man in this photo:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acgnamethatphoto3.JPG (13.9 KB, 99 views)
Old 23 Apr 05, 22:31
Lieutenant General
Canada

Any guesses??

Clue #1 He is not German.
Old 24 Apr 05, 20:45
Major
Canada

Quote:
Any guesses??

Clue #1 He is not German.
I knew he wasn't German.

I'm looking through some resources to find out who he is.

Old 24 Apr 05, 21:16
Lieutenant General
Canada

He is not from continental Europe.
Old 24 Apr 05, 22:10
Major
Canada

Quote:
He is not from continental Europe.
I do believe that he is Sir Roger Casement, the British traitor and Irish Nationalist Hero, excuted in 1916 for organizing the Easter Rising.

Old 24 Apr 05, 22:32
Lieutenant General
Canada

Correct horatio_nelson! He was tried for treason and hung by the British after the failed Easter Rising. Here is a biography of him. http://www.firstworldwar.com/bio/casement.htm

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!