StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Welcomes You! > Introductions

Notices and Announcements

Introductions Welcome to our forums! Please stop by, throw out an introduction, and begin your tour of duty on the best History site on the 'net! Need help? See the Basic Training forum at the bottom of this list!

Old 11 Aug 16, 06:45
General of the Forums
Sweden
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 Blast View Post
Hi all,

Just found this site and am looking forward to many interesting discussions. I've always been interested in history, and for whatever reason, military history in particular. My knowledge is rather broad, but also quite shallow, and am looking forward to deepening my understanding here.
Welcome to the Forum!

Fred

Old 01 Oct 16, 09:46
Recruit
United_States

Halfcanteen is a balanced individual [0]
I just signed on as a new member. I'm a Vietnam veteran, 1st Inf. Div 66'-67', and 120th Helicopter Co. 67'-68'. I'm retired civil service, like the outdoors, going to the gym, and spending time with my family. Thanks for letting me join you.
Old 01 Oct 16, 10:47
General of the Forums
Sweden

leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 Blast View Post
Hi all,

Just found this site and am looking forward to many interesting discussions. I've always been interested in history, and for whatever reason, military history in particular. My knowledge is rather broad, but also quite shallow, and am looking forward to deepening my understanding here.

Welcome to the Forum!

Fred

Old 01 Oct 16, 10:49
General of the Forums
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcanteen View Post
I just signed on as a new member. I'm a Vietnam veteran, 1st Inf. Div 66'-67', and 120th Helicopter Co. 67'-68'. I'm retired civil service, like the outdoors, going to the gym, and spending time with my family. Thanks for letting me join you.
Welcome aboard!

Fred

Old 03 Oct 16, 22:40
Private
United_States

Old dog is on the path to success [1-99]
Just signed in as a new member too. Viet Nam '68 - '68. I was a Sp/5 in Co A 31st Engr Bn. We operated from the Blackhorse, Bearcat and Phuoc Vinh areas of the Three Corps.
When daughters started showing up I went into the Reserves, off to Benning School for Boys for a Commission and stuck around in a number of Engineer outfits long enough to be getting paid to stay home now.
Thanks, Lou
Sponsored Links

Old 03 Oct 16, 22:59
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600]
jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600]
welcome old dog........
Old 07 Oct 16, 00:53
Recruit
Armchair_General

Rødhovedvej is a balanced individual [0]
New here. Hope to be enlightened by more knowledgeable folk than myself on certain military matters in various conflicts since 1900. RHV
Old 09 Oct 16, 23:57
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcanteen View Post
Welcome. 191st asslt helo company here. 71-72
Old 28 Oct 16, 03:50
Recruit
Australia

Silent Mind is a balanced individual [0]
Hi all. I all have broad interest in history and enjoy the odd strategy game. I used to be a member here a long time ago (over 5 years). I miss the discussions and social experiences you get at a good old fashioned message board, social media just doesn't cut it. It is to good to be back.
Old 28 Oct 16, 21:20
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

alrighty then........
Old 24 Nov 16, 12:35
Private
United_States

Old dog is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
welcome old dog........
I missed your "Welcome" earlier, but it's just as pleasant to see today.
Many thanks !
Oh yeah..Happy Thanksgiving to all !
Old 24 Nov 16, 18:22
Brigadier General
Australia
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200]
Hey hey! Welcome one and all! Good to see vets signing up. The folks at armchair are a great lot to cht with, and are some of the most knowlegable around to boot.

I have fun here, hope you do to!

chritopher....Darwin Australia
Old 28 Nov 16, 08:29
Private
United_States

PoRovoz is a balanced individual [0]
Hello! We are Vladimir and Nikolaj, from PoRovoz studios (porovoz = steam engine). We're the developers of an upcoming PC RTS game called Earth Liberation.

We love RTS classics such as Command and Conquer or StarCraft, and we're trying to make a new, highly polished game that will be a tribute to those amazing titles.
Old 28 Nov 16, 18:42
Recruit
United_States

Guerneville is a balanced individual [0]
A belated thanks for the welcome. I'm a U.S. Civil War and WW2 guy.

One reason I signed on is to gain a sounding board for my idle questions. For example: given it's fearsome reputation as the best all-round artillery piece of WW2, why wasn't the German 88 copied and mass produced by the United States during the war? (I sure hope it has nothing to do with patent rights). And why was General Von Kleist extradited to Yugoslavia (which, in turn, led to his incarceration and death in Russia), when so many other German general officers were spared that fate? Why was Von Kleist an exception to the rule?
Old 06 Dec 16, 09:06
Recruit
Belgium

Wilsoba is a balanced individual [0]
Welcome to newcomers

Found this site during a WW1 information search on the US battleship "Connecticut" launched in 1904...I'm a British expat in Brussels, since 1972, retired, interested in WWI and have a lot of material. (eg Guy Empey's 'Over The Top'; the Versailles Treaty (HMSO June 1919). Collect vintage postcards (UK, Belgium, France, USA) - just opened a file on the 'flu epidemic - unreported in allied WWI press at the time.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!