StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Welcomes You! > Introductions

Notices and Announcements

Introductions Welcome to our forums! Please stop by, throw out an introduction, and begin your tour of duty on the best History site on the 'net! Need help? See the Basic Training forum at the bottom of this list!

Old 29 Jul 15, 14:18
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotEGJordan View Post
Hi all, just signed up! Professional Cold War nut, expect to see me haunting the relevant threads in the near future!
Welcome aboard mate. It would be nice to see the cold war get some action here.
Old 06 Aug 15, 17:19
Private
England

Oliver96 is on the path to success [1-99]
Hello from Oxfordshire, England!

Hey all!

I have already posted a thread introducing myself in the 'Introduction' section of the Forums but I thought I should post here as well to spread my greetings.

My name is Oliver and I'm 19 with a long-held passion for History and Politics, though my primary fascination is with Modern History and the Second World War along with current affairs.

I am looking forward to gaining knowledge, engaging in discussion and debate, and contributing here.
Old 13 Aug 15, 08:39
Recruit
United_States

blath is a balanced individual [0]
Salutations everyone,
*thinks* Though aware of Armchair General, via Facebook and when it would post on my news feed, forum visits to read other people's post were here and there. But I was actually surprised to find I hadn't even registered on the forum, cuz I actually like forums.
Anyway what brought me here again and to register was to share something caught on a video interviewing soldiers who fought in Burma during World War 2, basically one of the veterans mentioning a female Japanese sniper. Sadly not much was mentioned, topic of the veteran was more of a yeah snipers happened kind of thing. But I thought it had to be shared and the one military forum I am a member of.. is more on recent / ongoing events and career advice than history.
Anyhoo. I do read and unfortunately for this year non-fiction / including history seems to be way in the lead in terms of satisfying reads, not that I don't like non-fiction but one usually hopes when one invest time in a book (fiction or non-fiction)..that it's at least a satisfying if not competent read. However I will admit even the non-fiction is sorta so so.. but I'm not dinging it as the author admitted to be rather new at investigating things at least in terms of out in the field / constant watching. And that particular book "Blank Spots on the Map: The Dark Geography of the Pentagon's Secret World" by Trevor Paglen had a sort of appeal to it, in that you basically had an outsider looking in and for the most part encountering a friendly batch of people sharing what they could, and him figuring and sharing his reasonable theories /with evidence and the whys on how things might be working or how they were coded.
And that is that. Thank you for reading and benevolent wishes to your day.
Old 08 Sep 15, 08:59
Private
United_States

JohntheFancy is on the path to success [1-99]
Greetings.

Greetings all.
Not 100% sure if this is the right place to drop a post such as this. So I apologize if it is not.
I am BigDog's son, and I am rather new to the forum. He introduced me to this forum. I have noticed a lot of history, political, and modeling discussion on this forum. Which catches my interest. I can speak a little bit of German and I am learning how to speak Russian. Aside from that the only thing I may have to offer to the forums is my two cents in a discussion. Though I mostly keep to myself, if there is a discussion on camouflage I will certainly be making frequent stops to it when I can.
Old 18 Sep 15, 10:37
Private
Slovenia

KlemenKocjancic is on the path to success [1-99]
Hi!

I'm Klemen Kocjancic, a PhD student from Slovenia (University of Ljubljana), working on a thesis on Waffen-SS in Slovenia during World War II.

Hoping to get in contact with people with similar research interest.
Old 17 Oct 15, 05:57
Private
Canada

Perikles42 is a balanced individual [0]
Hello,

I'm Stéphane, from Montreal,
I work today on a game project designed to simulate all conflicts in the world with only one gamerule.
Old 28 Oct 15, 12:00
Recruit
United_States

aleishae123 is a balanced individual [0]
Hi all,
I'm Aleisha. I am currently working on a historical fiction novel set right after the Revolutionary war. I joined in hopes of fact finding and learning more about the war and life in America after the war. Also, very interested in learning more about the German perspective and how they came to be apart of the Revolutionary war.
Old 28 Oct 15, 13:01
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

slick24 is simply cracking [600]
slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600]
Welcome

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein
Old 01 Nov 15, 17:07
Recruit
United_States

Imagination is a balanced individual [0]
Hello! my name is Jon and I imagine, as I'm sure all of you do if I may be so bold as to presume so. My dad, T. A. Gardner, was describing a scenario he was directing in a role-playing game on this site, which intrigued me verily, and invited me to join the forums. I hope to learn from the history you all, and I now as well, create here.
Old 01 Nov 15, 17:11
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Welcome aboard.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Sponsored Links

Old 16 Nov 15, 08:33
Recruit
United_States

USMarine is a balanced individual [0]

Hey,
Retired US Marine. Interested in French and Indian War, Revolutionary War, and Native American History. War gaming interests are both board and miniatures. Build models related to these periods and collect toy soldiers of these eras.
Old 16 Nov 15, 10:17
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600]
jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600]
Thumbs up

Welcome.
Old 22 Nov 15, 13:19
Private
England

johnny muir is on the path to success [1-99]
New crew member right here. History enthusiast and documentary maker
Old 26 Nov 15, 12:09
Recruit
Canada

pokokat is a balanced individual [0]
POKO here from Manitoulin Island, Canada. I'm a serious collector of war movies. I blog a lot about war and hope you drop by - email for link. I'm always looking to add new and old films plus documentaries.
Best,
POKO
Old 30 Jan 16, 15:49
Recruit
Israel

Artemis_ is a balanced individual [0]
Hello! I'm just a normal dude (oh god i hope) who's interested in history, especially ancient Greek, Rome and Egypt. I'm living in Israel and I'm 15, so I'm guessing I'm one of the youngest users in here.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!