StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Welcomes You! > Introductions

Notices and Announcements

Introductions Welcome to our forums! Please stop by, throw out an introduction, and begin your tour of duty on the best History site on the 'net! Need help? See the Basic Training forum at the bottom of this list!

Old 16 Apr 15, 10:58
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600]
jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600] jeffdoorgunnr is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsusmc View Post
New Jarhead signing in today....USMC, ChuLai Vietnam Vet, 1965-1966, saying hello to All Vietnam Brothers.....
hey hey........
Old 20 Apr 15, 04:02
Private First Class
UK

Lemming is on the path to success [1-99]
Hello, Generals!

I'm writing to you from Leeds, England, where my wife is studying Medieval History at the university. She's the smart one in the family; my education was in Computer Engineering, where we didn't get much historical instruction (except perhaps MIPS and ENIAC).

I have an interest in wargames and in game design in addition to general history. I'm fascinated by attempts to represent real history using discrete mechanics. I'm somewhat ashamed to say that the bulk of my historical knowledge (if you can call it that) comes from tangential learning via games, so I'm always looking for good books to fill in the gaps. I just wish that game designers would cite their sources and research!

I look forward to making your acquaintance over the vast wealth of historical interest that is represented on these forums.
Old 20 Apr 15, 08:13
Private
England

Fallenblade is a balanced individual [0]
Hey guys, I'm Ash from the UK. I'm a big strategist Gamer. Been Gaming since the age of 8. Hope to meet and chat with like minded people.
Old 20 Apr 15, 09:31
Private First Class
UK

Lemming is on the path to success [1-99]
Welcome to the forums, Ash!
Old 27 Apr 15, 08:39
Recruit
Netherlands

helleluja is a balanced individual [0]
Hello dear peoples of here!
I am happy to meet you all and hope we will spend a warm and inspiring time together. Thanks for having me
Sponsored Links

Old 02 May 15, 18:27
Lance Corporal
Saudi_Arabia

Sultan is on the path to success [1-99]
I had an account 4 years ago
this is my new one
hello
Old 02 May 15, 18:52
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
I had an account 4 years ago
this is my new one
hello
Better talk to the Mods, that's a instant perma-ban.

They really frown on that...

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 02 May 15, 20:10
Lance Corporal
Saudi_Arabia

Sultan is on the path to success [1-99]
I can't.. the old one is deleted for some reason, unless I have forgotten the information to it.

I believe it was named either General sultan, or Sultan44.
Old 02 May 15, 20:14
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
No worries. Pm one of the staff. They'll fix it.

DoD is active.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/member.php?u=3909

Just PM him.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 22 Jun 15, 16:36
Major
England

Lāčplēsis is on the path to success [1-99] Lāčplēsis is on the path to success [1-99] Lāčplēsis is on the path to success [1-99] Lāčplēsis is on the path to success [1-99]
A big 'Hello'

Hello General and all,
Greetings from sunny Kuwait, well... its after sunset so a cool 40 celcius.
Stumbled upon this fine forum this evening. I am a Creative Director and Editor and work in a Cultural Centre attached to a collection of Islamic Art. Been far from Blighty since '88.
As a teenager I was 30+ years ago a keen wargamer, modeller and English Civil War reenactor. While many of those activities have lain dormant for some decades for one reason or another I am a keen historian and have done my bit in helping a military modelling society to start in Kuwait.
Main periods of historical interest are, but not confined to, in no particular order; The English Civil War, The Seven Years' War, British and German Colonial Wars, the Teutonic Knights, the Ottoman Army, Piri Reis' naval adventures, The Latvian War of Independence 1918-1920, WWI, Inerwar and WWII African and Middle-East theatres. The exploits and history of the RFC and RAF continue to fascinate too.
Old 23 Jun 15, 04:28
General of the Forums
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
A warm welcome to the forum sir! With a range of interests like that I'm sure you'll make interesting contributions to our discussions.
Old 23 Jun 15, 07:20
Major
England

Lāčplēsis is on the path to success [1-99] Lāčplēsis is on the path to success [1-99] Lāčplēsis is on the path to success [1-99] Lāčplēsis is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joea View Post
A warm welcome to the forum sir! With a range of interests like that I'm sure you'll make interesting contributions to our discussions.
Thank you Sir!
I see quite a variety of topics that whet my interest!
Thank you!
Old 11 Jul 15, 02:44
General of the Forums
Sweden
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lāčplēsis View Post
Hello General and all,
Greetings from sunny Kuwait, well... its after sunset so a cool 40 celcius.
Stumbled upon this fine forum this evening. I am a Creative Director and Editor and work in a Cultural Centre attached to a collection of Islamic Art. Been far from Blighty since '88.
As a teenager I was 30+ years ago a keen wargamer, modeller and English Civil War reenactor. While many of those activities have lain dormant for some decades for one reason or another I am a keen historian and have done my bit in helping a military modelling society to start in Kuwait.
Main periods of historical interest are, but not confined to, in no particular order; The English Civil War, The Seven Years' War, British and German Colonial Wars, the Teutonic Knights, the Ottoman Army, Piri Reis' naval adventures, The Latvian War of Independence 1918-1920, WWI, Inerwar and WWII African and Middle-East theatres. The exploits and history of the RFC and RAF continue to fascinate too.
Welcome aboard, Harvey!

Fred
Old 11 Jul 15, 02:47
General of the Forums
Sweden
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100] leandros has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
Hello, Generals!

I'm writing to you from Leeds, England, where my wife is studying Medieval History at the university. She's the smart one in the family; my education was in Computer Engineering, where we didn't get much historical instruction (except perhaps MIPS and ENIAC).

I have an interest in wargames and in game design in addition to general history. I'm fascinated by attempts to represent real history using discrete mechanics. I'm somewhat ashamed to say that the bulk of my historical knowledge (if you can call it that) comes from tangential learning via games, so I'm always looking for good books to fill in the gaps. I just wish that game designers would cite their sources and research!

I look forward to making your acquaintance over the vast wealth of historical interest that is represented on these forums.
Welcome aboard, Kevin - no lack of historical knowledge on this Forum....

Fred
Old 20 Jul 15, 09:44
Private
UK

ElliotEGJordan is on the path to success [1-99]
Hi all, just signed up! Professional Cold War nut, expect to see me haunting the relevant threads in the near future!
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!