StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Welcomes You! > Introductions

Notices and Announcements

Introductions Welcome to our forums! Please stop by, throw out an introduction, and begin your tour of duty on the best History site on the 'net! Need help? See the Basic Training forum at the bottom of this list!

Old 10 Nov 14, 12:26
Recruit
United_States

ThunderStorm21 is on the path to success [1-99]
Hi all just joined, I love history, politics, current events, etc. I'm excited to find like minded individuals to discuss these things.
Old 21 Nov 14, 04:30
Private
United_States

Thlayli is on the path to success [1-99]
Hello all!

I'll just put this here since my PM box doesn't seem to work yet.

---

I'm one of the leaders of a small community of around 50 refugees from Civilization Fanatics Forums. We're mostly historically-oriented people who like to play forum-based role-playing games.

Long story short, we had some issues with the site staff over at CFC and we're looking for a more relaxed place to play our games, which are mostly alternate histories or other nation-building role playing games inspired by Civilization and other strategy games. Generally, players control nations/political entities and guide them through war and peace, though we occasionally do other settings.

I noticed you have a bunch of gaming forums, but you don't have a subforum specifically for playing games in the forum itself. This website looks like the perfect one to relocate to, and I'm reasonably certain I could bring in at least a few dozen people if you were interested in accommodating us.

Would you consider making a new sub-forum in the Gaming forum for people to play alternate history (and other) forum roleplaying games in?

We'd be hugely grateful, and I can speak on behalf of all my friends as saying we'd really appreciate having a new forum with intelligent history people to call home. We like to play a wide variety of games across historical time periods.

I would include links to our maps that we've made but I don't have enough posts yet!

Thanks! I look forward to participating here.
Old 21 Nov 14, 14:01
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
Welcome everyone! Welcome aboard!

I'm Super Six 4; you can call me that, SS4, Andrew, just not Andy! *waits for someone to be a wiseass and call me Andy*

Hope you all enjoy your stay.
Let me be the wiseass and call you Andy!
Old 21 Nov 14, 14:01
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm21 View Post
Hi all just joined, I love history, politics, current events, etc. I'm excited to find like minded individuals to discuss these things.
Welcome aboard the ACG forum
Old 22 Nov 14, 04:39
Regimental Sergeant Major of the Forums
Australia
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AFB View Post
Let me be the wiseass and call you Andy!
Always Andy?

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"
Old 26 Nov 14, 16:47
Private
Spain

Gontx is on the path to success [1-99]
Hi all! I just registered in the forum. I love history and I hope to learn as much I can from you.
Old 26 Nov 14, 16:51
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Welcome aboard.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 27 Nov 14, 23:33
Private
United_States

hard stripe is on the path to success [1-99]
Just an old N.G. tred head. I did not know how much fun I was having back then. reliving memories.
Old 02 Dec 14, 09:30
Lieutenant General
Canada

Welcome all the new recruits to ACG forum
Old 05 Dec 14, 06:11
Lance Corporal
Armchair_General

ChasseurMarion is on the path to success [1-99]
Dear all,

I am Marion, I love coffee and wine and am addicted to chocolate. Discussing videogames, movies, history and politics is my hobby. Traveling, reenactment, horse riding and writing is my passion.

Have a nice day

M.
Sponsored Links

Old 07 Dec 14, 19:38
Recruit
United_States

WWIIbaby is on the path to success [1-99]
Smile Hello I'm new here

Hi, my name is Stephanie and I live in Iowa City. Grew up in Southern Calif. I'm here to research info about my dad's WWII service. I'm currently in the process of putting online about 200 letters he wrote my mom between 1943-1945. (Not sure what I will do with the material but will certainly share with the family.)

My father was a bombardier in the 15th AF flying B-25s out of Foggia, Italy and flew 48 missions before returning to the States. He was from Philadelphia and met my mother at a USO dance in Santa Ana, CA--in the Los Angeles area (where her family lived) in Dec. 1942. His name was Lt. Lawrence (Larry) Weiss (1917-1985). He trained in New Mexico--Deming and Carlsbad-- and was stationed in Columbia S.C. before going overseas in Sept. 1943. Would love to hear from anyone who is familiar with his unit, the air war in the European theatre, or just interested in his observations of the war.
Old 18 Jan 15, 19:36
Recruit
Ireland

Fianoglach is on the path to success [1-99]
Hey all Dave here from ireland . just checking in
Old 19 Jan 15, 14:30
Recruit
United_States

ONeillRyan is on the path to success [1-99]
Hello all. i am new here and i have some interesting stuff i would like to share here but i'm not sure which subforum i should post it in. i have an interesting "battle action" letter that was sent to my grand father while he was aboard LCU-1658 in may 1980 that i'm hoping to get some information on. which forum should i go to?
Old 20 Jan 15, 12:03
Recruit
United_States

rsaladino is on the path to success [1-99]
rsaladino reporting, just to say hello to everyone and it's a pleasure to be onboard.
Old 21 Jan 15, 21:12
Recruit
Australia

Dasher4Fun is on the path to success [1-99]
Hi to everyone and looking forward to using this new site and gaining new information, in particular on armoured warfare in WWII

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!