StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Welcomes You! > Introductions

Notices and Announcements

Introductions Welcome to our forums! Please stop by, throw out an introduction, and begin your tour of duty on the best History site on the 'net! Need help? See the Basic Training forum at the bottom of this list!

Old 28 Jun 14, 11:27
Private
UK

thatmatt is on the path to success [1-99]

Hi all

Just signed up, over in London where it is...raining! I'm a History teacher by day and in my spare time, write books, plays and songs. (Not that I have a huge amount of spare time with an Italian wife and 3 yr old son! But not complaining

I love reading historical books of all sorts, watching films (A Man For All Seasons is my favourite) and regularly visit the WW1 battlegrounds - the best way to do it is by bike for 3 days!

Cheers for now

Matt
Old 28 Jun 14, 16:53
Private
United_States

dtfwriterlurker is a balanced individual [0]
Hi. I've always been a big history fan, mostly American but I enjoy reading about other areas, too. I've done a number of alternate history timelines and several Print On Demand books, a couple of which are AH (baseball integrated from the start and the American history companion that delves into that area), preparing the ideas for another and came on just to glean some information since one AH thread was interesting. It appears that one can't link to such things in one's sig but I'm dtf955baseballfan on AH.com.

I don't know how often I'll post but it will be fun to come back from time to time. when I have the time. Who knows, I might be asking about anything even back to Agincourt by then.
Old 04 Jul 14, 10:11
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctusune View Post
Greetings all, I'm a fella interested in history (I know, surprise surprise). I love history with a passion, though my specialty is mostly political history not military history. However, I hope to rectify this as soon as possible. Part of the reason I'm here is to try and get some extra advice on subjects that I'm researching. Hopefully I can give some insight into some things as well! See you all in the trenches!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b20f08 View Post
Hi all. Just found this site tonight. Into military history since a little boy. I also wargame with minis. Seemed the logical thing to do when you are looking for information. Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatmatt View Post
Hi all

Just signed up, over in London where it is...raining! I'm a History teacher by day and in my spare time, write books, plays and songs. (Not that I have a huge amount of spare time with an Italian wife and 3 yr old son! But not complaining

I love reading historical books of all sorts, watching films (A Man For All Seasons is my favourite) and regularly visit the WW1 battlegrounds - the best way to do it is by bike for 3 days!

Cheers for now

Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtfwriterlurker View Post
Hi. I've always been a big history fan, mostly American but I enjoy reading about other areas, too. I've done a number of alternate history timelines and several Print On Demand books, a couple of which are AH (baseball integrated from the start and the American history companion that delves into that area), preparing the ideas for another and came on just to glean some information since one AH thread was interesting. It appears that one can't link to such things in one's sig but I'm dtf955baseballfan on AH.com.

I don't know how often I'll post but it will be fun to come back from time to time. when I have the time. Who knows, I might be asking about anything even back to Agincourt by then.
Welcome to all these recent new members! Glad to have you join us.
Old 04 Jul 14, 10:47
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Welcome to the site!

Wonderful to see so many new voices ready to join and lead our ongoing discussions (just don't start the Sealion debate again!).

Hope you'll enjoy it as much here as we do.
Old 07 Jul 14, 11:42
Private
Sweden

Karaya Eins is on the path to success [1-99]
Hi all, just joined this forum but have been lurking for quite a while.
I'm generally interested in history but especially the WW II period.
Have been playing a lot of strategy games, HOI 1-3, TOAW, PG etc.

Regards
Sponsored Links

Old 08 Jul 14, 11:43
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign 

Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Torien has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaya Eins View Post
Hi all, just joined this forum but have been lurking for quite a while.
I'm generally interested in history but especially the WW II period.
Have been playing a lot of strategy games, HOI 1-3, TOAW, PG etc.

Regards
Welcome to Armchair General! Thanks for coming out of the lurking shadows.

Now get busy posting!
Old 17 Jul 14, 13:21
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada

ole timer is on the path to success [1-99] ole timer is on the path to success [1-99] ole timer is on the path to success [1-99]
hello just browsing the net and came across this site...thus far looks pretty fine to this ole geezer....lots of great topics in here.
Old 24 Jul 14, 08:57
General of the Forums
United_States
SPQR Campaign 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole timer View Post
hello just browsing the net and came across this site...thus far looks pretty fine to this ole geezer....lots of great topics in here.
Welcome aboard, Ole Timer. Glad to see you have made yourself at home.
Old 23 Sep 14, 21:45
Recruit
United_States

crusaderdriver is a balanced individual [0]
Hello,
I am a former F-8 crusader pilot and found myself here on this very interesting site. I was attempting locate the substance of a entry regarding "LTV F-8 crusader The best fighter....."
I have been invited to write a detailed recollection of a interception of a Russian TU-16 "Badger" in the Med. 1969 VF-13 CVA -38 USS Shaingri La

In fact I was looking for a pic. of F8 with a Badger for att: to my written account. This guy opened his bombay doors in close and nearly got splashed for it.
Any discussion or pics?
Old 24 Sep 14, 18:22
ACG Forums - canis administrationem
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusaderdriver View Post
Hello,
I am a former F-8 crusader pilot and found myself here on this very interesting site. I was attempting locate the substance of a entry regarding "LTV F-8 crusader The best fighter....."
I have been invited to write a detailed recollection of a interception of a Russian TU-16 "Badger" in the Med. 1969 VF-13 CVA -38 USS Shaingri La

In fact I was looking for a pic. of F8 with a Badger for att: to my written account. This guy opened his bombay doors in close and nearly got splashed for it.
Any discussion or pics?
Check in here, http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...play.php?f=370 for starters.

Welcome!

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.
Old 26 Sep 14, 03:55
Private
Singapore

blaster is a balanced individual [0]
Hi All,

I had joined up several months back when I came upon this site that offered a lot of nice uniform plates. I make miniatures and this is a treasure trove. I drop by occasionally.

Rgds Victor
Old 06 Oct 14, 06:53
Private
United_States

JohntheFancy is on the path to success [1-99]
Guten tag all. I just joined a few days ago. My father showed me this site a while back and it seems pretty interesting. Looks like there are a lot of good topics on this site to discuss.
Old 22 Oct 14, 03:46
Recruit
United_States

mackyy20 is a balanced individual [0]
hello everyone...................
Old 23 Oct 14, 06:33
Recruit
UK

SturgisBoy is a balanced individual [0]
Hello everyone. I'm a Brit who has been interested in the Civil War for over 30 years - ever since I first stood on she ground at Gettysburg. I'm here to learn!
Old 29 Oct 14, 05:23
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Welcome everyone! Welcome aboard!

I'm Super Six 4; you can call me that, SS4, Andrew, just not Andy! *waits for someone to be a wiseass and call me Andy*

Hope you all enjoy your stay.

--Hávamál
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!