StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Welcomes You! > Introductions

Notices and Announcements

Introductions Welcome to our forums! Please stop by, throw out an introduction, and begin your tour of duty on the best History site on the 'net! Need help? See the Basic Training forum at the bottom of this list!

Old 09 Oct 11, 15:02
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300]
Welcome to the Armchair General forums, SwedishRanger.
Old 09 Oct 11, 18:03
Staff Sergeant
Canada

pampa168 is on the path to success [1-99] pampa168 is on the path to success [1-99]
Im Pampa168, as my nickname indicates I was born in Argentina, passed 5 years in a Argentinean Navy boarding school, and a year in the Navy School marines group. (In Argentina Marine and Navy officers goes to the same school), that was between 1981 and 1986 that means that most of my instructors and superior officers were veterans of the Falklands war. But in the end of the 80s the political situation has become really different, and I decided to quit my military career. I lived until 2004 in Argentina when I emigrate to Canada.
Anyway I suppose that military history and computer historical games are in my blood. I'm also a big fan of military science fiction.
Love the site, there is people here that really knows this stuff, I'm honored to share the place with them.
Old 09 Oct 11, 18:10
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Hello SwedishRanger and welcome to the forums...

Old 09 Oct 11, 18:10
General
United_States

Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampa168 View Post
Im Pampa168, as my nickname indicates I was born in Argentina, passed 5 years in a Argentinean Navy boarding school, and a year in the Navy School marines group. (In Argentina Marine and Navy officers goes to the same school), that was between 1981 and 1986 that means that most of my instructors and superior officers were veterans of the Falklands war. But in the end of the 80s the political situation has become really different, and I decided to quit my military career. I lived until 2004 in Argentina when I emigrate to Canada.
Anyway I suppose that military history and computer historical games are in my blood. I'm also a big fan of military science fiction.
Love the site, there is people here that really knows this stuff, I'm honored to share the place with them.
Hello pampa and welcome to ACG forums...

Old 09 Oct 11, 18:33
Private
UK

Col of the 32nd is on the path to success [1-99]
Hello Gent's new member here. Glad to be a member and all that. Nice site you have here. should be very interesting reading.
Old 09 Oct 11, 18:34
General
United_States

Hello Col. of the 32nd and welcome to the forums...

Old 09 Oct 11, 20:31
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishRanger View Post
swedishRanger Raporting fore duty
Welcome to ACG, mate.

Enjoy!

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Old 09 Oct 11, 20:34
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col of the 32nd View Post
Hello Gent's new member here. Glad to be a member and all that. Nice site you have here. should be very interesting reading.
Welcome to ACG mate, looking forward to seeing you around.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Old 09 Oct 11, 23:57
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99] Brummbar33 is on the path to success [1-99]
Smile Welcome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Maes View Post
Roland Maes answers:
There is no question that, seeing how things evolve on this planet, one may despair of humanity at large and of the USA more specifically.
I disagree with this image of doom. Even if the US army has abundantly used torture throughout its existence, as did all other armies of the world, the US army is not similar to the other armies, except perhaps the British one. They both are an emanation of the country and these countries are not similar to other countries in the world.
I stumbled on this site in search of a possibility of advertisement for a work that is now achieved, namely an overview of evolution from the Big Bang to September eleven. The scope od "the Achievements and the days" is of course not restricted to a history of succeeding battlefields, even if I indulged in the description of the Battle of the Golden Spurs, but this global history may interest you. The USA and Great Britain are different from other countries, which reflects in the behavior of their armies, and the USA is the sole contemporary defender of Civilization: Washington is the sole capital of the Free Man.
I may add, for the unbelievers, that Europe and the USA, after the storms of steel and fire they underwent and still themselves distribute today, have improved internally, provided the recent terrorist aggressions do no be an excuse for our rulers to implement a severe restriction of our liberties: while I worked at St Jude in Memphis, people looked down at me ("his behavior is a scandal", heard I say) because I was befriended with a negro assistent and a negro doctor (I saw no reason why not, because both were as civilized as my white colleagues) , and look how things are now!
Granted, the insatiability and greed of our elites casts a shadow on this optimism, but some effort was made in the USA to curb their gluttony and look how other countries have fared in the mean time and see the differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNorth View Post
Salutations everyone

I am impressed with the site! I hope to be accepted as a part of this amazing community. Thank you for putting forward the effort to create such an extensive and informative place for those of us with an interest in history. You have my gratitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaterDoc View Post
Well, let's see if this is a good fit! I still have a lot of looking around to do. But, I noticed there's some Navy in here! Now, if it was called the armchair admiral.......OK I get it!
I am a Navy vet that at this late stage of my life have gone back in...in a way...that is! I am a member of the veteran crew on a WW2 museum ship here in NY. I am in the process of restoring sick bay. I have also joined an effort to create a museum for the old Naval Training Center in San Diego using the old USS Recruit! I noticed there were some in here that were curious about her status!
Anyway, glad to be aboard...so long as permission is granted that is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishRanger View Post
swedishRanger Raporting fore duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col of the 32nd View Post

To the ACG forums!
Old 10 Oct 11, 08:09
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300]
Welcome to the Armchair General forums Pampa168 and Col of the 32nd.
Sponsored Links

Old 10 Oct 11, 16:21
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Hey new guys!

--Hávamál
Old 11 Oct 11, 07:45
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Brains View Post
We need to have Avalon con cajole coerce you know, outright lie to some of her girl friends and have her bring some more ladies to our forum

Hey, tell them the place is crawling with nice gentlemen

Come on, I know whe have at least 3 ladies in here, but 3 is not really enough.

Right guys?
Now - This IS a Revelation

I really Enjoyed a lot of your Posts - Les Brains -
And then you showed-up as Banned - I was rather peeved.

You even got some Mentions in the "Where Is .... ! Thread.

I am so VERY PLEASED that you have reappeared.

Sort of On Topic, or In Reply - I think it WOULD be really good if we had more Ladies on this Site.
I have over 2,500 FB Friends - and 97% of them are Ladies -
Ladies are Fun, Interesting, Mostly well-behaved and well-mannered -
some of them tell outrageous Jokes and Stories, most of them are without any malice, and lots of Ladies are cat-lovers.

I am MALE by the Way, in a permament relationship with a dear Lady, and have two darling Cats.
Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation
Old 19 Oct 11, 00:01
General of the Forums
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
ACG Football Manager of the Season ACG Football Manager of the Season 

Galland is simply cracking [600]
Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600]
hello and welcome to all our new members, heres hoping you have a long and fruitful stay with us here....
Old 19 Oct 11, 05:33
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400]
Welcome aboard, new persons!

-Matt

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!
Old 20 Oct 11, 11:41
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Sorry to have been away so long

WELCOME Slater Doc - to the ACG Forums.

WELCOME SwedishRanger - to the ACG Forums.

WELCOME Col of the 32nd - to the ACG Forums.

You should all three find it a lot of Fun here - people are sensible ( mostly ), cvilised ( usually ) and pretty well-mannered ( nearly always ).

MOST people here are not here to cause Arguments, make trouble or Insult others. Most of them have the sense and decency to not cast opinions on things they do not understand.

There IS a lot of argument in the Political Sections - which is why I stay well clear of that.

Some of us have made a lifelong Study of Military AND NAVAL matters - whilst other are still learning - still, there is always more new stuff to learn.

I have just Moved Home - some 200 Miles in one day, to end up some few miles from my Birthplace - the marvellous and Historical Town of Portsmouth, Hampshire, England ( called "Pompey" by us 'Natives' ).

Moving Home is the single most stressful, most exhausting, and almost frightening experience I have had in my life.
And now we have all the nightmare of trying to fit all of our stuff ( mostly my stuff ) into a smaller space.
Plus loads of fixing, repairing and replacing things which have been "bodged" ( very badly made ) around here.

Also - ACG is the preferred host Site to a large number of Games - Role Playing Games and others - which of course are "Play By Post" Games. Many different kinds, lots of different subjects - Military, War, Historical, "What If" and other types - these can be Fun.

Best Wishes - from Kris
Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!