StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Welcomes You! > Introductions

Notices and Announcements

Introductions Welcome to our forums! Please stop by, throw out an introduction, and begin your tour of duty on the best History site on the 'net! Need help? See the Basic Training forum at the bottom of this list!

Old 14 Apr 05, 13:46
Supreme Ruler of the Universe
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Model Forum Group Build 

Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800]
Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodad
Thanks. I just enlisted...er, uh signed up a couple of days ago. Stumbled across the Armchair General magazine and it sent me here.

I'm a photographer by trade and have been a student of history since I was just five or so. We love to travel as a famiy, but my son and I always have to schedule something for my wife and daughter to do while we are walking battlefields.

As a private pilot, I'm also quite interested in aviation topics. Hey, I live three miles from where the Wright's first flew. Can't help it.
Hiya Doodad! What a great name!

Dr. S.
Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk
Old 14 Apr 05, 15:54
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Avalon is on the path to success [1-99] Avalon is on the path to success [1-99] Avalon is on the path to success [1-99] Avalon is on the path to success [1-99] Avalon is on the path to success [1-99] Avalon is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Thanks. I just enlisted...er, uh signed up a couple of days ago. Stumbled across the Armchair General magazine and it sent me here.

I'm a photographer by trade and have been a student of history since I was just five or so. We love to travel as a famiy, but my son and I always have to schedule something for my wife and daughter to do while we are walking battlefields.

As a private pilot, I'm also quite interested in aviation topics. Hey, I live three miles from where the Wright's first flew. Can't help it.
Welcome Doodad (Jim) - Great to have you here ! You have a lot of great interests. I love aviation too as my dad's a pilot and we grew up flying (had our own little airstrip on our farm too). Yeah, we want to see lots of posts and lots of your photos !
Old 14 Apr 05, 16:02
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia

Avalon is on the path to success [1-99] Avalon is on the path to success [1-99] Avalon is on the path to success [1-99] Avalon is on the path to success [1-99] Avalon is on the path to success [1-99] Avalon is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries
We need to have Avalon con cajole coerce you know, outright lie to some of her girl friends and have her bring some more ladies to our forum

Hey, tell them the place is crawling with nice gentlemen

Come on, I know whe have at least 3 ladies in here, but 3 is not really enough.

Right guys?
How many not-so-sane women do you think I know Hmmm, might have shot myself in the foot right there

Personally I always liked Clinger in Mash.. so go on Aries.. give it a go.. come on.. Our foreign minister looked pretty good in fish net stockings so maybe you could give that a try

(Well I like a man in a kilt as it happens )
Old 14 Apr 05, 16:03
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build 

Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Somebody mentioned fishnet stockings??
Old 14 Apr 05, 16:05
Lieutenant General
United_States

Secret Agent is on the path to success [1-99] Secret Agent is on the path to success [1-99]
No! Once you get <insert name of certain forum members> started, it takes hours to get them to stop!!
Sponsored Links

Old 14 Apr 05, 16:10
Brigadier General
United_States

Jon@lbc is on the path to success [1-99] Jon@lbc is on the path to success [1-99]
Hi welcome to the forums
I've been interested in military history since I was about 5 (when I learned to read) and got into wargaming a few months ago (I;m 12)
Old 14 Apr 05, 16:14
Brigadier General
Ireland

Wolfe Tone has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wolfe Tone has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wolfe Tone has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wolfe Tone has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wolfe Tone has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wolfe Tone has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wolfe Tone has demonstrated strength of character [100] Wolfe Tone has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Hi Folks ...welcome to a great site!
Old 14 Apr 05, 18:37
Lance Corporal
United_States

doodad is a balanced individual [0]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfred
Welcome doo from a fellow Carolinian . We will expect
many great battlefield photos posted by you .

Thanks, I'd be delighted. Is there a particular forum area for posting battlefield pics?

Here's from last trip up to Gettysburg, near The Angle on Cemetery Ridge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gett.001small2.jpg (59.3 KB, 30 views)
Old 14 Apr 05, 18:44
Supreme Ruler of the Universe
Sinc
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Model Forum Group Build 

Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800]
Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800] Doctor Sinister gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Thanks, I'd be delighted. Is there a particular forum area for posting battlefield pics?

Here's from last trip up to Gettysburg, near The Angle on Cemetery Ridge.
Yeah, head on over to the Battlefields and Museums Forum - it's in the Armchair General section.

Dr. S.
Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk
Old 14 Apr 05, 19:59
ACG Forums - Guardiano di Roma
Pirate
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 
SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Welcome, doodad!

Banana, Shmanana...

ACG History Today

BoRG
Old 20 Apr 05, 15:55
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia

If you've just joined up.. Welcome Welcome .. and come and say Hi
Old 21 Apr 05, 13:33
Corporal
United_States

FireCap20 is on the path to success [1-99]
Hi I am new. quick question how did you guys get all the diffrent ranks and pics by your name? Dose it have something to do with the amount of threads or posts you have.
Old 21 Apr 05, 13:37
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Welcome Aboard Doodad and FireCap20!
Old 21 Apr 05, 13:38
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build 

Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCap20
Hi I am new. quick question how did you guys get all the diffrent ranks and pics by your name? Dose it have something to do with the amount of threads or posts you have.
Everybody can have an avatar, go to your user CP, then chose edit avatar to pick one from the large collection available or upload one of your own. As for rank, it is determined by post count yes (except the messages you post in the off-topic forum, which aren't taken into account)
Old 21 Apr 05, 13:38
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pirateship1982 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCap20
Hello!

You get rank by number of posts in certain threads (not this one, though ) and if you go into your User CP you can pick an avatar or import one from your computer. Imported ones may need resizing, though.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!