StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 06 Oct 17, 11:11
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700]
dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Indeed the gunman may even have selected the concert as a target for that very reason. He could get a lot more shots in before people started looking for cover.
Wonder if it was just a concert he wanted or if it was certain kinds of people/music?

A Life gathering type/Lalapalooza type/Country music... maybe he just hated everybody.
Old 06 Oct 17, 11:14
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
The problem is that about 30% of the population has some form of mental illness from severe to mild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
But, but, but... 'IF' you have a mental health issue that has been diagnosed (known), how does it invade your privacy that more people (firearms dealers) 'know'? This privacy stuff is weird.
No lie.

~
"Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 06 Oct 17, 11:17
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101combatvet View Post
Hard to predict how the sound will travel, but the shots can apparently be heard while the concert was going on. You can listen to comments like I thought those were firecrackers. The video I was referring to was well after it was established there was a gunman firing, in one video a group is milling around while there is mayhem in the background.
Depends on where in the crowd the recording was made and also the human ear/mind will not pick up sound in the same way as a phone mike. In a noisy situation the brain filters out some sounds to enable you to focus on what you want to hear (like the singer and the band). The mike picks up everything
Old 06 Oct 17, 12:13
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
I'm familiar with that, I've taken a few sound engineering courses. Watch the videos, and you will hear the comments that people are making, they correspond to the gunshot sounds.

Depends on the type of microphone, but yes, what the human ear hears and what a mic picks up is not the same. I'm referring to the comments made in those videos and the sounds that the people on the ground can hear it's pretty cut and dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Depends on where in the crowd the recording was made and also the human ear/mind will not pick up sound in the same way as a phone mike. In a noisy situation the brain filters out some sounds to enable you to focus on what you want to hear (like the singer and the band). The mike picks up everything
No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 06 Oct 17, 20:38
Brigadier General
United_States

Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
I'm familiar with that, I've taken a few sound engineering courses. Watch the videos, and you will hear the comments that people are making, they correspond to the gunshot sounds.

Depends on the type of microphone, but yes, what the human ear hears and what a mic picks up is not the same. I'm referring to the comments made in those videos and the sounds that the people on the ground can hear it's pretty cut and dry.
MarkV's post# 438 is exactly what I mean--they are ''filtering out'' sounds...they may be talking to their friends/listening to the concert/eating something/etc...their mind is concentrated on something other than rifle fire--which is the last thing on most of their minds ...
...they eventually will comprehend the shots--but only after some time, and after they see many people frightened--which I mentioned takes time
..many people have not heard rifle shots at 300 yards--they have no idea what it sounds like...If I remember correctly, I thought it sounded like a ''''snap'' sound at 300 yards in the target area....but I don't remember the sound of the rifles at 300 yards
.we were in the butts pulling targets....some talking going on..but we were below the level of the shooters

Last edited by Moulin; 06 Oct 17 at 20:50..
Sponsored Links

Old 06 Oct 17, 20:51
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
At 500-600yds, it's a "crack/snap" than a dull "boom" right after since you hear the sonic crack before the muzzle gas due to the bullet going faster than the speed of sound.
Old 06 Oct 17, 21:40
General of the Forums
United_States

Well, America better wake the **** up. Thanks to the Democrats this country has officially become a warzone, learn from it or die. And there will be more of this.

Watch the homebrew videos and listen to what people are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
MarkV's post# 438 is exactly what I mean--they are ''filtering out'' sounds...they may be talking to their friends/listening to the concert/eating something/etc...their mind is concentrated on something other than rifle fire--which is the last thing on most of their minds ...
...they eventually will comprehend the shots--but only after some time, and after they see many people frightened--which I mentioned takes time
..many people have not heard rifle shots at 300 yards--they have no idea what it sounds like...If I remember correctly, I thought it sounded like a ''''snap'' sound at 300 yards in the target area....but I don't remember the sound of the rifles at 300 yards
.we were in the butts pulling targets....some talking going on..but we were below the level of the shooters
No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 06 Oct 17, 21:54
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Well, America better wake the **** up. Thanks to the Democrats this country has officially become a warzone, learn from it or die. And there will be more of this.

Gee I don't see that. Don't hear the crump of explosives either. But I live in rural location...

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 06 Oct 17, 22:48
General of the Forums
United_States

Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

Ah, it's the Democrats fault..... Wake up!!!!!!
Of cabbages—and kings—
And why the sea is boiling hot—
And whether pigs have wings.”
― Lewis Carroll
Old 06 Oct 17, 23:12
Major
United_States

Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Maybe this is far fetched but since he was a whack job whose feelings would it hurt. Didn't Oswald shoot Kennedy from the 4th story also? Wonder if that played some small role in his horror show?
Old 06 Oct 17, 23:26
Captain
United_States

phil74501 has demonstrated strength of character [100] phil74501 has demonstrated strength of character [100] phil74501 has demonstrated strength of character [100] phil74501 has demonstrated strength of character [100] phil74501 has demonstrated strength of character [100] phil74501 has demonstrated strength of character [100] phil74501 has demonstrated strength of character [100] phil74501 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
But, but, but... 'IF' you have a mental health issue that has been diagnosed (known), how does it invade your privacy that more people (firearms dealers) 'know'? This privacy stuff is weird.
How does it not violate your privacy rights? Your mental health records are no different than your other health/medical records. In order for firearms dealers to conduct a background check of your mental health records, would require the FBI to create a national data base of mental health records. That data base would have to include every single person residing in the US...since we don't know who might decide to purchase a firearm at some point in the future. Accessing those health records, to create that data base, would be a violation of every person in this countries privacy rights.
Old 06 Oct 17, 23:56
General of the Forums
United_States

Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikeye View Post
Maybe this is far fetched but since he was a whack job whose feelings would it hurt. Didn't Oswald shoot Kennedy from the 4th story also? Wonder if that played some small role in his horror show?
I'm... He was on the 32nd floor????
Of cabbages—and kings—
― Lewis Carroll
Old 06 Oct 17, 23:57
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Really?
Of cabbages—and kings—
― Lewis Carroll
Old 07 Oct 17, 00:22
Major
United_States

Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100] Mystikeye has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
I'm... He was on the 32nd floor????
---------
Oh ok, I thought someone said 4th floor. I haven't been watching or reading much about it.
Old 07 Oct 17, 02:57
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikeye View Post
---------
Oh ok, I thought someone said 4th floor. I haven't been watching or reading much about it.
Which marks you as smarter than most of us.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!