StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 28 Sep 17, 13:08
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns624 View Post
Isn't his hair kinda shaggy?
Just kind of...

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 28 Sep 17, 13:10
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300]
I want this guy on my team.

His misplaced sarcasm needs to be reined in, but it is an strong indication that he can think outside the box...An important factor to survive today's battlefield and still complete the mission.

If someone thinks that he believes in the communist ideology after four years at West Point, I would suggest that the issue then is not the young man but what is being taught at the military institute.

Oh! Don't get me wrong. Appropriate disciplinary actions would be taken and I would make darn sure he understood that psychopath Dr Che Guereva was no hero to democracy.

And before someone post that I can have him, if I want him...If I could, I definitely would... And my team would be stronger for it.
Old 28 Sep 17, 13:14
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AFB View Post

His misplaced sarcasm needs to be reined in, but it is an strong indication that he can think outside the box...An important factor to survive today's battlefield and still complete the mission.

If someone thinks that he believes in the communist ideology after four years at West Point, I would suggest that the issue then is not the young man but what is being taught at the military institute.

Oh! Don't get me wrong. Appropriate disciplinary actions would be taken and I would make darn sure he understood that psychopath Dr Che Guereva was no hero to democracy.

And before someone post that I can have him, if I want him...If I could, I definitely would... And my team would be stronger for it.
Interesting perspective, you have me rethinking on this.
Old 28 Sep 17, 13:55
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AFB View Post

Really? I'd think a guy like this would frag you as soon as your back was turned.
Old 28 Sep 17, 13:55
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
I think its ok, even if he had a third reich t shirt that would be fine.. I may not agree with these views but what counts to me is not the guys hobbies but if he puts the US flag first. Now during Vietnam and going back to WW1 even the CSA flag was visible on the battlefield and in US parades. Now that said the rules are the rules and so if the communist lover is kicked out of the USMC thats just how it is. I am merely providing my opinion on the matter, I say a US military member can at least on off duty wear w/e type of clothing he wants to.
First, you cannot make political statements or participate in political activity while in uniform. If you make statements or join groups that are seditious towards the US or in violation of your oath and the constitution such as being an overt racist, advocate overthrow of the government, or anything like that either by symbol or word, you are subject to being charged under the UCMJ, or being discharged from the service under other than honorable terms.

Those rules would go for the lowest E-1 all the way up to 5 star generals.

And, no, an off duty US military member still has to present a reasonably proper appearance off duty.
Sponsored Links

Old 28 Sep 17, 14:18
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose50 View Post
Really? I'd think a guy like this would frag you as soon as your back was turned.
And I disagree with your assessment.
Old 28 Sep 17, 15:37
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
I don't think that you understand the responsibilities inherent in accepting an officer's commission in the United States military.
The man is supporting a Communist Symbol, its similar to how some military folks have worn CSA symbols. What I saw in the pics posted by the op was a guy showing his Communist T shirt in the celebrations and it appears from the pic that either other people present at the celebration did not see the shirt or they did see it and did not mind the shirt.
Join the Templars-http://www.knightstemplarorder.org/
Old 28 Sep 17, 15:55
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Yet, the shadow of the Confederacy and its efforts to preserve slavery is not limited to the southern United States. From Seattle to Pennsylvania, the embodiment of white supremacy and racial violence against black people can be found just around the corner. But in this piece, I would like to focus on a specific place that preserves the Confederate legacy not often-discussed: my alma mater, the United States Military Academy. In every corner of West Point, New York, one can readily discover white supremacist iconography and visual rhetoric. There are some that stand out more than others. As we shall see, these sordid displays of the worst aspects of American history reify a profoundly racist culture that has existed since the inception of this country. In military parlance, my task here is to raise consciousness through the identification of these various memorials, tributes, and pieces of art; my purpose, however, is for these vile displays of racial oppression to be cast into the dustbin of history once and for all.
https://medium.com/@punkproletarian/...t-9588d3325718

I don't agree with his position on communism, when I first saw the pictures I thought it was tongue in cheek, but I suppose he's serious. However, he is right that white supremacy is still a huge part of American culture. It was adapted for modern times, but never went away.

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.
Old 28 Sep 17, 17:16
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
OTH, he will probably make a good JAG officer.
Old 28 Sep 17, 17:30
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactiKill J. View Post
https://medium.com/@punkproletarian/...t-9588d3325718

I don't agree with his position on communism, when I first saw the pictures I thought it was tongue in cheek, but I suppose he's serious. However, he is right that white supremacy is still a huge part of American culture. It was adapted for modern times, but never went away.
If you think White Supremacy will just go away, you don't know much about psychology. I have always believed that there are superior achievers in every race and a large majority of average achievers. All we can do as Americans is offer a chance to all people to do better for themselves.

My family had four children. Of these four my brother has done the best. I have done okay. I chose my path so I don't complain. My older sister is a housewife and has refused to go to work over the years. Their well being is based on my brother in law's over achievement. None of her children have done much. My younger sister got into the drug culture and never left. She did not make 50. I don't see any of her three children getting far. My daughter is an over achiever, so I don't worry about her. I do worry about my younger daughter who is living with her mother in Pennsylvania.

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 28 Sep 17, 17:52
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Wake Island may have found a new CO for its US Army contingent...
Old 28 Sep 17, 18:02
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
My "rethink" suggests the same.

He isn't so much an "out of the box" thinker as a not going to be "a team player" sort of system/COC bucker.

Ironically, upon reflection, he also looks to be the sort whom if he doesn't lead his platoon into extinction, he himself might get "fragged" along the way. Looking like another waste of taxpayer funds here.
Old 28 Sep 17, 18:05
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
If you think White Supremacy will just go away, you don't know much about psychology. I have always believed that there are superior achievers in every race and a large majority of average achievers. All we can do as Americans is offer a chance to all people to do better for themselves.

My family had four children. Of these four my brother has done the best. I have done okay. I chose my path so I don't complain. My older sister is a housewife and has refused to go to work over the years. Their well being is based on my brother in law's over achievement. None of her children have done much. My younger sister got into the drug culture and never left. She did not make 50. I don't see any of her three children getting far. My daughter is an over achiever, so I don't worry about her. I do worry about my younger daughter who is living with her mother in Pennsylvania.

Pruitt
Good underscore on personal accountability, and use of options~opportunities. Somewhat similar to my family (of four siblings) and my wife's as well.

How well one does with what they have and are offerred are the real gauges.
Old 28 Sep 17, 18:21
General of the Forums
United_States

johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G David Bock View Post
Good underscore on personal accountability, and use of options~opportunities. Somewhat similar to my family (of four siblings) and my wife's as well.

How well one does with what they have and are offerred are the real gauges.
I've seen, at least in my family, that the current generation (ages 20-30s) is regressing from what mine (50-70s) achieved.
Old 28 Sep 17, 18:23
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post

Pruitt
Of course it won't go away, especially when hardly anyone wants to bring attention to it. So I have to applaud him for his bravery in bringing to light situations that many American's may not have been aware of. Because unfortunately when they do discuss these things, they're often vilified for it as this gentleman has been. Which means a lot of Americans don't want the culture of white supremacy to change, for obvious reasons. It takes a person of outstanding character and courage to propose that society should no longer favor them over others. Not many people are going to willingly remove their selves from such a position.

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!