StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 26 Sep 17, 09:54
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
Stop making everything about race. Do you really think it is only "white Trump supporters"?
Selective calling out...... SRV Ron.....
Old 26 Sep 17, 10:28
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
I don't think so. There are many factions of loyal Americans, not just Trump supporters, that feel that the NFL players 'taking a knee' or linking arms during the rendition of our National Anthem is disrespectful. One faction of which I am personally aware are veterans of military service. Also, there are many of us who were taught respect for our flag (and the country it stands for) at a very early age and to not show that respect in public when called for is a sign of ignorance or worse.
Old 26 Sep 17, 10:36
General of the Forums
United_States

Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose50 View Post
I don't think so. There are many factions of loyal Americans, not just Trump supporters, that feel that the NFL players 'taking a knee' or linking arms during the rendition of our National Anthem is disrespectful. One faction of which I am personally aware are veterans of military service. Also, there are many of us who were taught respect for our flag (and the country it stands for) at a very early age and to not show that respect in public when called for is a sign of ignorance or worse.
I was not talking about what anyone thinks about the kneeling/flag etc.
Old 26 Sep 17, 10:38
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
I was not talking about what anyone thinks about the kneeling/flag etc.
Sorry - sometimes it's hard to follow just what you're talking about...
Old 26 Sep 17, 10:43
General of the Forums
United_States

Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
President brought this about.
Selectively calling out.....had Kaepernick not started this last year, the President wouldn't have said anything.
Old 26 Sep 17, 11:13
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
If the don't like it bring back the Nergo Leagues and they can play there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV Ron View Post
Those spoiled rotten million dollar plus Black players are complaining about racism with the Bend The Knee protest.
No lie.

~
"Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 26 Sep 17, 11:16
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
BINGO!!!!! Thanks for clarifying our age-old problem.

Quote:
Got it, it's the Blacks.....
No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 26 Sep 17, 11:24
General of the Forums
United_States

I can't believe people are even into anything they can't play, ****ing children. I knew a guy that weighed in at 300 pounds and had a baseball card made of himself. Season tickets, wore the jersey, sports memorabilia collector, dude, get a life. A grown man with retardation that supports fake sports, hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
Maybe it is!

I have stopped watching NFL games as they are nothing but showplaces for a bunch of prima donnas who make more in a year than most of us make in our lifetimes.

I ask you to think: When did the advent of "thuggery" start in the NFL? How many guys were picked up for spouse abuse and worse....(I won't go into the litany of offences.) ... and it gets worse every year.

Now the thuggery has even gotten to the level of college football.

I have tried all my life to remain free from bigotry, racism and all the "horrible" little things that make us "evil" and unworthy of social comment. I have failed. Over a half century of effort and I have failed.

Those blacks that could, did. All we are left with are those who "did not" and gripe about it.

I could be wrong. Won't be the first time, but imagine if not only myself but many others have come to the same conclusion. Maybe it's just that some of us are just a little tired of all the whining.

In the immortal words of a store manager my wife once worked for: "I can't be racist, I'm black!" (....and was later fired for theft!)

IT AIN'T ME! (If not, then whom?)

GG
No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 26 Sep 17, 11:41
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
Selectively calling out.....had Kaepernick not started this last year, the President wouldn't have said anything.
Quite untrue. Simple examination of the time line shows that.
Old 26 Sep 17, 11:48
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
I wonder how many of those Black protestors realize the historical symbolism of bending the knee?

All throughout history, bending the knee has been a sign of submission to the master, usually to some leader, the king, or a slave owner, the majority of them throughout history and today in many of the North African and Middle East countries also being Black.

Old 26 Sep 17, 11:53
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV Ron View Post
I wonder how many of those Black protestors realize the historical symbolism of bending the knee?

All throughout history, bending the knee has been a sign of submission to the master, usually to some leader, the king, or a slave owner, the majority of them throughout history and today in many of the North African and Middle East countries also being Black.
What about the non-black players that kneel? Do they have to understand that also?
Old 26 Sep 17, 11:57
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
So before his AL speech and his tweet storm this was a raging issue? Nope. A couple dozen players.... now, smoke screen issue for President Trump to distract his base from the failure to produce what he campaigned on.
If iit wasn't Trump, it would have been the next incident where a black criminal plying his trade gets shot "in the line of duty" by a cop. The problem of the concept of right and wrong being twisted existed before Trump, and is going strong now. This is Obama's legacy.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!
Old 26 Sep 17, 12:31
General of the Forums
United_States

Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Quite untrue. Simple examination of the time line shows that.
Only untrue if you are selectively calling out, which you are.

The timeline began when Kaepernick began sitting on the bench and eventually he began to kneel.
Old 26 Sep 17, 12:36
General of the Forums
United_States

Yup, the country got very stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer86g View Post
If iit wasn't Trump, it would have been the next incident where a black criminal plying his trade gets shot "in the line of duty" by a cop. The problem of the concept of right and wrong being twisted existed before Trump, and is going strong now. This is Obama's legacy.
No lie.

~
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 26 Sep 17, 13:00
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
Maybe it is!

Hence the protests. If you and millions of others like you didn't exists there would never have been any need to protest in the first place.

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Last edited by TactiKill J.; 26 Sep 17 at 13:06..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!