StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 01 Oct 17, 16:07
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Before your soapbox collapses under the sheer weight of BS, how many families of color want their son/daughter to marry a white person? (Not including spouse-abusing black athletes and other black celebrities)

A lot of black people are far more prejudiced and racist than any whites I have ever met.
56% of blacks are in favor of a close relative marrying someone white. Only 26% of whites are in favor of a close relative marrying someone of color.

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.
Old 01 Oct 17, 16:54
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactiKill J. View Post
56% of blacks are in favor of a close relative marrying someone white. Only 26% of whites are in favor of a close relative marrying someone of color.
Source?
Old 01 Oct 17, 17:29
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Source?
He'll provide sources when you do. I have plenty of time to wait...
Old 01 Oct 17, 23:17
Colonel
United_States

American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
The number actually closely parallels the amount of whites (conservative and liberal) who did not like MLK. We can safely assume that those who would be against MLK and his message hold some sort of negative racial bias. We also have to understand that the human mind does not evolve much over such a short period.

This is also reinforced by the fact that a significant percentage still do not adhere to the message taught by MLK. In this case, specifically those on the right will argue that it's ok or natural to generalize blacks because they commit x% of crime. Putting them in direct opposition with MLK.

The number also closely parallels the amount of whites who do not want their close family member dating someone of color.

The number also closely parallels the amount of whites who hold a negative opinion of blacks.

Also, every time I ask a republican if blacks are their equal the answer is always no, or no response. We've seen that on this very forum multiple times now.

So yes, my estimate is accurate and based on other data we have and is not an attempt to be partisan/pro-left.
What? Show us a legitimate statistic of how many whites in this country think they are genetically superior to blacks, which is your definition of racism.

Show us a statistic of how many whites identify as racist.

Show us anything. Like, for example, how many whites would meet someone from Kenya and conclude, "yeah, he's black, he's inferior."

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"
Old 01 Oct 17, 23:19
Colonel
United_States

American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99] American87 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
So what? I know Italians who want their children marrying other Italians. My Polish grandmother would like me to marry a Polish girl. It doesn't mean they dislike people from other backgrounds, and it certainly doesn't mean they won't love whoever I marry.

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"
Sponsored Links

Old 02 Oct 17, 11:31
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Cool ...diff'r'nt strokes f'r diff'r'nt folks...and so on and...

Wow...I go away for a few days and these threads get tangents that have traveled to another universe...
Old 05 Oct 17, 16:00
Lieutenant General
United_States

TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200] TactiKill J. is walking in the light [200]
Quote:

When somebody making $22 million a year is "oppressed", the rest of America demands to "oppressed" as well.
They never said they were oppressed. Racism doesn't begin and end with oppression. I think for a lot of these athletes they're just simply tired of accepting racism.

Quote:
“Being called [the N-word] several times to the point where an NFL employee had to step to me and stand by me the whole game from the 2nd quarter on is the exact reason why guys are kneeling during anthem,” Pryor wrote in an Instagram Story post. “I choose not to kneel because as a team we decided to be the one and stand …
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...005-story.html

Old 05 Oct 17, 16:37
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose50 View Post
Wow...I go away for a few days and these threads get tangents that have traveled to another universe...
When that happens, and keeps happening, my rule is simple -

Do not engage.

It works as well as my other old favorite; Stay away from Crowds.
Old 05 Oct 17, 16:54
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns624 View Post
He'll provide sources when you do. I have plenty of time to wait...
So no source...

Hmm...somehow I don't believe that at all. Especially the part about marrying a white oppressor. What we see out in the real world is far more black males married to white females than white males married to black females. Think Kardashians, black athletes and the like.

Source? The streets and businesses of Colorado, i.e., the real world around us.
Old 05 Oct 17, 17:12
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
So no source...

Hmm...somehow I don't believe that at all. Especially the part about marrying a white oppressor. What we see out in the real world is far more black males married to white females than white males married to black females. Think Kardashians, black athletes and the like.

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/...21934714541840

Old 05 Oct 17, 19:12
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
They never said they were oppressed. Racism doesn't begin and end with oppression. I think for a lot of these athletes they're just simply tired of accepting racism.
Seriously? "Racism" is now defined as being paid $22 million by a white team owner?

I don't think so.

Old 05 Oct 17, 19:16
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
So no source...

I was talking about your source for the number of illegal immigrants which you said the government said it many times but you couldn't provide any source other than a BP union website.
Old 07 Oct 17, 21:28
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Persephone has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by American87 View Post
What? Show us a legitimate statistic of how many whites in this country think they are genetically superior to blacks, which is your definition of racism.

Show us a statistic of how many whites identify as racist.

Show us anything. Like, for example, how many whites would meet someone from Kenya and conclude, "yeah, he's black, he's inferior."

Blacks are never called out for their racism. Why is that?

Here is a very recent example…a Chinese guy decided to sport dreads and was promptly put in his place by a Negro.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

"The Frost is strong in that Snowflake" ~ Reimnitz

Last edited by Persephone; 07 Oct 17 at 21:37..
Old 07 Oct 17, 22:34
General of the Forums
United_States
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Good thing they have athletic skills because they'd never get hired at any job that requires literacy...
Old 08 Oct 17, 02:29
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
Blacks are never called out for their racism. Why is that?

Here is a very recent example…a Chinese guy decided to sport dreads and was promptly put in his place by a Negro.

For every one Kenyon Martin there's 100 TAG's could be one reason. But fair point by Lin, imo there's no such thing as cultural appropriation.

Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!