StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Europe

Notices and Announcements

Europe Issues of modern Europe.

Old 25 Sep 17, 14:22
Lieutenant General
UK

Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200]
UKIP Leadership Contest

Result due Friday. Normally this would be a non-event, with Brexit mobilised, however one of the candidates is standing on an overtly anti-Islam ticket and the bookies now have her the favourite to win.

Should UKIP members take this step, my guess is the party would attract between 5-15% of the vote, a similar range that AFD tracked in Germany, rising and falling with the number of atrocities committed by jihadis in Europe. Even 15% is not nearly enough to win power, but I expect they will draw votes from the Tory party, which in turn would increase the chances of a Corbyn Labour victory, or else force the Tories to step further right and adopt UKIP policy, as they did over Brexit.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...xt-ukip-leader

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 25 Sep 17, 14:24
General of the Forums
Scotland
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700]
the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700]
This is why there's an independence movement in Scotland.
Old 25 Sep 17, 14:34
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
ANOTHER UKIP leadership contest! I've ceased following their erratic progress downwards. Biggest bunch of bigoted loonies and pallid fascists you could never wish to meet. They just need to find an Alf Garnet impersonator and stick with him.
Old 25 Sep 17, 14:58
Lieutenant General
UK

Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
ANOTHER UKIP leadership contest! I've ceased following their erratic progress downwards. Biggest bunch of bigoted loonies and pallid fascists you could never wish to meet. They just need to find an Alf Garnet impersonator and stick with him.
If only more people would personally house migrants and refugees rather than outsource their values to poor working class neighbourhoods, the likes of UKIP would quickly disappear.

In fact what happens in reality is that too many like to grandstand and posture about their high moral values and superior ethics with no substance to back it up. The 'delivery' of those values and ethics is for others. All things have a price .....
Old 25 Sep 17, 15:18
Colonel
UK
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I'd never voted in my life til UKIP arrived on the scene a few years ago.
I still vote for them because I like their anti-immigration stance, but since Farage stepped down as leader they've been like a disorganised leaderless mess..
Old 25 Sep 17, 15:27
Lieutenant General
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
I'd never voted in my life til UKIP arrived on the scene a few years ago.
I still vote for them because I like their anti-immigration stance, but since Farage stepped down as leader they've been like a disorganised leaderless mess..
There are no strong candidates running and Anne-Marie Waters is one of the weaker ones, a poor media performer. It scarcely matters. If they fight an election on an anti-Islam ticket, they will pick up a substantial protest vote from an electorate with no other outlet to express their frustration at decades of unchecked mass migration.
Old 25 Sep 17, 16:25
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Victory View Post
If only more people would personally house migrants and refugees rather than outsource their values to poor working class neighbourhoods, the likes of UKIP would quickly disappear.

In fact what happens in reality is that too many like to grandstand and posture about their high moral values and superior ethics with no substance to back it up. The 'delivery' of those values and ethics is for others. All things have a price .....
Gobbleddygook
Old 25 Sep 17, 17:02
Lieutenant General
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Gobbleddygook
Rather, it is a conflicted moral position, a hypocracy that some need to reflect on. It is no coincidence that such people are commonly to be found passing moral judgement on others.
Old 30 Sep 17, 08:12
Lieutenant General
UK

The winner was Henry Bolton, a former army officer. He regards Islam as 'a problem' but does not seem likely to make this a main platform of UKIP policy, as Waters would have done. He was the candidate Farage supported but a surprise choice, not one of the favourites.

With Brexit progressing, there is not an obvious need for UKIP unless it rebrands, so we shall have to see what happens.
Old 30 Sep 17, 09:13
Colonel
UK
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100]
What's Farage doing nowadays anyway? He's still youngish and he retired much too early in my opinion, you'd think he come back to take over his beloved UKIP again.
PS- when people tell me I should "stop voting for UKIP because they're never going to win", I tell them that's beside the point and that I vote UKIP purely as a matter of personal conscience, then when I look at the absolute mess the other parties are making of Britain I can sit back with a smug grin on my face thinking "That's nothing to do with me, my conscience is quite clear, and if I ever become a fool and vote for one of the big "Fool parties" you can measure me up for a straitjacket"..

"Which is the greater fool, the fool or the fool who follows him?"- Obi-Wan Kenobi
Sponsored Links

Old 05 Oct 17, 09:19
Lieutenant General
Ireland
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400]
E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Victory View Post
The winner was Henry Bolton, a former army officer.
Just as well, Anne-Marie Waters is a emigrant herself, a bloody Mick of all things!
Old 05 Oct 17, 09:29
General of the Forums
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500]
Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500] Surrey is a jewel in the rough [500]
I wonder if they will change their symbol to that of the flayed man?
Old 05 Oct 17, 10:22
Lieutenant General
Ireland
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400]
E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrey View Post
I wonder if they will change their symbol to that of the flayed man?

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!