StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > ACG Community Run Wargames

Notices and Announcements

ACG Community Run Wargames Conflict simulations run by forum members for the ACG community.

Old 20 Sep 17, 06:03
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rainbow Regiment, Ep 1: 1861

Since there's interest in doing this, I'm going to skip the drawn out interest/building thread stuff and try to get things underway quickly and efficiently. Estimated Turn 1 date is going to be around the First of October.

March, 1861, Eastern North Carolina:

After South Carolina's secession, various men of means are raising militias, in expectation of their own state's secession and need to defend itself and its rights. With hot debate in Raleigh, militias begin training all over North Carolina, planning to volunteer their services to their state......

---------------

Bookkeeping note: If you've already worked one up with me, thanks for helping me test some things, and go ahead and use what's been worked out.

Players: Number of players isn't necessarily limited, but I'd like to keep it reasonable as well, so say 8 maximum.

If you want to play, PM me with your answer to the following 2 questions, and we'll work out the details. Now that I've gotten a handle on things and am keeping them from getting out of hand on details, it should take 2 PMs max.

What are you:

A Wealthy Planter

A Businessman with Overseas Connections

A Career Soldier from the Mexican War

What militia unit are you raising:

An Infantry Company

A Cavalry Troop

An Artillery Battery

I'll leave this available for a little bit before I post up the start of the first engagement. This series plans to follow some of the obscure and smaller engagements of the war, along with cameos in major battles. I don't plan to get stuck into large multi-day affairs unless it's a finale or something. Small, quick, and able to be run without having to look at NPC units and all that other crap.

Also, if you'd like to be something different in a non-combat sense (Capt AFB, I know you have a penchant for the obscure), I'll entertain but I won't guarantee. I want to keep things to a maximum of simplicity, and this is the way to do it.

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 20 Sep 17, 06:11
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
I was refreshing the new threads page for a few days now anticipating this one

I'll be,

A wealthy planter and raise an infantry company.

I'll confirm by PM.

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Old 20 Sep 17, 08:03
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
Netherlands
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Wealthy planter who raises a cavalry troop

Will modify avatar accordingly.

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 20 Sep 17 at 08:47..
Old 20 Sep 17, 14:32
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
How about a wealthy businessman with connections in Europe, particularly London. I've imported 4 3.5" Blakely rifles (12 pdr) with shot and shell, and am having field carriages manufactured locally for these.
Old 20 Sep 17, 15:59
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Well we have two Troops of Cavalry, one Company of Infantry and one Battery of Artillery! It seems we have enough for a Legion! Legions often were mixed Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery. We had better grab Daft animals while there are some available..

Captain Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 20 Sep 17, 17:26
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post
Also, if you'd like to be something different in a non-combat sense (Capt AFB, I know you have a penchant for the obscure), I'll entertain but I won't guarantee. I want to keep things to a maximum of simplicity, and this is the way to do it.
What? Supplying troops, maintaining their equipment and providing medical care to the wounded is...Obscure???

Well, if I was a wealthy businessman who would raise a company of infantry, I would provide the troops with 1853 Enfield rifles and officers with 1958 Lefaucheux revolvers...I may even have extra cargo from my overseas enterprises to provide Lefaucheux revolvers and brand new 1861 Enfield Musketoon to my cavalry friends

...And lots and lots of ammo!
Old 20 Sep 17, 17:56
Netherlands
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AFB View Post
What? Supplying troops, maintaining their equipment and providing medical care to the wounded is...Obscure???

Well, if I was a wealthy businessman who would raise a company of infantry, I would provide the troops with 1853 Enfield rifles and officers with 1958 Lefaucheux revolvers...I may even have extra cargo from my overseas enterprises to provide Lefaucheux revolvers and brand new 1861 Enfield Musketoon to my cavalry friends

...And lots and lots of ammo!
Very generous of you André, glad to have you with us.

Now we have 2-2-1.

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old 20 Sep 17, 20:21
Lieutenant General
Australia
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
I will be a wealthy planter from the Fayetteville area, raising an infantry company.

Not just any infantry company though; the North Carolina Grenadier Guard!

In our impeccably turned out uniforms of green, black and butternut the men are armed with Sharps carbines, Bowie knives and 3" grenades.

(and lots and lots of ammo).
Old 20 Sep 17, 22:38
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Captain Pruitt has raised a 70 man Cavalry Troop. They are armed with Two Band Enfield Muskets and at least four Colt 1860 Army Revolvers a man. The Captain is a wealthy Planter with some small businesses around the plantation and has money in the bank in New York City. His brother looks after business in New York. The troop was raised near the plantation in Durham County. They have some farm employees serving in a Mule Squad that carries the ammo, cook gear and rations. One of the Muleskinners cooks.

The Plantation grows multiple crops, raises Horses and Mules. There is a training program for future Wheelwrights, Farriers, Blacksmiths and Coopers. Neighboring poor farmers are hired to spin wool and make cotton cloth.

We don't have weapons that need metallic cartridges!

Captain Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 21 Sep 17, 04:48
Netherlands

My first reaction too was to go for 'Empire building' in order to guarantee my ability to finance my troop
till the GM pointed out to me that his intent is to focus on the fighting.

Sponsored Links

Old 21 Sep 17, 05:19
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I've got the information I need for actual game purposes locked in. Everything beyond that is fluff and RP. Fun to talk about and to build a persona, but not really germane to gameplay unless your persona is going to affect your play style.
Old 21 Sep 17, 10:24
Netherlands

Sennef's Saddle Blazers

The troopers of Sennef's Saddle Blazers have started to wear red caps over their deep dark grey blue uniforms
in order to indicate that they are a cut above the ordinary cavalry.

Their Sharps carbines, revolvers and sabers are businesslike enough to not dismiss this claim right out of hand

Last edited by Colonel Sennef; 21 Sep 17 at 10:31..
Old 21 Sep 17, 13:03
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300]
As the warehouse only had dark blue uniforms to dress the company, which would simply not do in a fight against the Yankees...The wealthy business man that was Captain Bird approached some of the local seamstresses and asked for advice. They proposed to use dye produced from plants and roots to change the color of the uniform.

The only dye concoction available was for the color yellow, turning all the uniform in a hunter green color...

In so was created:

Bird's Green Jackets
Old 21 Sep 17, 13:22
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I appropriated 30 sets of pre-secession US uniforms from the Fayetteville arsenal through a business acquaintance and had them tailored with red facings. So my artillerymen wear a greyish-blue jacket with red facings and deep sky blue pants. The men were given kepis with red trim, but felt slouch hats are allowed when no on parade for the sun.
Those without shoes got a pair.
For fatigue and camp work they can wear butternut or other slop clothing.

I talked a blacksmith I've used for years, and a carpenter into joining the unit with their tools to keep the equipment in repair.

Gardner's North Carolina battery is formed.

Close to this)

Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 21 Sep 17 at 16:29..
Old 21 Sep 17, 16:43
General of the Forums
United_States
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

May 27th, 1861, Outside Washington, NC

In the heady excitement of the wave of secessions and victory at Fort Sumter, camps have sprung up as volunteers, militias, and new State troops are being raised. Boats and small vessels come up and down the Pamlico, bringing men and supplies to this bustling little river town.

As various units arrive on a meadow sitting beside one of the numerous swamps in the area, a local planter and member of the secession committee, Bryan Grimes, meets them.

"Gentlemen, the Governor has heard about your various units, and quite frankly, he didn't know what to do with them. Some are almost conventional, and some are nearly throwbacks to a bygone era. So he's ordered that they all be combined, a Regiment. Some think that you'll be a unique and capable regiment-legion. Most of us think that the governor should have just reequipped all of you properly.

Get your regiment organized. As militia, you're entitled to appoint your own Colonel, but due to requirements he will have to operate with his company as his staff, further staff cannot be afforded for non-standard militia regiments. Since your men are already equipped, you'll be moving out soon, wherever the Governor decides that your services will be required. And with that, I'm leaving, the governor has appointed me Major of the 4th."

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!