StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > First Person Shooters

Notices and Announcements

First Person Shooters For FPS games of all types and for all platforms.

Old 06 Sep 17, 16:55
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
Call of Duty: World War II

The franchise has made a 360- back to its roots.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 06 Sep 17, 16:57
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
The multiplayer BETA is outdated, historically inaccurate, and zany. The mechanics of the game is not much better than the versions in the early-mid 2000s.

Still it looks fun and I am glad to see WW2 back.
Old 06 Sep 17, 17:11
Staff Sergeant
United_States

OttoHarkaman is on the path to success [1-99] OttoHarkaman is on the path to success [1-99]
I can't wait for the standard disc addition to come out in November. I don't have a good enough internet connection to download 100+ gig game. Most of the games available for the PS4 just seem too weird. WWII is something I would enjoy.
Old 06 Sep 17, 17:32
Brigadier General
United_States

Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
will it have vehicles like tanks/jeeps/etc?? that's what it needs......the best WW2 game ever was a free mod called Forgotten Hope....it had many different tanks, jeeps, trucks, arty.....it had static arty, that you controlled while another player acted as an FO....it had mortars for the same--also mortars you could carry and redeply
..it had a Bishop SP arty you could drive and use as arty
...plus aircraft! etc
all specific to the theater
...so we need the complete package...that's what I would expect from a WW2 game
Old 06 Sep 17, 17:57
General of the Forums
United_States

^
I personally like Red Orchestra/RO2 the most

The new game has a lot of BETA multiplayer on youtube. So far, it looks very similar to the old school CODs except with modern graphics. They have tanks.

The Single player looks like its focused on Normandy, Aachen, and the battle of the Bulge.
Old 06 Sep 17, 19:12
Brigadier General
United_States

Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
I would definitely need multiplayer with drivable tanks
COD WAW had tanks, but only 1 or 2....with small maps
...I played RO Rising Storm up until a few months ago...I always played the Commander...that is good, real good
Old 06 Sep 17, 21:13
General of the Forums
United_States

I never played WoW/coh2 but the old school COD1 and its expansion, United offensive had significant tank combat inter-mixed with FPS. It was a blast.

RO: Rising storm was great as well. I think RO is the best WW2 shooter but its weakness was the lack of vehicles.
Old 07 Sep 17, 08:21
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
I never played WoW/coh2 but the old school COD1 and its expansion, United offensive had significant tank combat inter-mixed with FPS. It was a blast.

RO: Rising storm was great as well. I think RO is the best WW2 shooter but its weakness was the lack of vehicles.
yes, United Offensive was better....I remember the Battle of the Bulge map..Foy I think....and it had a flamethrower, plus 88s.....
..o, yes, WAW sometimes was ridiculous on some servers where if you got so many kills, you could call in dogs to attack.....plus everyone was able to call arty with so many points....
Old 07 Sep 17, 09:49
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
yes, United Offensive was better....I remember the Battle of the Bulge map..Foy I think....and it had a flamethrower, plus 88s.....
..o, yes, WAW sometimes was ridiculous on some servers where if you got so many kills, you could call in dogs to attack.....plus everyone was able to call arty with so many points....

wow, yeah I remember that. Foy had the 88s, Shermans, and PzIVs. It was a very good map, with a village in the center and hilly/open terrain surrounding. That and the Berlin map (with the Elephants, PzIV, T-34, SU-152) was a favorite.

Also bocage and Cassino was very popular, and a real mess

I was out of the loop with gaming once WAW came out.
Old 07 Sep 17, 10:54
Brigadier General
United_States

War Thunder is fun--but it is not a WW2 game....not realistic regarding tank formations/etc
..Brothers in Arms was great--but no MP......maps better, bigger housing/etc...more detailed scenes .....
....Arma I thought had a WW2 mod, but I could never get Arma to work well
...WW2 Forgotten Hope was based off Battlefield 2, so that had the whole package
..I played COD WAW server where you had to set explosives and only 1 spawn...that was good
Sponsored Links

Old 07 Sep 17, 23:11
General of the Forums
United_States

here are the rare weapons that appeared in the BETA

The old weapons appear to fire the same way as they did in the original CODs. I never liked the way the mounted MG-42 and PPSH fired (too slow firing for the former and too much recoil for the latter)

M1941 Johnson LMG (rarely issued, the competitor of the M1 system)
the MP-28 (issued in small numbers to SS and police units).

The MG-15 (issued to Luftwaffe Field divisions)

For multiplayer purposes they added historically inaccurate reflex sights lol
Old 14 Sep 17, 23:58
First Lieutenant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

madmike is on the path to success [1-99] madmike is on the path to success [1-99] madmike is on the path to success [1-99] madmike is on the path to success [1-99]
How do you get Call O Duty to work on Apple computer.Or any free wargames like Red Alert.
Old 15 Sep 17, 08:25
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike View Post
How do you get Call O Duty to work on Apple computer.Or any free wargames like Red Alert.
Call of Duty is pretty graphic intensive, but I use VM Fusion on my Mac, to play Windows games...(But not COD, the video card doesn't handle it, the settings have to be set to low).
Old 15 Sep 17, 12:46
First Lieutenant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

madmike is on the path to success [1-99] madmike is on the path to success [1-99] madmike is on the path to success [1-99] madmike is on the path to success [1-99]
Call of Duty

Are there any games such as sniper one or others red alert etc that are free to download and play
Old 16 Sep 17, 07:29
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99] Darth Holliday is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike View Post
Are there any games such as sniper one or others red alert etc that are free to download and play
Yes

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!