StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Europe

Notices and Announcements

Europe Issues of modern Europe.

Old 01 Sep 17, 09:04
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
I'm pretty sure I didn't start this thread... or any thread in a while. For now, my "return engagement" will be limited to slapping down any stupid posts about Hurricane Harvey...
I'm equally sure you don't read The Local either - that's why I missed ya

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Old 01 Sep 17, 09:25
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post
I'm equally sure you don't read The Local either - that's why I missed ya
I don't read Danish either... But, I am familiar with the DMI website and know how to Google a translation...

http://www.dmi.dk/nyheder/arkiv/nyhe...den-sommerdag/

Første gang i 38 år: Juli kan ende uden sommerdag.
First time in 38 years: July may end without summer day.
Old 01 Sep 17, 09:31
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
August has apparently been as bad as July...
This year, the Danish summer has been more of a case of raincoats and wellingtons rather than bikinis and buckets and spades, with temperatures under 20 degrees and plenty of heavy showers.
http://cphpost.dk/news/danish-news-i...-tourists.html
Old 01 Sep 17, 09:34
General of the Forums
Belgium

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
So what - for the first time in 41 years I may have an appelation controlé,

doesn't prove anything in regard to "global warming" does it ?

Old 01 Sep 17, 09:42
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
So what - for the first time in 41 years I may have an appelation controlé,

doesn't prove anything in regard to "global warming" does it ?
Nothing actually proves anything in regard to "global warming"... not even a cold summer in Denmark...
Quote:
A cold summer in Denmark has far more climatological significance than a hurricane in hurricane season. Although, it's also almost certainly "just weather," like Hurricane Harvey.
Quote:
A cold summer is also likely to be just weather too.

Is it OK to use "also" and "too" in the same sentence?
Sponsored Links

Old 01 Sep 17, 09:50
General of the Forums
Belgium

Quote:
Nothing actually proves anything in regard to "global warming"... not even a cold summer in Denmark...
That was the conclusion we reached here a few years ago already hence my rather comical reaction to this thread.

What I find much more fascinating though is the seemingly endless obsession by US American posters here to use anecdotal evidence from Europe to score political points in the US.

It's not cyclical either, it's constant, come hell or extreme weather

Last edited by Snowygerry; 01 Sep 17 at 09:59..
Old 01 Sep 17, 09:58
Lieutenant General
Ireland

E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400]
E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Is it OK to use "also" and "too" in the same sentence?
It is in my book.
Old 01 Sep 17, 10:01
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.D. Morel View Post
It is in my book.
Is your book gramnatically strict enough?
Old 01 Sep 17, 10:03
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
That was the conclusion we reached here a few years ago already hence my rather comical reaction to this thread.

What I find much more fascinating though is the seemingly endless obsession by US American posters here to use anecdotal evidence from Europe to score political points in the US.

It's not cyclical either, it's constant, come hell or extreme weather
That's due to the overwhelming inconvenience of the anecdotal evidence...
Old 01 Sep 17, 10:20
General of the Forums
Belgium

Europe provides inconvenient evidence aplenty - I can't deny, but surely somewhere in UH's vicinity, summer must have been somewhat more temperate than usual, he shouldn't have to reach all the way to Denmark just because the news there is easily available in English.

Ah well this thread has served it's purpose as far as I'm concerned, about time to leave for the week-end, take care

Old 01 Sep 17, 10:27
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
Europe provides inconvenient evidence aplenty - I can't deny, but surely somewhere in UH's vicinity, summer must have been somewhat more temperate than usual, he shouldn't have to reach all the way to Denmark just because the news there is easily available in English.

Ah well this thread has served it's purpose as far as I'm concerned, about time to leave for the week-end, take care
Old 01 Sep 17, 11:07
Lieutenant General
Ireland

E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400]
E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400] E.D. Morel has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Is your book gramnatically strict enough?
No, I'm dyslexic.
My kids sometimes ask me the old question, "Dad, how do you spell (insert word)".
I tell them and they say "No, that's wrong."
I point out that they asked me how I spell it, not how it should be spelled.
Old 01 Sep 17, 11:37
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
No, I'm dyslexic.
My kids sometimes ask me the old question, "Dad, how do you spell (insert word)".
So... You speak American English...
Old 01 Sep 17, 17:07
Colonel
United_States

PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200] PitchRate is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
No, I'm dyslexic.
You have the opportunity to join DAM = Mothers Against Dyslexia.
Old 02 Sep 17, 01:06
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700] Urban hermit is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:

UH has reveling in the return of The Doctor!
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!