StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Europe

Notices and Announcements

Europe Issues of modern Europe.

Old 24 Sep 17, 13:57
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800]
Big losses for the CDU and SPD who both lose 20 % of their electors : one could expect this for the CDU as Merkel ,after 12 ! years as chancellor,had lost all sense of reality : there were the last years threatening indications, but ,in her arrogance, she knew better than the electors.She should have stopped and not have going for a fourth term of office .

She should have remembered what happened to Thatcher,to Mitterrand, De Gaulle, Kohl.But history is teaching us that the lessons of the past are always ignored . The lessons of the past are that graveyards are filled with people who were convinced that the world could not last without them .

The Merkel period is over .One should have no mercy : she got what she deserved :the electors have said : WIR machen das.

And the SPD ? If she had nobody else than Schultz, she deserved the beating .
Old 24 Sep 17, 14:51
Lieutenant General
UK

Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200]
Exil polls suggest Merkel the winner but a significant breakthrough for the anti-immigration AFD who look to have come third with over 13% of the vote and will thus have a significant political presence in Germany.
Old 24 Sep 17, 15:34
Sergeant Major
Netherlands
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Rutger is on the path to success [1-99] Rutger is on the path to success [1-99] Rutger is on the path to success [1-99] Rutger is on the path to success [1-99] Rutger is on the path to success [1-99]
Nothing wrong with a good bit of stiff opposition, something to wake up the establishment and make them think a second time before making a decision. When the dust and emotions have settled, that's about all it is.

The AfD frontman Gauland recently claimed:
Quote:
“If the French are rightly proud of their emperor and the British proud of Nelson and Churchill, then we have the right to be proud of the achievements of German soldiers in two world wars,”
That's one hell of a spin to the actions of the Wehrmacht during two rather serious world events. Probably something to do with the myth of the innocent Wehrmacht.
Old 24 Sep 17, 15:52
Lieutenant General
UK

Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutger View Post
Nothing wrong with a good bit of stiff opposition, something to wake up the establishment and make them think a second time before making a decision. When the dust and emotions have settled, that's about all it is.

That's one hell of a spin to the actions of the Wehrmacht during two rather serious world events. Probably something to do with the myth of the innocent Wehrmacht.
Not my country, but if I had to choose between a leader who, potentially illegally, dumped a million+ migrants on me, tried and failed to flip them to Eastern Europe and a party trying to rebuild a sense of national pride, I know which I would choose.

I agree though, big picture is that things carry on broadly as before with a stronger effort to deport illegal immigrants and possibly a more business friendly coalition that could smooth the UKs BREXIT negotiations.
Old 24 Sep 17, 15:58
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Victory View Post
Not my country, but if I had to choose between a leader who, potentially illegally, dumped a million+ migrants on me, tried and failed to flip them to Eastern Europe and a party trying to rebuild a sense of national pride, I know which I would choose.
And some also know who you would choose too.
Sponsored Links

Old 24 Sep 17, 17:10
General of the Forums
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutger View Post

Probably he was looking for additional voters .
Old 24 Sep 17, 17:14
General of the Forums
Belgium

The good thing is that it is the end of Merkel : her expiration date was already over .
Old 24 Sep 17, 17:23
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
German election results in English

https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/deu...lkarte2017/#en

Old 24 Sep 17, 17:50
Lieutenant General
Germany

Acheron has a spectacular aura about [400]
Acheron has a spectacular aura about [400] Acheron has a spectacular aura about [400] Acheron has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Victory View Post

I agree though, big picture is that things carry on broadly as before with a stronger effort to deport illegal immigrants and possibly a more business friendly coalition that could smooth the UKs BREXIT negotiations.
FFS, does that insipid idea still hold on? Do people honestly believe, that a head of government deliberately invited a hordes of foreigners into the country, rubbing her hand in glee while dreaming about being raped? Is it too big a stretch of imagination, that a couple of thousand people camping at the Budapest station were told to come in, but that erroneous news spread via social media that it was an all around "come in as you please" event, and that stopping the refugees by force was morally repugnant to a nation where the local version of the bible does not feature Jesus founding the NRA?

Who am I kidding, of course it is. Because governments that run the DRM or British Rail are obviously so perfect and infallible that they couldn't possibly make a mistake and loose control. It is the same logic that fuels the 9/11 "Truthers".
Old 24 Sep 17, 18:04
Major
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

JML has demonstrated strength of character [100] JML has demonstrated strength of character [100] JML has demonstrated strength of character [100] JML has demonstrated strength of character [100] JML has demonstrated strength of character [100] JML has demonstrated strength of character [100] JML has demonstrated strength of character [100] JML has demonstrated strength of character [100] JML has demonstrated strength of character [100]
If it was mistake why didn't she correct it? Instead of spreading nonsense that Germany can and will absorb everyone coming in.
Old 24 Sep 17, 18:22
Sergeant Major
Germany
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99] bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99] bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99] bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99] bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99] bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
FFS, does that insipid idea still hold on? Do people honestly believe, that a head of government deliberately invited a hordes of foreigners into the country, rubbing her hand in glee while dreaming about being raped? Is it too big a stretch of imagination, that a couple of thousand people camping at the Budapest station were told to come in, but that erroneous news spread via social media that it was an all around "come in as you please" event, and that stopping the refugees by force was morally repugnant to a nation where the local version of the bible does not feature Jesus founding the NRA?

Who am I kidding, of course it is. Because governments that run the DRM or British Rail are obviously so perfect and infallible that they couldn't possibly make a mistake and loose control. It is the same logic that fuels the 9/11 "Truthers".
Well she let the [derogatory term deleted by ACG Staff], which the majority didn't wish for, come in. And now instead of trying to get rid of them they talk of integration. And now the goverment is dumb enoug with their bullshit about integration. I don't want my nephew to go to a sam school like they do so i haveto solve their criminal behaviour there each 2 weeks. If one takes those people in we need a total segregation.

Please do not use derogatory terms of any language here at ACG. You have been warned.

ACG Staff

Last edited by Salinator; 24 Sep 17 at 22:03..
Old 25 Sep 17, 01:36
General of the Forums
France
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierbaron View Post
. I don't want my nephew to go to a sam school like they do so i haveto solve their criminal behaviour there each 2 weeks. If one takes those people in we need a total segregation.

]
Jawohl mein Fuhrer !!

Please address the post and topic or not at all. Stupid remarks are not needed nor is it helpful.
This was a funny remark , imo.

ACG Staff

Last edited by sebfrench76; 25 Sep 17 at 05:32..
Old 25 Sep 17, 02:59
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I looked at the attachment at the German election results and see that CDU only got 33% of the votes. To get a majority to form a government she needs a coalition of at least three of the lesser parties. Where is it written she will get them?

Maybe it is because I am looking at the election through American eyes, I see 67% of the voters did NOT vote for her. Where I grew up if you did not get over 50% of the vote they held a special election for the top two vote getters. I find this all a bit bizarre.

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 25 Sep 17, 03:10
General of the Forums
Belgium

This is not bizarre :Germany has a different election system . Yesterday the Germans elected a parliament, not a PM .

There are 299 electoral districts and it is exceptional that a candidate has more than 50 % in his district : 4 years ago Merkel had 56 %,now only 44 %.

Other point is that the number of seats is not fixed : it is now 598, but it can be higher or lower .
Old 25 Sep 17, 03:16
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The attached article did not say the CDU got 44%, it said 33%. I still say I am uneasy with this way to hold an election.

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!