StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Russia, Central Asia, and The Caucasus

Notices and Announcements

Russia, Central Asia, and The Caucasus Post-Soviet Russia and some neglected smaller neighbors.

Old 05 Aug 17, 08:51
Brigadier General
United_States

Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massena View Post
And how many US embassies have you been in?

Or, have you been a Foreign Service Officer or other official in a US embassy?

Or, which is more probable, you're talking through your hat once again?

Seems to me that if you needed help overseas and had trouble getting it at a US embassy or consulate, you'd be among the first to come crying.
see post # 15

hey--look buddy the national debt needs to be reigned in --NOW..
there's no use for all these federal workers--none!

EIGHTEEN consulates in Mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spent a year and a half overseas in many countries and never needed a consulate
I got drunk a lot/etc also...never got into trouble

list of embassies/etc
httphttps://www.usembassy.gov/

Benin---where the heck is that???!! we do not need a consulate in Benin
the Holy See ?????!!!---really? $$$$ waste waste
Papua New Guinea--good one
UNESCO--definitely not needed--US citizens are not getting into trouble there , are they?

....a lot of these also waste more $$$ by lobbying for US tax $ to go to help peace, the poor, etc --just like Kennedy's failed Alliance for Progress crap that sent millions and millions $$ down the drain

Last edited by Moulin; 05 Aug 17 at 09:08..
Old 05 Aug 17, 09:05
General of the Forums
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
see post # 15

hey--look buddy the national debt needs to be reigned in --NOW..
there's no use for all these federal workers--none!

EIGHTEEN consulates in Mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I spent a year and a half overseas in many countries and never needed a consulate
I got drunk a lot/etc also...never got into trouble

list of embassies/etc
httphttps://www.usembassy.gov/

Benin---where the heck is that???!! we do not need a consulate in Benin
the Holy See ?????!!!---really? $$$$ waste waste
Papua New Guinea--good one
UNESCO--definitely not needed--US citizens are not getting into trouble there , are they?
There's something like close to a million americans living in Mexico, and a lot more visiting. I guess that is why you need a consulate or two. I've spent a decade living abroad and have needed consulate/embassy services. Makes things like renewing a passport a bit simpler...

A lot of the embassy/consulate employees are there in sort of a training as well. Homeschooling doesn't tend to work so great in this area.

Last edited by Karri; 05 Aug 17 at 09:10..
Old 05 Aug 17, 09:13
Brigadier General
United_States

Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karri View Post
There's something like close to a million americans living in Mexico. I guess that is why you need a consulate or two. I've spent a decade living abroad and have needed consulate/embassy services. Makes things like renewing a passport a bit simpler...

A lot of the embassy/consulate employees are there in sort of a training as well.
tough **** if you live overseas--that's your choice
so the US tax payers should help you live abroad? we should pay $$$ to help people spend their $$ overseas...that's screwing the US!
I want some help
our infrastructure needs updating/etc

hey--maybe you didn't see it, but I put it in later
a consulate at the Holy See??what about that one?
Papua New Guinea
Benin
really--how many Americans go there??
Old 05 Aug 17, 09:17
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:
There's something like close to a million americans living in Mexico, and a lot more visiting. I guess that is why you need a consulate or two. I've spent a decade living abroad and have needed consulate/embassy services. Makes things like renewing a passport a bit simpler...

A lot of the embassy/consulate employees are there in sort of a training as well. Homeschooling doesn't tend to work so great in this area.
national debt 13 Trillion??!!
and you don't can't be patient and wait a little?
Old 05 Aug 17, 09:41
General of the Forums
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
tough **** if you live overseas--that's your choice
so the US tax payers should help you live abroad? we should pay $$$ to help people spend their $$ overseas...that's screwing the US!
I want some help
our infrastructure needs updating/etc
Well, to follow your own logic: tough ****.

Quote:
hey--maybe you didn't see it, but I put it in later
a consulate at the Holy See??what about that one?
Papua New Guinea
Benin
really--how many Americans go there??
I dunno, but it's also quite usual to have embassies and consulates in countries you have diplomatic relations with. They're not there just because an american might visit...

I mean there's thousands of years of tradition behind these things. I doubt they are going to change that just because of some dude somewhere in the depths of internet is yelling "13 trillion and i dont need embassies"!

I mean, if you really want to get rid of that debt I am sure there are way easier and better ways than to cripple your nation diplomatically. In fact, I doubt closing all your embassies and firing the whole corps of foreign relations would even make a dent in your debt...

Old 05 Aug 17, 10:33
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:

I dunno, but it's also quite usual to have embassies and consulates in countries you have diplomatic relations with. They're not there just because an american might visit...

I mean there's thousands of years of tradition behind these things. I doubt they are going to change that just because of some dude somewhere in the depths of internet is yelling "13 trillion and i dont need embassies"!

I mean, if you really want to get rid of that debt I am sure there are way easier and better ways than to cripple your nation diplomatically. In fact, I doubt closing all your embassies and firing the whole corps of foreign relations would even make a dent in your debt...
hold it..your main/only point was not about diplomacy...make up your mind? you just invalidated your original point.... what's your point/points
also, maybe 1 or 2...maybe 4--but not 18!
..how many Americans visit Benin? Papua?
please answer: why do we need diplomacy with the Holy See?
you're living in the 1950's

there it is again!!
Quote:
In fact, I doubt closing all your embassies and firing the whole corps of foreign relations would even make a dent in your debt.
every time I bring up something that is unnecessary and needs cutting, I hear this same response [ troller ]?
can't cut anything..just keep going deeper

Quote:
I mean there's thousands of years of tradition behind these things. I doubt they are going to change that just because of some dude somewhere in the depths of internet is yelling "13 trillion and i dont need embassies"
tradition hasn't saved a lot of institutions/ etc......real smart--keeping getting deeper in debt because of tradition
a lot of people didn't think Trump would be elected
..and are flabbergasted at what laws he has put into affect

..and those consulates are used by Mexicans to come live in the US
they are not just for Americans....another reason to cut immigration--it is costing tax $$$$

Last edited by Moulin; 06 Aug 17 at 10:22..
Old 10 Aug 17, 19:15
First Lieutenant
Australia

ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99] ThoseDeafMutes is on the path to success [1-99]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...=.73d859055bea

Trump thanks Putin for expelling embassy staff.

You can't make this **** up folks.
Old 11 Aug 17, 06:08
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...=.73d859055bea

Trump thanks Putin for expelling embassy staff.

You can't make this **** up folks.
It fake I say, flake fake new, really, believe me, it's true. Really, really fake. Very sad very, believe me, it's sad.

What a dumb ass. They left Russia. That doesn't mean they are not on the government pay roll.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 11 Aug 17, 07:25
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:

Quote:
Trump thanks Putin for kicking out US diplomats: 'We're trying to cut down our payroll'
bold mine
common sense to cut diplomats/consulates/etc ....go Trump!
just like freezing federal hiring...Trump is trying to save US $$$
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/10/trum...diplomats.html

the US doesn't need 18 consulates in Mexico for the US to survive/conduct business/etc
..If an American want's to live there, the US taxpayers shouldn't have to pay an exorbitant amount for it
Old 12 Aug 17, 04:48
General of the Forums
Sweden
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700]
The US can always do what countries used to do, back in the 19th c. — hire some friendly locals cheap to represent the US.

Though in cases like this, what you tend to get is related to what you pay for...
Old 21 Aug 17, 07:19
Lieutenant General
Russia

Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300]
US suspends issuing visas to Russian citizen ostensibly as a result of the recent decision to cut back their diplomatic staff in Russia. Russian FM says he will consider measures of response but promises not to retaliate to US citizens:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/...visas-49330182
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...KCN1B10V6?il=0

Bottom line: another step in deterioration of US-Russia relations.
Old 01 Sep 17, 03:40
Lieutenant General
Russia

Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300]
The "diplomatic war" continues: US closes Russian consulate in San Francisco and two trade missions:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41115352
Old 01 Sep 17, 04:16
ACG Forums - Field Marshall
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Model Forum Group Build SPQR Campaign 

Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Salinator has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom_A View Post
The "diplomatic war" continues: US closes Russian consulate in San Francisco and two trade missions:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41115352
This was not suppose to happen. Trump was supposed to be a stooge of Putin.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg
Old 01 Sep 17, 04:37
Lieutenant General
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salinator View Post
This was not suppose to happen. Trump was supposed to be a stooge of Putin.
Supposed by whom? American media? It's quite obvious that they are engaged propaganda campaign and not a trustworthy source of opinions.
Old 01 Sep 17, 10:08
ACG Forums - General Staff
Sinc
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Daemon of Decay has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom_A View Post
Supposed by whom? American media? It's quite obvious that they are engaged propaganda campaign and not a trustworthy source of opinions.
Yes, yes, there is literally no trustworthy voice in the world these days, thus anything can be true/a lie/doubted. We should be able to move beyond the "nothing is true; everything is permitted" ad hominem arguments at this point, since they're so universal as to not even bear repeating. Since everyone lies and everyone is engaged in propaganda, saying as much is like pointing out that these articles are not written by pandas - it should be self-evident.

You think the Earth rotates around the sun? You know a Greek made that up, right?
"In Iraq, the U.S. intervened and occupied, and the result was a costly disaster. In Libya, the U.S. intervened and did not occupy, and the result was a costly disaster. In Syria, the U.S. neither intervened nor occupied, and the result is a costly disaster."
-- Philip Gordon, 2015
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!