StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Research, Reference and Historical Study > Science

Notices and Announcements

Science Discussions about hard science.

Old 06 Jul 17, 08:26
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
That said, the magnificance of the Grand Canyon should be proof enough that God exists. A logically doomed effort to prove that God made the Grand Canyon and all of the rocks & fossils on Earth, in one fell swoop, less than 10,000 years ago is kind of insulting to God and the Grand Canyon.
Take the Universe.

Take away God.

Nothing changes.
Old 06 Jul 17, 15:40
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebfrench76 View Post
Only in the USA.
Keep on entertaining us .

The Doctor : so your back from cryogenization.
Apparently , i was the only one asking for where you've been since Herrrr Trump was elected.
Wrong. See "Where is________" thread in Barracks.
Old 06 Jul 17, 17:05
General of the Forums
France
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Wrong. See "Where is________" thread in Barracks.
Sorry dear MM , but that's precisely where I asked where this grumpy anti -climate warming was gone.Page 81.May 2017

You replied the same day , correct , but I am the one who asked where he was.Not that I am getting a privilege from that , it's just your "wrong" that I cannot accept , dear Sir .
Old 06 Jul 17, 18:55
General of the Forums
United_States

OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Sorry dear MM , but that's precisely where I asked where this grumpy anti -climate warming was gone.Page 81.May 2017

You replied the same day , correct , but I am the one who asked where he was.Not that I am getting a privilege from that , it's just your "wrong" that I cannot accept , dear Sir .
It's hard to take you seriously with that avatar, if it's who I think it is.
Old 06 Jul 17, 19:04
Brigadier General
United_States

Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
so the creationists think a fully formed man and woman just ''appeared''--like the Star Trek energizer??!!??
Sponsored Links

Old 06 Jul 17, 19:20
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
so the creationists think a fully formed man and woman just ''appeared''--like the Star Trek energizer??!!??
Oh, no. First Adam appeared. Then Lilith appeared. Then Lilith buggered off. Then God made Eve from one of Adam's ribs. That's why men are missing one rib to this day!
Old 06 Jul 17, 19:33
General of the Forums
Scotland
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700]
the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700]
I'm just wondering how Trump will react when this nutter ends up with egg all over his face.

While it's true that the Grand Canyon is a relatively young formation, less than 4,000 years is pushing it, although the flood runoff theory (from glacial melting) is not without merit.
Old 06 Jul 17, 19:56
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ace View Post
I'm just wondering how Trump will react when this nutter ends up with egg all over his face.

While it's true that the Grand Canyon is a relatively young formation, less than 4,000 years is pushing it, although the flood runoff theory (from glacial melting) is not without merit.
If you powered the run off with hydraulic mining machinery it might make a similar dent in a ... LOOOONG time.
Old 13 Jul 17, 19:50
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ace View Post
Trump played no role in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ace
The canyon might be as young as 6 million years or as old as 36 million. While runoff from dozens of deglaciations over that time period played a role, the down-cutting is mostly due to the uplifting of the Colorado Plateau.
Old 13 Jul 17, 19:51
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

I'm right here...
Old 14 Jul 17, 18:01
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
Take photo's leave foot prints.

So 6 million visitors a year and each takes 10 pounds of stone home. It's not Obama and the NPS that is asinine.

What? No rocks in Australia?
He's a legitimate researcher. Whether his theories are worth a p!$$ isn't the point here. The Grand Canyon is absolutely huge. Pulling a million pounds of rock out of it a day wouldn't be noticeable in a century. So, give the guy his bag of rocks.

Note: A million pounds of rock fit in this:

One mining dump truck per day is nothing to something as large as the Grand Canyon.
Old 14 Jul 17, 18:39
General of the Forums
United_States

Legitimate creationist. :chortle:
Old 14 Jul 17, 19:01
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Legitimate creationist. :chortle:
I find it equally funny to say "serious climate change scientist..."
Old 14 Jul 17, 19:21
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
I find it equally funny to say "serious climate change scientist..."
That doesn't surprise me in the least.

I find it hard to believe a legitimate researcher is taking orders from his imaginary friend.
Old 14 Jul 17, 20:02
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
That doesn't surprise me in the least.

I find it hard to believe a legitimate researcher is taking orders from his imaginary friend.
Rather "he" takes orders from his funder/paycheck source ...
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!