StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > ACG Community Run Wargames

Notices and Announcements

ACG Community Run Wargames Conflict simulations run by forum members for the ACG community.

Old 01 Jun 17, 23:58
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
A 4 x 4 truck is fine for the 75mm but try to get the full section of 2 guns. The Pzjr I for the 5cm is a good trade. Whether you get MG 34 on the stand or something like the ZB vz/53

That's a good deal. Those will give us a big increase in infantry firepower

With every warm body having a rifle or some captured weapon, that will help massively too. Drivers should have a weapon, since they should be expected to defend their vehicle if nothing else.

Pioneers aren't really necessary unless we need to assault a fortified position. We can likely get construction troops or make due with the shovels and such we have for light construction.

If it were me it'd be 2 pzgr platoons, the Pz II, the HMG platoon, and then whatever Exo wants for a "reece" platoon. The Pz 38t seem best there.
That's two infantry platoons, one support platoon, two tank platoons, and the HQ has a SP TD with the Jgpz I and a section of 75mm howitzers. The only thing I'd try for that's not already on the list is bringing the two pzgr platoons up to full strength.

Looking at the Panzerjaeger, that's pretty much a done deal.....combo of prime mover and gun, with enough protection to ward off MG fire.

On the 75mm guns, to note, I can get 1 gun. Getting 2 guns would require giving up the Panzerjaeger (or 5cm gun whichever I chose).

Getting an MG squad extra will take some doing.....but I can try for that if that's agreed as the primary need.

I will do something about the HQ troops, agreed that every man needs a weapon, though we might use captured SMGs for now as drivers only need emergency self defense.

On the pioneers, I think this mission will involve cutting a railroad. Is that something that can be done without the use of pioneers? Or is that something that pioneers would make far more efficient? While 2nd Platoon is still available as is, it didn't receive much in the way of replacements, so there is a temptation there to use a pioneer platoon in lieu.

OOC: If we can recruit a couple more players, we have an open 5th Platoon......and HQ probably needs a second man.
Old 02 Jun 17, 00:10
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Cutting a railroad only requires axes. You simply chop the ties up. That makes the tracks unstable and the train crashes. Alternately, you pry the spikes out of the ties and the train crashes.

I'd say reinforcing 2nd platoon is ahead of having another unit. But, either way, we're better off with more infantry as they are going to be the ones taking the casualties.

That 75mm is critical however. That gives us a massive amount of firepower to deal with any target we encounter.
Old 02 Jun 17, 00:50
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post
1) Sdfkz 221 (If Exo goes for the MCs instead of tanks).
That won't solve the radio issue, the set in that thing has a range of about 1 klick.
It is the 223 that I wanted.
((550 prodiced from 1935 to January 1944, crew 3, 1 x MG atop a small non-rotating turret. One FuG10 radio plus the usual short-range set. Otherwise the same as the 222.))

The 221 is already out of production and was made in smaller numbers. I'd rather have the Kettenkrad and a trailer filled by one of those big Grundig Radios. I made a model of that once, it was an exact fit.

And about the Slovak Bycycle Platoon ... you are right, they don't really fit with a mechanized unit. I was thinking of a silent sort of Recon... but the language barrier does wreck that idea.
For Recon to work, you need clear communications.

Looks like I am back where I started then.
If your argument is that the government doesn't spy on its own citizens then you're completely oblivious to reality.
"We have reached the stage where satire is prophecy"
-Theodore Dalrymple

Last edited by The Exorcist; 02 Jun 17 at 00:57..
Old 02 Jun 17, 00:57
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Panzerjaeger I also had a 4.7cm Czech antitank gun on an open mount. It was similar to the 5cm gun.

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 02 Jun 17, 02:22
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Exo, Kettenkrad with a radio is more doable anyway. Though I'll give a shot to the other, potentially.

Really need at least 1, preferably 2 additional players.....so we can cover the 5th Platoon and hq.

Old 02 Jun 17, 02:43
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Unless you'd like the 5th Platoon to be a little tardy and see who shows up?
Old 02 Jun 17, 03:52
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Just to confirm what I said in my PM since the board is acting up again, I'll happily take command of one of the "delayed" units from Tuesday onward.

Not now, because I'm about to leave for three days

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Old 02 Jun 17, 05:34
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
Israel
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I like to take/retain ex-Kolzenf's platoon😉

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old 02 Jun 17, 08:09
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300]
A quick read of the mission, I would recommend -

2 panzer platoons - The Pz II can be used in a recon role

2 PzGren platoons - To balance your panzer forces

1 MG platoon - Because putting a lot of lead down range will help your troops maneuver against the enemy

1 PzJgr - For reasons already explained

1 Pioneer squad - because you will never have enough engineers to blow up stuff, make holes or help the mobility of your mechanized force...And can make up a defensive reserve, if need be.

Weapons for HQ troops should not be a problem. Just request them before you leave on mission. Just don't ask for an MG 34 for every trooper...At this point, keeping a captured Russian weapon should be seen as a prize weapon, not your main or secondary weapon carried by your soldiers.

Language should not be an issue. At this stage, most Slovaks speak German at some degree as a second language (having been part of the former Austro-Hungarian Empire or coming from the Sudetes region)

Yours for consideration.
Old 02 Jun 17, 08:17
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Welcome aboard gentlemen!

We now have a Hauptmann and five confirmed platoon commanders (although Exo and Snowy are still deciding on their platoon selection).

As we're still within 24 hours (excellent work guys!) I've been able to update the order of battle in post #4. While we see whether we have any more recruits, there are a few more points to consider.

von Pruitt
You retained the Dashka at the end of Episode 1. Do you still have this, and if so from where do you draw the manpower to man it?

Kolzenf
You retained the Maxim at the end of Episode 1. Do you still have this, and if so from where do you draw the manpower to man it?

Gardner
After your devoted service at Regenbogen HQ (and your time as a seasoned NCO) you retain a small measure of pull with the people that really run things in the Heer. You may outline a short list of extras or bonuses you would like to scrounge or otherwise backchannel, in order of priority (high to low).

Ertl
I know there are a few options you are considering; let me know which platoon you select (and if recon, reply to my PM).

Snezny
Have a look at the remaining list of options, and please PM me your selection for 5th Platoon on your return.

Heinz
From your career and your recent ascent to command of Kampfgruppe Regenbogen, you have a limited pull at headquarters. You may outline a short list of extras or bonuses you would like to scrounge or otherwise backchannel, in order of priority (high to low).

Please outline to me (via PM) a final list of Kampfgruppe stores you would like to carry in your logistics section. You will (probably) not get everything you request - but you will (probably) not get anything you don't.

I will then respond to you and your potential NCO with stores.
Old 02 Jun 17, 08:21
Lieutenant General
Australia
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AFB View Post
A quick read of the mission, I would recommend -

2 panzer platoons - The Pz II can be used in a recon role

2 PzGren platoons - To balance your panzer forces

1 MG platoon - Because putting a lot of lead down range will help your troops maneuver against the enemy

1 PzJgr - For reasons already explained

1 Pioneer squad - because you will never have enough engineers to blow up stuff, make holes or help the mobility of your mechanized force...And can make up a defensive reserve, if need be.

Weapons for HQ troops should not be a problem. Just request them before you leave on mission. Just don't ask for an MG 34 for every trooper...At this point, keeping a captured Russian weapon should be seen as a prize weapon, not your main or secondary weapon carried by your soldiers.

Language should not be an issue. At this stage, most Slovaks speak German at some degree as a second language (having been part of the former Austro-Hungarian Empire or coming from the Sudetes region)

Yours for consideration.
1. Correct. Now that Regenbogen has existed for a period of time, all HQ personnel are equipped with a rifle (even if they don't have much experience with it).

2. Also correct. There may be the occasional breakdown in communication, but most Slovaks will understand you.

3. Command will be able to call on Leutnant Brandt for emergency resupply during the engagement. His availability (and success in fulfilling your requests) will be variable.
Old 02 Jun 17, 09:06
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
Israel
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khryses View Post

Kolzenf
You retained the Maxim at the end of Episode 1. Do you still have this, and if so from where do you draw the manpower to man it?
Retaining the Maxim is a misread. Kolzenf frowned upon the unorganic Soviet junk and had it delivered to Brandt.

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old 02 Jun 17, 09:12
Lieutenant General
Australia
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Sennef View Post
Retaining the Maxim is a misread. Kolzenf frowned upon the unorganic Soviet junk and had it delivered to Brandt.
So noted
Old 02 Jun 17, 10:48
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Snezny
Have a look at the remaining list of options, and please PM me your selection for 5th Platoon on your return.
Just read the entire thread,

I'll have the regular Slovak infantry platoon of 51 as already indicated in my PM to Tac.

None of the sexy toys, but still the queen of the battlefield.

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Old 02 Jun 17, 11:29
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
von Pruitt
You retained the Dashka at the end of Episode 1. Do you still have this, and if so from where do you draw the manpower to man it?
Having a 50 caliber MG is a no brainer! Von Pruitt will pull a man off each Rifle Squad to man it. To transport it we will put it in one of the trucks (First Squad has the most room. The Kugelwagon can help if we have a problem with the trucks. The KG can certainly use a weapon that can penetrate most buildings and armor cars. Von Pruitt asks that we get a unit of fire of ammo to carry on our troops and another unit of fire carried in the trucks. We want enough Hand Grenades this time. We will take egg shaped grenades if we can't get Potato Mashers.

von Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!