StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > ACG Community Run Wargames

Notices and Announcements

ACG Community Run Wargames Conflict simulations run by forum members for the ACG community.

Old 24 May 17, 19:32
General of the Forums
Philippines
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
"Aye, captain"
Old 24 May 17, 19:58
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
We will be looking for interesting salvage. I would really like to find some weaponry or a fuel cell or two. Maybe we can cut out a weapon hardpoint?

Commander Pruitt, Navy, ret.

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 25 May 17, 08:17
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Kuroitori
Mugen waits a beat, then another but the fighter's computers show no sign of responding to his access attempt. He senses the connection, so he knows there is a port there but it appears to be secured. The surge reaches its peak and the strike fighter rises into the air - and the infiltrator fires a heavy round at the oblong shape hanging under the starboard wing. It seems equally unaffected, pivots and fires - but the wildly pinwheeling Nihon'jan proves a difficult target and the chain guns instead chew up the fighter across the hangar. Mugen spins, watching the hangar glide past his crosshairs. Crate, floor, wing, ceiling, cockpit, floor, cabinet, ceiling, oblong- a shot, and the side of the fighter explodes in a white-red corona that reaches out to destroy another craft and fling the infiltrator against the far wall with bruising force. He tastes blood when he next lifts his head, but the fighter - and anything that was within eight metres of it - is decidedly destroyed.

A voice speaks softly in his ear, as though trying not to be heard. "Mugen-san? There is a craft coming around the hull towards the hangar. Are you still there?"

Across the way a second fighter rises from the deck and rotates to face the sealed hangar door.

Starmaster One
Gman pilots the Starmaster carefully away from the suspicious fighters, but they seem to be sweeping away to another part of the debris field. Approaching the Believer, they detect a Konfleti assault shuttle with its back broken. The rear section is floating closest to the freighter, and the engine (and its fuel cells) appear to be intact. The fore section is also floating nearby, and has two double-barreled cannon mounted dorsally, above and below. There are three life signs in the fore section, and hundreds visible in the crippled Believer, two kilometres away.

Nearby the fore area of the battlecruiser, another two life signs can be seen.

Patna
Atmosphere gusts out around Richie's vac-suited figure as she paces carefully into the cargo bay, and connects a comm cable to the fighter's external service port. The cockpit's more delicate electronics seem to be utterly fried, and in the end she presses her helmet to the canopy to make herself heard. The voice is faint but audible.

"I'm not sure, lady. I lost power about an hour ago? I think? It's hard to know without a timepiece, but the life support cut out then too. I figure I've got whatever is left in here, and that's it." He eyes the comm cable Richie connected earlier. "If you've got life support tubing there, that might work. Otherwise..." He tries to think of what would make good salvage. "Just before the electrical surge, my squadron and I were doing point defense for the Carrier and we received a few missile salvos from the Battlecruiser. Some of them blew up. Some of them got through. But I figure there are some you could salvage over towards the Carrier."

Patna currently hangs in space between the battered Assault Carrier and the broken Believer they were approaching earlier - unless they reverse thrust soon though, they'll be coming up to the crater where the bridge was.

And actually, who's flying this thing?
Old 25 May 17, 11:33
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Commander Pruitt orders GMan to close with the Assault Shuttle. We will try and rescue the survivors and salvage what we can of the engine, fuel cells and weapons. Since time is quickly passing we will do the fore section first. It is almost time to "Get the Heck Out Of Dodge!". We may not close with crippled Believer because we can't take many survivors. The three on the Shuttle will be enough to max out our interior habitable space. If we were operating an empty Hold we could put survivors in there. Right now we will have to guard the refugees and four against one is pushing it a bit. We also need to find out where we can bring them for compensation. Our regular fences can take care of the computers. If we have room in the hold after we salvage what we can of the shuttle we will consider taking refugees from the Battlecruiser.

Commander Pruitt, Navy, ret

Old 25 May 17, 16:29
General
France

Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Mugen winces as he shifts to his feet and swallows the small amount of blood in his mouth as he sees the fighter he contacted ready itself for flight. The damned Skandians could have just fled and lived, but now four were dead and multiple fighters were destroyed in the hangar, a waste. Mugen decides to get out now before more Skandians arrive and grabs whatever is in reach whether it is the weapons of the dead men, spare parts, or tools and legs it to the waiting fighter wincing ever so slightly as the brusies start to form on his body. He quickly opens the hatch to the fighter and tosses in whatever can fit before flying the fighter out of the hangar and replying to Ren as he docks the fighter with the ship.

"I am here. Hostiles in the hangar have been neutralized. I am returning with one of their fighters intact. I will be returning to the ship and searching one of their larger hangars for what I'm searching for. Some sort of hyperspace capable craft whether a pinnance, shuttle, or even one of their unique scout fighters. Please compare your outer scans with my own scans of the interior and cross reference them with schematics you're able to find. I need some sort of map to the main hangar so I can know how to make it there. "

Last edited by Delenda estRoma; 26 May 17 at 02:50..
Sponsored Links

Old 25 May 17, 22:06
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khryses View Post
And actually, who's flying this thing?
Haven't you ever heard of a Palm-Pilot?

Actually, a no-power glide won't take much. I could also use more input from my co=pilot here....

This guy just made the worst suggestion for salvage ever. Even if we find some unexploded missiles, that means we are gathering up a bunch of duds!
"You trying to sabotage us already? Tsk tsk, and I was about to get you out of there and take you inside. You sure ain't making it easy to be nice to you."

She does have to get back in there before we reach the flagship....
"Larry, any ideas here?"
If your argument is that the government doesn't spy on its own citizens then you're completely oblivious to reality.
Blaming the Las Vegas massacre on gun owners is like blaming 9-11 on frequent fliers.
Old 26 May 17, 00:05
General of the Forums
Sinc
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
Haven't you ever heard of a Palm-Pilot?

Actually, a no-power glide won't take much. I could also use more input from my co=pilot here....

This guy just made the worst suggestion for salvage ever. Even if we find some unexploded missiles, that means we are gathering up a bunch of duds!
"You trying to sabotage us already? Tsk tsk, and I was about to get you out of there and take you inside. You sure ain't making it easy to be nice to you."

She does have to get back in there before we reach the flagship....
"Larry, any ideas here?"
I say we dump him back outside and make room for other more interesting things. Iím sure that his friends will find him eventually.

We could go to the assault carrier bound to be something good there.
Old 26 May 17, 10:29
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Starmaster One
The light freighter vectors in towards the forward section of the shuttle, and there is a moment's quiet as a cannon rotates to cover them, but there are no shots fired as Yil'chara advises the vessel that the Starmaster is there to rescue them. Of course there is no answer either, but as the ramp lowers and pivots towards the broken mid-section a trio of suited figures can be seen moving towards the lip of the hull. Suited and ready to rescue them, Pruitt beckons and they leap across the void one after another. Pruitt signals for them to wait in the depressurized hull as he considers what might be salvaged from the shuttle. It looks as though they might be able to sever those dorsal cannon intact with a plasma torch, possibly extricating the cabling and energy cells from the resulting holes in the hull. This could be big.

But looking at the internal camera, GMan sees two of the rescued moving deeper into the cargo hold and cycling the airlock into the fore section as they move out of sight from the camera. He still has a clear view of the third Konfleti marine - also out of sight behind the Commander's back - as she braces one foot against the bulkhead and brings her rifle up and draws a bead on Pruitt where he stands at the edge of the ramp.

Kuroitori
Badly bruised but moving through it, Mugen toggled the manual lever to open the cockpit of the strike fighter and senses security activate on all remote access to the smallcraft. He tests it instinctively, and his cybernetic senses are assaulted with a demand for his Service Number. He is reasonably certain he can still fly the vessel manually with the controls inside the open cockpit, and so begins tossing spare parts and tools as well as the weapons of three of the dead men at the open canopy. Most of them even make the bank shot into the pilot's couch (for want of any cargo area), before he climbs in after them, shoving some of the pointier tools out from under him before pulling the canopy down. He manages to figure out how to turn using the manual controls, gooses the thrust and shoots out through the breach and into space.

He is narrowly missed by the Skandian shuttle which swerves into the hangar behind him, and hails Ren. Truth be told most of the docking is done by the larger vessel, but the two soon connect the strike fighter to the airlock closest to the bridge and the Nihon-Jan comes aboard. While he tends to his aches and pains (at least briefly), Ren begins comparing the outer scans of the Assault Carrier to Mugen's interior scan of the hangar, her previous knowledge of the class... and not least, her copy of Jane's Starships. Almost immediately she is able to identify the main hangar in the rear lower quarter, but she hasn't yet resolved a viable internal route there. Even with his lack of experience reading ship sensors he can tell there are no major breaches at the main hangar (or at least, at the area she highlighted briefly when he asked) but the area seems powered. Presumably any craft launching from there use the hatch.

Patna
Looking increasingly desperate, the pilot (overhearing the comment through the canopy) throws up a hand. "Wait! The wings! If you don't want the warheads - and some of them are still live I'll wager - then my fighter wings should still have their streakers attached." The streak gun - or "streakers" for their pilots - is a medium calibre vehicle-mounted kinetic weapon with an extremely high rate of fire. "They should be fairly easy to retrieve, yeah?" There are likely more salvageable elements in the core of his fighter, but that would presumbly involve cracking his canopy.

Or leaving him to suffocate within while they strip it from the outside.
Old 26 May 17, 10:46
France

Commander Pruitt signals GMan and Yil'charra that the three just came aboard. "Yil'charra meet them at the door and make sure they don't bring any weapons aboard, then secure them. GMan, keep an eye on them from your seat and don't allow them in unless they have the access code for the door lock. I think we can get some good salvage here."

Commander Pruitt, Navy, ret

Old 26 May 17, 14:06
France

Commander Pruitt keys his microphone and tells GMan and Yil'charra that we may have a situation in the Hold. I think those three brought weapons with them! I will pretend to keep looking at the shuttle while GMan uses the controls to reach inside with the mechanical arm and disarm the Marine behind me. Make sure the door on the other side of the airlock does not open until I enter my code.

Old 26 May 17, 15:01
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khryses View Post
Patna
Looking increasingly desperate, the pilot (overhearing the comment through the canopy) throws up a hand. "Wait! The wings! If you don't want the warheads - and some of them are still live I'll wager - then my fighter wings should still have their streakers attached." The streak gun - or "streakers" for their pilots - is a medium calibre vehicle-mounted kinetic weapon with an extremely high rate of fire. "They should be fairly easy to retrieve, yeah?" There are likely more salvageable elements in the core of his fighter, but that would presumbly involve cracking his canopy.

Or leaving him to suffocate within while they strip it from the outside.
Rishie rolls her eyes at her partner and raps on the canopy. "We are NOT leaving anyone to die out here! God-damn-it, who do you think we are, Pirates?"
She leaves it vague as to which man she is talking to, until she asks the Pilot "Can you open that thing up? Is your suit intact?"

So... the fighters all around us are good salvage. But, only for weapons... I was hoping for computer cores, batteries, things more easily traded.

Richie looks to Lawrence; "We can stop here, or go on to the big ship... our burn will be the same either way to stop our trajectory. The flagship is a bigger possible haul, but we may be seen more easily there."
If your argument is that the government doesn't spy on its own citizens then you're completely oblivious to reality.
Blaming the Las Vegas massacre on gun owners is like blaming 9-11 on frequent fliers.
Old 26 May 17, 17:56
General
France

Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Mugen listens to the information that Ren has provided him, but a different plan is forming in his mind. The shuttle that had entered the hangar that he had just left was most likely Skandian and if it was then it was a great bet that it would be hyper capable. It would be far smarter and easier to simply return to the hangar instead of finding a way into the other one. With his mind made up, Mugen arms himself with one of the weapons taken from the dead Skandians along with his own pistol and vibroblade and proceeds to launch himself back towards the opening in the hangar. This time he had a strategy for the microgravity environment. He would drift hopefully unseen into the hangar and brace himself above the shuttle before taking aim with his cybernetics and firing both weapons at any personnel before kicking off from the ceiling to close the distance and finish any fight at melee range with the vibroblade. He subvocalizes to Ren as he gets to work.

"I'm heading back in. That shuttle could come in handy. Prepare to leave the debris field when I return and continue to scan and monitor all comm frequencies. "
Old 26 May 17, 18:19
General of the Forums
Philippines
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
G'man immediately closes and locks the doors. Using the mechanical arm, he ungently disarms the one marine.
Old 26 May 17, 18:43
General of the Forums
Sinc
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
Rishie rolls her eyes at her partner and raps on the canopy. "We are NOT leaving anyone to die out here! God-damn-it, who do you think we are, Pirates?"
She leaves it vague as to which man she is talking to, until she asks the Pilot "Can you open that thing up? Is your suit intact?"

So... the fighters all around us are good salvage. But, only for weapons... I was hoping for computer cores, batteries, things more easily traded.

Richie looks to Lawrence; "We can stop here, or go on to the big ship... our burn will be the same either way to stop our trajectory. The flagship is a bigger possible haul, but we may be seen more easily there."

I say we go for the electronics, it probably has a better rate of return than weapons and if anyone challenges us we can say we are looking for survivors.
Old 26 May 17, 19:23
France

Commander Pruitt takes the weapon from the Mechanical Arm and smiles at the Marine. "Do you want to walk home?".
He then directs her to head for the other two Marines. The Commander keeps her in front and tells the other two to "Place your weapons on the floor, CAREFULLY!".

Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!