StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > ACG Community Run Wargames

Notices and Announcements

ACG Community Run Wargames Conflict simulations run by forum members for the ACG community.

Old 15 May 17, 23:30
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GMan and I are almost done. I am waiting for a confirmation from him on what skills I get and which ones he wants. I sent out PM's to a couple of other people, but no PM back yet.

Commander Pruitt, Fleet, ret

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 16 May 17, 05:39
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Any chance of a randomly rolled character ?

Not so sure what to do with the LUX points what are they exactly ??

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Old 16 May 17, 06:49
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
The gist is, you start with a character from one of the nearby polities or wildspace (feel free to PM either of us if you want to delve into this side of things - they're all human though) with 10 Lux ("luxury") points to divide between skills, equipment and ship.

Skills are simplest - one Lux means you're "skilled" at a thing, two means you're a master.

Equipment is more of a by-feel area. It's not a very equipmenty game, but generally a decent-quality powerful thing will be 1 Lux, with extremely rare things going to 2 and more common items going down to fractions. Make your pitch by all means (PM usually).

Ship will usually cost you a few Lux depending on what you're trying to get. A cramped one-man pinnace with some cargo capacity might come down to 2-3 Lux. A YT-1300 (or equivalent in this universe) would be more like 5-6.
Old 16 May 17, 07:47
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Does it have anything to do with this ??

https://wiki.lostsouls.org/Category:Skills

This would be what I'm looking for - a list of skills, traits etc...to choose from ?

Old 16 May 17, 07:51
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
As far as I'm aware Tac mostly wrote the system as pure homebrew - so there isn't really a list of skills or traits to choose from.

If you'd like to PM him (or I) a character concept, we could make some suggestions for LUX-spend though if that would help?
Old 16 May 17, 07:57
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Well that's why I requested a random, after quite a few forum games here I seem to revert to stereotypes -

The Soldier, the Prinzess, the Admiral...I'd like something new and surprising

If I have a rule set I can do it myself.

Maybe if I used the character creation process from Traveller ?

I have that one from the Far Future Adventure game.

Old 16 May 17, 08:06
Lieutenant General
Australia
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

I'm not familiar with that process - PM or link it to me?

I could probably spitball a dozen concept-points at you and put something together from the 3-4 you choose?

One point to decide on; do you want your own ship as part of your LUX, or hoping to hitch a lift with a crew?
Old 16 May 17, 08:12
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khryses View Post
(...)
I could probably spitball a dozen concept-points at you and put something together from the 3-4 you choose?

One point to decide on; do you want your own ship as part of your LUX, or hoping to hitch a lift with a crew?
Yes please

No ship - just a character, I'll take it from there, tnx.

This is the Far Future game btw,

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...04#post3328504

it's based on the "Traveller universe", which appears to be a classic in RPG rule sets,

http://www.munsondev.com/chargen/

Old 16 May 17, 13:57
General
France

Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Anyone have room for another crewmember? I can act as a boarding force and security as well as a repairman/engineer for your ship.
Old 19 May 17, 19:14
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Commander Pruitt rides again! Once again he is retired Navy and is looking for salvage to add modifications to his new ship. GMan88 and I put in enough LUX to get a Starmaster Light Transport with a Plasma Cutting torch hardpoint and a retractable moving arm that can feed salvage into the rear cargo door. The Starmaster Class normally runs about 350 tons and can hold up to 140 tons. Besides the alterations listed above we added about ten extra feet to the Crew Quarters/Bridge. This allows us to add a shower stall and extra quarters for four more people. It also cuts down on cargo room. The Galley also now has a dining table and several consoles to access entertainment from the ship computers. The additions should make the ship more crewfriendly.

Commander Pruitt has the following skills: Average- Computer Diagnostics, Sensors, Mechanical, Vacuum Suit (with suit), Mechanical Robot (diagnoses and simple repair), Valet Robot with Medical Subroutines (someone has to make the beds). Commander Pruitt can also Pilot. Four LUX on the ship. Commander Pruitt has a Double Barrel Pump Shotgun (SMC DP 12). We are still sorting out names for Ship #1.

Commander Pruitt, Navy, ret

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Sponsored Links

Old 20 May 17, 14:44
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Alright, back from Advanced SWAT School (1.5 days of class/PT and 3.5 LONG (14 hour plus) days on the range in 90 degree heat and full sun).....so let's get back to work while I rotate to night shift.

Originally I had planned on a character creation thread and so on in the usual progression. However, most players have already come up with their characters at this point.

What I'd like everyone do to is post the FINAL version of their character/ship, including Ship Name. At the top (below your character name) put your ship name (and partner if you're running in a multi-character crew).

If you have any questions on your character/ship, PM me or Khryses BEFORE you post the final version and we'll work it out.

ETA to D-Day is 24 hours or less, but this will vary depending on a few things, and the initial pace won't be so fast that players can't catch up in a post if they're caught finalizing stuff.
Old 20 May 17, 17:07
General
France

Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Final Character Sheet

Name-Mugen
Sex- Male
Height- 6'2
Weight- 200
Eyes- Black
Hair- Black
Build- Lean

Class- Ronin Nihon-Jan

Skills-
Master Level Melee Weapons
Master Level Light Weapons

Equipment-
Ultralight Armor Suit
.50 Caliber Pistol
Katana Vibroblade

Enhancements-
sensory enhancements
cyborg implants
muscle enhancements
bone strengthening

Hiring a ship for 1 Lux
Old 20 May 17, 17:38
Lieutenant General
Australia
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
Hiring a ship for 1 Lux
So noted

I'll write up someone appropriate and get back to you today with details.
Old 20 May 17, 18:22
General of the Forums
Philippines
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
I'm in! Just can't decide where to spend that last point on. My character's a master engineer, with some skills at wheeling ad dealing (to get supplies he needed), and had some training in ship weapons. And when the good commander asked, he joined!
Old 22 May 17, 03:03
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Name : Yil'chara.

Male.

Security advisor.

[Details to be added after reply from Tac.]

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!