StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > ACG Community Run Wargames

Notices and Announcements

ACG Community Run Wargames Conflict simulations run by forum members for the ACG community.

Old 12 May 17, 18:25
General of the Forums
Philippines
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
I am trying to find a couple more players. So far, no luck!

Pruitt
Here I am!
Old 12 May 17, 19:28
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
What?!?
Go party, go NUTS!

Yeah, I was afraid of that. 1 lux is the very most I would want to spend on any ship's mods... and I also need to spend a lux on the skill to use it.

Leaving me with 4 to spend on Piloting, Bargaining, Tech/mech and Navigation.
Mastery at none.
Not such a great deal, I'll have to think on it.

Traveler is a good yardstick, but I can't find anything there that I like for this. Something Crab-like is what I would want, with arms to manipulate stuff and a gaping maw of a cargo hold.
Well.... here is something small enough for one guy to handle, and a hell of a hold-

Maybe a crab-like pod or boat inside it?
That's doable. And good pic. Yeah that would work for a light cargo vessel. And I agree, hell of a hold. I can accept the ship coming with a pod for grappling salvage, maybe with an onboard plasma cutter, unpressurized though, with limited endurance.

So, any personal weapons.....figure you can get something basic in melee or handheld small arms for 'free'.
Old 12 May 17, 19:32
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Well, we have one player ready to go. Maybe a second one.
Old 12 May 17, 22:15
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post
That's doable. And good pic. Yeah that would work for a light cargo vessel. And I agree, hell of a hold. I can accept the ship coming with a pod for grappling salvage, maybe with an onboard plasma cutter, unpressurized though, with limited endurance.

So, any personal weapons.....figure you can get something basic in melee or handheld small arms for 'free'.
How about something like this, with a rocket pack on the back?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JIM_suit
Not very high-teck, but it looks strong enough. It just needs to be stable in space.

Personal Weapons.... a 14-round shotgun would be nice, I think you know the kind I am thinking of, and ceramic knives. But I think the best defense here will be bargaining or just not being found.

I like that ship too, especially the low-visibility grey, but the living section is too small for two people. Making it about 8 feet longer should do the trick.
The cannon would have to be in a pod on the roof, or and exposed swivel mount.

Or, better yet, be on a ship that looks like it belongs there -

Totally Firefly!

This one isn't great, the cargo is small and it looks a bit threatening... but it would be great in Atmo.

So... are we going after cargo drifting in space, or on the ground... or do we even know yet?
A clue about that would decide me.
If your argument is that the government doesn't spy on its own citizens then you're completely oblivious to reality.
"We have reached the stage where satire is prophecy"
-Theodore Dalrymple

Last edited by The Exorcist; 12 May 17 at 22:34..
Old 12 May 17, 22:25
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Some of the most lucrative cargo that the scavengers tend to go after is the floating debris fields following a fleet engagement in space. The second-line support vessels would come up from the victorious fleet to police the battlefield, but there is a narrow (hours-long) window between when the fleet sets off in pursuit and when the support vessels and security craft come up to begin repair and recovery.

That tends to be the sort of window any good scavenger loves to exploit (though it's definitely treading into the shadowy side of the border of legality) and it's most likely the area you'd begin with.

Being ground-capable would help as well of course.
Sponsored Links

Old 12 May 17, 22:35
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Had to edit that last post.... the JIM suit is what I was yapping about.
If your argument is that the government doesn't spy on its own citizens then you're completely oblivious to reality.
-Theodore Dalrymple
Old 12 May 17, 23:15
General of the Forums
Sinc
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Well here is my guy.

Okay than I will have the ships weapon for 1 LUX.
Be a master in its use for 2 LUX
Be a master in small arms for 2 LUX
An average in blade weapons for 1 LUX
An average in martial arts for 1 LUX
An average in ship repairs for 1 LUX
An average in Exo-suit for 1LUX
An average in Persuasion for 1 LUX

Name: Lawrence R.(Richard) Head
Sex: Male
Height: 5 7
Weight: 245 (no more than 3 oz. of fat)
Hair: sandy blonde
Eye color: violet
Build: like a brick wall
Personality: easy going (for the most part)
Old 12 May 17, 23:25
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Would a Type R Fat Trader be possible? How about a Type S Scout?

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 13 May 17, 01:24
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
What?!?
Go party, go NUTS!

Yeah, I was afraid of that. 1 lux is the very most I would want to spend on any ship's mods... and I also need to spend a lux on the skill to use it.

Leaving me with 4 to spend on Piloting, Bargaining, Tech/mech and Navigation.
Mastery at none.
Not such a great deal, I'll have to think on it.

Traveler is a good yardstick, but I can't find anything there that I like for this. Something Crab-like is what I would want, with arms to manipulate stuff and a gaping maw of a cargo hold.
Well.... here is something small enough for one guy to handle, and a hell of a hold-

Maybe a crab-like pod or boat inside it?
How many crew does this hold? Can the hold be enlarged?

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 13 May 17, 05:36
General of the Forums
United_States

I would recommend against enlarging that ship....doesn't look like such work would be entirely structurally sound.

As for crew size, 2 would be about right. It is a working ship after all, not a pleasure craft. So a 2 man cockpit, a head, small galley, and 2 bunks would all fit in the command section.
Old 13 May 17, 06:36
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400] Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post
I would recommend against enlarging that ship....doesn't look like such work would be entirely structurally sound.

As for crew size, 2 would be about right. It is a working ship after all, not a pleasure craft. So a 2 man cockpit, a head, small galley, and 2 bunks would all fit in the command section.
I concur.

I think you'd have a tight fit cramming all those elements in the command section, but I can see it'd work. Think minisub though, rather than Firefly-class.
Old 13 May 17, 07:18
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khryses View Post
I concur.

I think you'd have a tight fit cramming all those elements in the command section, but I can see it'd work. Think minisub though, rather than Firefly-class.
OTOH, think maximum profit per kilogram of mass, as the lack of comforts for the crew means less mass being hauled around, and also lower power requirements overall.
Old 13 May 17, 18:36
General of the Forums
United_States

4 Lux for a ship

Be a master in Pilot for 2 LUX
An average in Technician 1LUX
An average in Small arms (shotgun)
An average in Navigation
An average in Business dealing

Name: Richaundra "Richy" Clemens
Sex: Female
Height: 5 6
Weight: 225
Hair: red
Eye color: blue
Build: like a brick .... you know
Personality: Friendly, extroverted, but nobody's fool
-Theodore Dalrymple
Old 13 May 17, 20:12
General
France

Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Character Sheet-

Name-Mugen
Sex- Male
Height- 6'2
Weight- 200
Eyes- Black
Hair- Black
Build- Lean

Class- Ronin Nihon-Jan

Skills-
Master Level Melee Weapons
Master Level Light Weapons
Basic Level Piloting

Equipment-
Ultralight Armor Suit (1 ranged and 1 melee weapon attached)

Enhancements-
sensory enhancements
cyborg implants
muscle enhancements
bone strengthening

Looking for a partner to fly with as well if anyone is game! I can be your security/marine force.

Last edited by Delenda estRoma; 13 May 17 at 20:21..
Old 15 May 17, 23:13
Lieutenant General
Australia
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

D-5: Launching 21 May

Hey Team,

We're in the last week of prep - if there's anything you want to discuss, propose or arrange, please come to Tac or I before the weekend.

The curtain will go up on Sunday 21st.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!