StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > World War II > Armor in World War II

Notices and Announcements

Armor in World War II Discuss all aspects & disciplines of World War II Armor here.

Old 27 Apr 17, 09:48
Recruit
United_States

usmc93 is a balanced individual [0]
M4A3E8 battles

Hi all, I dont post here much, mostly just read. I am a professional modeler and looking for some help as I know WW2 history well but cant find specific battles with this tank. I am building a large scale diorama for a military museum. I need it to have some M4A3E8s in the scene, it will be 2-4 tanks per side. I am looking for any credible in formation on specific battles or engagements involving US M4A3E8 tanks, at least one with other tanks are ok too. I can just make up a fictional/history based scenario of the correct time period, like a depction somwhere on the late West Front but would like to copy a general script/scene if possible. I know it wasnt produced until 1944.
Thanks for any help.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 27 Apr 17, 12:48
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
https://thedailybounce.net/2017/02/2...tats-pictures/
Old 28 Apr 17, 14:49
Captain
Denmark
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

cbo has demonstrated strength of character [100] cbo has demonstrated strength of character [100] cbo has demonstrated strength of character [100] cbo has demonstrated strength of character [100] cbo has demonstrated strength of character [100] cbo has demonstrated strength of character [100] cbo has demonstrated strength of character [100] cbo has demonstrated strength of character [100] cbo has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc93 View Post
Hi all, I dont post here much, mostly just read. I am a professional modeler and looking for some help as I know WW2 history well but cant find specific battles with this tank. I am building a large scale diorama for a military museum. I need it to have some M4A3E8s in the scene, it will be 2-4 tanks per side. I am looking for any credible in formation on specific battles or engagements involving US M4A3E8 tanks, at least one with other tanks are ok too. I can just make up a fictional/history based scenario of the correct time period, like a depction somwhere on the late West Front but would like to copy a general script/scene if possible. I know it wasnt produced until 1944.
Thanks for any help.
According to Zaloga, the first M4A3E8s were issued during the Ardennes fighting in December 1944. One of the first formations to get the new tank was the 4th Armored Division, 37th Tank Battalion, but they seem to have been issued across the board in the following months. Other users were 14th Armored Division, 12th Armored Division, 11th Armored Division, 6th Armored Division. There is a number of pictures taken from the latter divisions entry into the village of Oberdorla in Germany on April 4th 1945:

Old 29 Apr 17, 00:13
Lieutenant General
France
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200] JBark is walking in the light [200]
Zaloga has numerous books which might help. Go to his stuff on Amazon and you'll find his primary hardcover on the M4 as well as numerous Vanguard type books on the M4. He also has a pair of picture books on the M4 which could be helpful in coming up with a good diorama for the vehicle.

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!
Old 29 Apr 17, 07:50
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
This may have some appropriate pix: http://www.history.army.mil/html/boo...2-3/index.html

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!