StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > The Middle East > Gaza Conflicts

Notices and Announcements

Gaza Conflicts Discuss the series of conflicts between Israel and Gaza militants.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Mar 17, 17:25
Lieutenant Colonel
EU
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99]
Israeli posters

Hi,I need some help in the research for a book.Any Israeli poster willing to help.PM me,please.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 20 Mar 17, 05:23
Lieutenant Colonel
EU
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grishnak View Post
Hi,I need some help in the research for a book.Any Israeli poster willing to help.PM me,please.
.o
Old 20 Mar 17, 05:48
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
afaik we have no active Israeli posters. At the high point we had 1 and a half.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 20 Mar 17, 06:47
Lieutenant Colonel
EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
Dam it.
Old 20 Mar 17, 10:12
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Well one does not need an Israeli to learn about Israel. Plenty of non Chinese folk no more about Chinese history then Chinese citizens. Plenty of non Israelis know more about Israeli history then Israeli citizens.
Old 20 Mar 17, 10:24
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grishnak View Post
Dam it.
Are you on FB? I can PM the address of our best one if you are.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Old 20 Mar 17, 11:06
Lieutenant Colonel
EU

Yes. But I will have to think about that .Face book is s.........t and I only reveal my home page to people in my social circle,with further qualifications.
Old 07 Apr 17, 06:39
Lieutenant General
UK

Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
Yeah, those guys gave a really interesting dimension to the ME board. A shame they don't post anymore.
Old 29 Sep 17, 08:19
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800]
It is obvious why they no longer post .
Old 05 Oct 17, 13:57
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100] Stonewall_Jack has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Iljadw my question to you is do you support the policies of Israel? The Israeli gov is intolerant evidenced in its family laws.. Now you have called out not only Muslim governments Iljadw but you have also said all Muslims are responsible for ISIL actions.. Otoh I can see that Israel is not representative of all Jews the diff is that their is only one Jewish state and that is Israel. You complain heavily about Muslims in general no diff then complaining about Jews in general but still I will hear you out and counter your arguments instead of personally attacking you or your world views.

The fact is that there are over 50 Muslim majority countries and at least 2 Tunisia and Turkey allow interfaith marriage where as Israel does not allow interfaith marriage. Yes bad Muslims exist, bad Catholics exist we hear about it all the time...but percentage wise if you look at Israel a large portion of the worlds Jews live in Israel and while many Israeli Jews disagree with the Israeli gov many Israeli Jews support the Israeli gov its a similar situation in Saudi Arabia. In the past many Catholics and Muslims did bad, but today wrt the 3 religions of Abraham its Israeli Jews that need to improve more so then do non Israeli Jews, or Muslims and Christians. We all have our own opinions and in a civil setting one can air these opinions peacefully... now percentage wise a large chunk of Israeli Jews do not want their children marrying non Jews...this is a serious issue and causes division within society. The mere fact that a self proclaimed free democratic state such as Israel has inhumane family laws shows us that the view that Israel is the only democracy in the middle east to be a sham. Its 2017, Tunisia beat out Israel in family laws its high time Israel change its policies which would inevitably lead to an increase in inter faith marriage in Israel which would inevitably lead to more peace between Israels and Palestinians. No group religious or so called race, has the high ground on morals and crime or intolerant ideologies can effect anyone. I would perhaps agree with you that its important to call out individuals whom try and say this or that group is a persecuted group and we can not talk in a bad manner about them. Its almost like criticism of Israel, Saudi Arabia, the USA, etc is a uncomfortable topic for some, it never should be for if it is its a moral injustice

You talk alot about a Muslim lobby in the USA Iljadw, well I for one do not believe their is a Muslim or Jewish lobby in my country. I am not against Zionists and I am not against Judaism, this runs in total contrast to the views you have presented on Islam , Muslims in general and Muslim political ideologies. So I would welcome a Zionist to America so long as the Zionist believed in freedom. The question I purpose to you is would you welcome a self proclaimed Salafi Muslim to your country whom also believed in the same freedom as the Israeli Zionist?

Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 05 Oct 17 at 14:08..
Sponsored Links

Old 05 Oct 17, 15:42
General of the Forums
Belgium

Muslims do not believe in freedom, because freedom and Islam exclude each other .

(Individual ) freedom is something that has been invented by western philosophers,made public by the Founding Fathers, and is still opposed/ considered as secundary by the majority of the world population .

You live in a tower of ivory where you have built a Wolkenkukucksheim ( a castle in the air) and where you try to adapt reality to your theories . This is because you have no notion of how people outside the US are living and thinking :history of Europe and other continents is a repetition of wars, invasions and occupations and of populations who choose the only realistic solution = to adapt to the winner of the moment and to support him, as long as he improves their living conditions : if in exchange they must give up freedom (which they never had) ,they will do it .

During and after the Stalin period, the citizens of the SU had not much or even no freedom, but their living conditions became better, and that was decisive . Under Yeltsin, the Russians had (western) freedom, but the economy was a disaster,under Putin they have less freedom but the living conditions are better . The choice was quickly made . It was the same for the rest of Europe .

It was the same during the Third Reich, it is even the reason why Kim is still ruling North Korea .

About the ME : the fact is that in almost all Muslim countries , non Muslims are persecuted (even in Turkey and Tunesia) while non Jews (christians, Muslims ) are not persecuted in Israel .

It is also the fact that in non Muslim countries,where are living a lot of Muslims, the non Muslims are victims of attacks by Muslims, but not of attacks by Jews .

It was a Muslim who, in the name of Allah,murdered 49 people in Orlando : they were not murdered by a Jew who killed them in the name of Jahweh .
When Muslims are coming in districts of Brussels, the non Muslims leave,when Jews are coming, the non Jews remain .

Last point : I see that you are again use as "argument " that Israel is not allowing interfaith marriages , although you have been corrected in the past : Israel allows interfaith /civil marriages who were concluded out of Israel . And, since 2010 the Civil Union Law allows 2 persons to marry civilly ,if both are registered as officially not belonging to any religion .
10% of the marriages in Israel are interfaith marriages, while interfaith marriges in Tunesia were allowed only last month .

Last edited by ljadw; 05 Oct 17 at 15:51..
Old 05 Oct 17, 17:00
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljadw View Post
Muslims do not believe in freedom, because freedom and Islam exclude each other .

(Individual ) freedom is something that has been invented by western philosophers,made public by the Founding Fathers, and is still opposed/ considered as secundary by the majority of the world population .

You live in a tower of ivory where you have built a Wolkenkukucksheim ( a castle in the air) and where you try to adapt reality to your theories . This is because you have no notion of how people outside the US are living and thinking :history of Europe and other continents is a repetition of wars, invasions and occupations and of populations who choose the only realistic solution = to adapt to the winner of the moment and to support him, as long as he improves their living conditions : if in exchange they must give up freedom (which they never had) ,they will do it .

During and after the Stalin period, the citizens of the SU had not much or even no freedom, but their living conditions became better, and that was decisive . Under Yeltsin, the Russians had (western) freedom, but the economy was a disaster,under Putin they have less freedom but the living conditions are better . The choice was quickly made . It was the same for the rest of Europe .

It was the same during the Third Reich, it is even the reason why Kim is still ruling North Korea .

About the ME : the fact is that in almost all Muslim countries , non Muslims are persecuted (even in Turkey and Tunesia) while non Jews (christians, Muslims ) are not persecuted in Israel .

It is also the fact that in non Muslim countries,where are living a lot of Muslims, the non Muslims are victims of attacks by Muslims, but not of attacks by Jews .

It was a Muslim who, in the name of Allah,murdered 49 people in Orlando : they were not murdered by a Jew who killed them in the name of Jahweh .
When Muslims are coming in districts of Brussels, the non Muslims leave,when Jews are coming, the non Jews remain .

Last point : I see that you are again use as "argument " that Israel is not allowing interfaith marriages , although you have been corrected in the past : Israel allows interfaith /civil marriages who were concluded out of Israel . And, since 2010 the Civil Union Law allows 2 persons to marry civilly ,if both are registered as officially not belonging to any religion .
10% of the marriages in Israel are interfaith marriages, while interfaith marriges in Tunesia were allowed only last month .

Well I always answer your questions can you answer mine as to further our conversation?

I have two questions that are crucial to our conversation,

Do you agree with the policies of Israel, in other words do you admire the Israeli gov?

Are you for banning Salafi Muslims whom support the same freedoms as Israeli Zionists from entering your country? The glaring difference between our views if that you speak against Muslims in general, as opposed to Muslim majority governments to which point I am not against Jews in general but I have always and will always hear you out.

To your last point Israel does not allow civil marriage, this is a basic fact involving Israel and it is the main point of why I as a freedom loving Christian will not support the Israeli gov.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/why-is...age-in-israel/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_in_Israel

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/art...age-in-israel/

To your other points. The criminal mindset of so many Jews in Israel whom support the intolerant policies of Israel # in the millions, that is why to this day interfaith marriage is not allowed in Israel, and why to this day their are segregated neighborhoods by religion in Israel. You admit your self Turkey and Tunisia allow interfaith marriage where as Israel does not. Now their are terrible terror attacks committed by non Muslims and Muslims across the world, also Jews in Israel and worldwide have committed crimes ie assault, small arms robbery, etc just like any other group. Percentage wise though due to the many intolerant Jews of Israel there are perhaps a higher # of intolerant Jews when compared to intolerant Muslims and Christians..again because Israel the only Jewish state has intolerant policies as does Saudi and other Muslim majority countries. So on its face countries like Israel, Lebanon and Jordan are more free then Saudi Arabia, but I would elevate Turkey above all of these countries in terms of freedom. Israeli faces militant issues as does Turkey but hey Turkey allows Muslim women to marry Jewish men.
Old 05 Oct 17, 17:22
General of the Forums
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Do you agree with the policies of Israel, in other words do you admire the Israeli gov?

Are you for banning Salafi Muslims whom support the same freedoms as Israeli Zionists from entering your country?

To your last point Israel does not allow civil marriage, this is a basic fact involving Israel

To your other points. The criminal mindset of so many Jews in Israel whom support the intolerant policies of Israel # in the millions, that is why to this day interfaith marriage is not allowed in Israel, and why to this day their are segregated neighborhoods by religion in Israel. You admit your self Turkey and Tunisia allow interfaith marriage where as Israel does not. Now
1) NOT in other words :agree with the policies of Israel is NOT admiring the Israelian government

2 ) Criminal mindset of so many Jews,
is only pure ANTISEMITISM ,and Julius Streicher would be proud on you . I : not

3) I do NOT admit that Turkey and Tunesia allow interfaith marriage : I did NOT mention Turkey

4 ) I repeat : Israel allows civil and interfaith marriages .

5 ) Israel allows Jewish men to marry with Muslim women .
Old 05 Oct 17, 17:54
General of the Forums
France

sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] sebfrench76 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The duelists at work.
Fascinating.
Old 05 Oct 17, 17:55
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljadw View Post
1) NOT in other words :agree with the policies of Israel is NOT admiring the Israelian government

2 ) Criminal mindset of so many Jews,
is only pure ANTISEMITISM ,and Julius Streicher would be proud on you . I : not

3) I do NOT admit that Turkey and Tunesia allow interfaith marriage : I did NOT mention Turkey

4 ) I repeat : Israel allows civil and interfaith marriages .

5 ) Israel allows Jewish men to marry with Muslim women .
Friend Israel does not allow civil marriage or interfaith marriage. A couple in Israel ie a Jewish man and Christian women have to effectively travel to a diff country to get married and they are then allowed back into Israel. I showed the links in any event, Israel does not allow civil or inter faith marriage, I showed the links your just writing words to which its impossible to prove your 4TH and 5th points.

As for Turkey you did mention Turkey itt, you said,

-Iljadw

To that point Israeli Christians and Muslims are discriminated against by the Israeli gov but so are Israeli Jews against the interfaith marriage ban discriminated against by the Israeli gov laws.

Yes, clearly many Israeli Jews have a criminal mindset as do many Saudi Muslims...this is evidenced by the support that millions of Israeli Jews have for the intolerant Israeli politicians whom are upholding the block of interfaith marriage and contributing to division within Israel between religious groups. I am for the allied cause of WW2, idc about being told my views are inline with the Third reich as my views are not inline with the Third Reich. Otoh in this very thread you speak against Muslims in general as opposed to speaking out against Isil or Muslim majority governments.
Closed Thread

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!