StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion

Notices and Announcements

American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion Military history of North America. .

Old 16 Sep 17, 09:32
Brigadier General
United_States

Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massena View Post
I sincerely doubt that Nazis can be classed as Christians, not only were they mass murderers, they were against the Christian religions (yes, there are more than one and it isn't monolithic), they vigorously persecuted Christian clergy, many of whom ended up in either concentration or death camps.

And just how were the middle ages 'much better for all three groups'?
and it was a very small percentage
and, of course, they were not truly Christians if they murdered
so Christians killing 6 million is total crapola--come on Stoney--that's just plain ridiculous...
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:48
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
agree...this is logical and cannot be denied
Do you actually understand what 'freedom of religion' means and why it is part of the Bill of Rights?
To strive to seek to find and not to yield.
Old 16 Sep 17, 09:57
Brigadier General
United_States

Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Do you actually understand what 'freedom of religion' means and why it is part of the Bill of Rights?
what's your point? what are you talking about?
I was agreeing with you
..no--I'm a dumbA&& and I don't understand...unlike you
please explain it to me--
Old 16 Sep 17, 10:55
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
what's your point? what are you talking about?
I was agreeing with you
..no--I'm a dumbA&& and I don't understand...unlike you
please explain it to me--
Your response was not to any of my postings, but to the comment by Poor Old Spike:

'Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike
Just my 2 cents but I'm sure that when the Founding Fathers spoke of "freedom of religion" they didn't mean letting religions into the country who hate our guts..'

And that prompted my posting.
Old 16 Sep 17, 11:04
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:
Your response was not to any of my postings, but to the comment by Poor Old Spike:

'Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike
Just my 2 cents but I'm sure that when the Founding Fathers spoke of "freedom of religion" they didn't mean letting religions into the country who hate our guts..'

And that prompted my posting.
my mistake--you are correct on post sequence
but--Spike is obviously correct
that doesn't have anything to do with freedom of religion
Sponsored Links

Old 16 Sep 17, 11:19
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
my mistake--you are correct on post sequence
but--Spike is obviously correct
that doesn't have anything to do with freedom of religion
I disagree. Lumping an entire religion into that type of category is wrong and factually incorrect.

And it has everything to do with freedom of religion.
Old 16 Sep 17, 13:00
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:
I disagree. Lumping an entire religion into that type of category is wrong and factually incorrect.

And it has everything to do with freedom of religion.
he said they wouldn't want religions in that hate us--generally speaking yes?
and this only makes sense....
the Constitution, rule books, laws are really ''guide'' books...they can't cover every situation
..if a religion is known to hate America and American values, that would be nonsensical to let them in....it's freedom of religion, not freedom to hate
Old 16 Sep 17, 19:26
Sergeant Major
UK

jf42 is on the path to success [1-99] jf42 is on the path to success [1-99] jf42 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Islam was started by Mohammed as a religion to unite Arab tribes into a war of conquest. Mohammed himself was both a merchant and a soldier and his wars of conquest ranged into the middle east and across North Africa.
What evidence is there to tell us that the prophet Mohammad PBUH had conceived a plan to found a religion and use it as a vehicle for Arab unification and conquest?

Given that what we know of his thoughts was written down after his death and those compositions assert categorically that his actions were the result of divine revelation in order to bring the faithful to accept the one God and surrender to his power, I should be surprised to find such a Machiavelian goal was recorded by his followers.

The Prophet died before the final unification of the Arab peoples in the peninsula made possible the first invasion of Syria, let alone the conquest of the Middle East or North Africa. While his followers of course claimed to be carrying out his , or rather, God's will, we don't have his guiding presence to corroborate whether the succeeding wars of conquest were indeed his plan or not.
Old 16 Sep 17, 22:11
Lieutenant General
United_States

wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300]
Does the religion reflect the culture or the culture the religion.

The two religions that break the mold and transcend culture are Buddhism and Christianity.
Old 17 Sep 17, 01:58
Lieutenant Colonel
UK
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
..Christians killed 6 million Jews in the holocaust..
If Adolf was a Christian, I'm Mary Poppins..
Old 17 Sep 17, 04:11
Sergeant Major
UK

jf42 is on the path to success [1-99] jf42 is on the path to success [1-99] jf42 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
If Adolf was a Christian, I'm Mary Poppins..
He did have help
Old 17 Sep 17, 04:58
General
UK
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
Yes Christianity brought immense benefits to the world....to Africa, South America and North America for example...

Contrary to the viewpoint that the Spanish were all bloodthirsty criminals....I have shown here on ACG documented fact that there were positive relations between Catholic Spaniards and the locals of the Americas. Ill alawys stand by Hernan Cortes....but the jury is still out for me on Columbus.
Oh?
Care to name the benefits then?
Africa is still a place in which christians tell the natives that ' Yes, aids is bad but condoms are a lot worse'.
I can't honestly think of one single thing that any religion has brought to anyone that has actually improved their lot, can you.....really?

Be specific now.

I would also venture the opinion that those Spaniards that did show some respect to the indigenous South Americans done so in spite of rather than because of their faith.
Old 17 Sep 17, 05:08
General
UK
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf42 View Post
What evidence is there to tell us that the prophet Mohammad PBUH had conceived a plan to found a religion and use it as a vehicle for Arab unification and conquest?

Given that what we know of his thoughts was written down after his death and those compositions assert categorically that his actions were the result of divine revelation in order to bring the faithful to accept the one God and surrender to his power, I should be surprised to find such a Machiavelian goal was recorded by his followers.

The Prophet died before the final unification of the Arab peoples in the peninsula made possible the first invasion of Syria, let alone the conquest of the Middle East or North Africa. While his followers of course claimed to be carrying out his , or rather, God's will, we don't have his guiding presence to corroborate whether the succeeding wars of conquest were indeed his plan or not.
The man was a warrior, it is abundantly clear that his aim was riches and death to his opponents, as one would expect from any warrior.

His 'revelations' were almost definitely the result of seizures, perhaps some form of epilepsy and his 'teachings' have led to nothing but death, destructions and enslavement.
He used his physical ailment to convince his credulous followers that every episode was a 'message from god', not a bad idea really if you want a bunch of thickos to follow you.

You attempt to divorce this small and inconsequential man from his legacy by saying that 'well he was dead by then' but what you do not state is that those latter day followers followed him to the letter of his word and they still do.

The legacy of his cult is currently one of mankind's greatest problems.
Old 17 Sep 17, 07:44
Colonel
United_States

nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99]
^ so was moses infact he was an idol of muhammad
If muhammad had epilepsy, Abraham had schizophrenia trying to kill his own son because of voices ! Seriously

Europeans need to rid themselves of all these 3 desert religions.They need to go back to their roots
No middle eastern people in Europe or America ....Muslim or yazidi or Christian.Fix your own countries first, we will sell you weapons

It is abundantly clear Quran was written by ex jew zayd bin thabit....he was the official scribe hence the glorification of old testemant characters

Last edited by nastle; 17 Sep 17 at 08:06..
Old 17 Sep 17, 07:50
Colonel
United_States

nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf42 View Post

So you deny the seerah and hadith in your attempt to defend muhammad ?
So none of muhammad caliphs were true to his version of Islam?.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!