StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion

Notices and Announcements

American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion Military history of North America. .

Old 19 Sep 17, 05:39
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jf42 View Post
By saying that "Islam was neither conceived or practiced as a 'religion of peace'" - (I'm not sure why you set that last phrase in quotation marks)- how do you think that Islam was conceived?
The religion was conceived as a unifying force by Mohammed and then used as a tool for conquest. The results of the Moslem conquest tend to confirm that idea.
To strive to seek to find and not to yield.
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:42
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
What, you're saying the Encyclopaedia Britannica map showing Christianity as the biggest game on the park is wrong?
Here, have a nice slice of pie instead..
PS- or if you're referring to Jesus's "this generation shall not pass away" quote, it could refer to the whole generation of humankind from Adam to the distant future. That's why people never said "that's a lie"..

That first map shows whole countries as solid blocks, ignoring differences within the country. That's another way to lie.

And your lie chart show that Christianity is a minority religion as well. You people need to think about the **** you post.
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:36
Sergeant Major
UK

jf42 is on the path to success [1-99] jf42 is on the path to success [1-99] jf42 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post
Either that map is flawed, or Hitler was a Christian though, ...

We'd all have been better off if this entire Abrahamic mess had stayed in the desert, where it belongs imho.
Hell of a lot of churchgoers, I see, in the Arctic, Greenland and Siberia, not to mention the Amazon and the Australian outback...
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:38
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Hell of a lot of churchgoers, I see, in the Arctic, Greenland and Siberia, not to mention the Amazon and the Australian outback...
And not even one percent are TRUE CHRISTIANS!!!! Just ask my snake-handler relatives.
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:40
Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post

We'd all have been better off if this entire Abrahamic mess had stayed in the desert, where it belongs imho.
Exactly
Sponsored Links

Old 19 Sep 17, 07:42
Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99] nastle is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massena View Post
The religion was conceived as a unifying force by Mohammed and then used as a tool for conquest. The results of the Moslem conquest tend to confirm that idea.
Just like Israelites in the holy land
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:29
Sergeant Major
UK

jf42 is on the path to success [1-99] jf42 is on the path to success [1-99] jf42 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
The religion was conceived as a unifying force by Mohammed
How do you know that?
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:36
General
UK
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400] flash has a spectacular aura about [400]
Yes,great swathes of the planet can easily be coloured in blue as Christian but are they really?
I'm from 'christian' Britain which is part of 'christian' Europe but what part does this organisation play in our lives and would we want it to anyway?

The black parts of the map are mainly theocracies, the worst form of government known to man and they are all Islamic, they mean business and shading a portion of a map blue and a portion black does not tell the whole story.
For instance, I'd wager that there are more mosque attendees in any one of the black countries than church goers in the whole of blue Europe combined.

I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of my fellow countrymen when I say that religion of any form is an absolute irrelevance, indeed, worse than that, it has trapped so much money and property for itself , resources that the poorer part of society desperately needs.

I believe that if all churches, mosques, synagogues etc were shut down tomorrow and their vast wealth made available to the needy then they would have at least gone out in the style they claim for themselves and our lives would carry on exactly as they do now.

Religion is an irrelevance and a distraction for those striving to make the world a better place.

Not all religions are inherently evil though, janism can't be described thus but some are more evil than others.

If this had been the 1930's I would claim catholicism to be the most despicable of them but it is not, it is 2017 and currently the top spot for daftest and 'baddest' is islam.
I'm sure that in 50 years time something else will knock it off the top spot but for the time being islam is the villain.

The decline of christianity is a palpable occurrence in this country and one to be celebrated in full but I fear that we may throw the daft old beliefs out only to have them replaced by a much worse one.
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:37
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
How do you know that?
Jesus said it, I believe it. End of story.
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:53
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
(...)
If this had been the 1930's I would claim catholicism to be the most despicable of them but it is not, it is 2017 and currently the top spot for daftest and 'baddest' is islam.
I'm sure that in 50 years time something else will knock it off the top spot but for the time being islam is the villain.
That I can agree with.

Quote:
The decline of Christianity is a palpable occurrence in this country and one to be celebrated in full but I fear that we may throw the daft old beliefs out only to have them replaced by a much worse one.
Islam - in Europe at least - doesn't have the same favourable set of circumstances Christianity had during its development though, most notably the absence of a functioning nation state, illiteracy, general lack of education....

Even then it took centuries.

Ignorance breeds religion.

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Last edited by Snowygerry; 19 Sep 17 at 09:13..
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:06
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Massena has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Jesus said it, I believe it. End of story.
Since Jesus predated Mohammed and Islam by about six centuries, I doubt it.
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:49
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Since Jesus predated Mohammed and Islam by about six centuries, I doubt it.
I think Mohammed actually existed, so the gap would be even greater.
Old 19 Sep 17, 10:54
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
I think Mohammed actually existed, so the gap would be even greater.
Both Jesus and Mohammed are historical figures, so they both actually existed.

Old 19 Sep 17, 11:03
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
I certainly will and put you on ignore until your ''facts'' are not so far out into space
Ignore me if you will. But would it not be better for you to explain why you disagree with my points itt? The issue is you clearly can not present a valid counterargument to the facts I have brought forth. In a debate setting an argument is lost when one resorts to personal attacks and continued rude behavior which is what your engaging in itt. I have posted information and in response you have posted complaints.
Join the Templars-http://www.knightstemplarorder.org/
Old 19 Sep 17, 11:05
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastle View Post
Zanj uprising

Mukhtar uprising

2 examples of race based politics the main factor in Muslim civil wars

Can't understand howyou defend religious fascism
Billions in this world view religion in a positive manner. It is a valid talking point to suggest Islam or any religion is great, if you disagree np. But that said suggesting to me that I defend religious fascism would be akin to me saying you are from Mars, Why? Simply because I said it.
Join the Templars-http://www.knightstemplarorder.org/
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!