StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Russia, Central Asia, and The Caucasus > Ukrainian Crisis

Notices and Announcements

Ukrainian Crisis Discuss the unfolding crisis in Ukraine.

Old 12 Feb 17, 05:34
RKKA in World War II Forum CO
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
Another one outlived his Kremlin usefulness. Givi joins his pal Motorola.
Givi was a real soldier. Ukrainians uses tactics of point murders of republic commanders. They sends dozens of wrecker groups to republic territories. THe last one in 3 men was lost by them on minefield just today.
Old 16 Feb 17, 18:07
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
No, re-read what I wrote. I was intrigued that you used a Western source when usually these are usually presented as inherently unreliable. Or, to put it another way, do you agree that Western [sic] sources might be reliable?
I have quoted and separated the wheat from the chaff in Western sources here in this forum subsection before. Check out the "Putin=Stalin" thread, for example, and there were a few more I don't remember exactly. One can trust verified facts in any article, and there is no reason they would completely invent a story about a Ukrainian commander openly bragging his "creeping offensive". This is not the way Western propaganda works. However, when it comes to analytics on Russia, it is often far more biased anything one can find on RT.

Quote:
Please indicate the invective that I used. From someone who believes 'butt-hurt' raises the tone of a conversation, that is amusing.
I've already done that.

Quote:
An 8 year old with an unusually high degree of equipment knowledge. I suppose that the people of Crimea also welcomed the little green men that were denied to be - then admitted to be - Russian soldiers. Or is that simply a Western [sic] 'propaganda fail'?
What indicated her unusually high degree of knowledge? Here is the video:

You're so laughably biased you are making shyte up about this girl as a "Russian plant" while she had lived in the USA since very early age and only visited her relatives in Ossetia in 2008 for a short time. For all the embarrassment of FoxNews and the US establishment, itching to blame Russia of all mortal sins and having such an unexpected monkey wrench thrown in its works, no one ever insinuated the girl of being a "Russian spy" as you do. Get a grip, man, and stop making a complete fool of yourself.

As for Crimea, I have no idea why you mentioned it here, so whatever.

Well, since you failed to write anything on the subject matter after several posts, I'm afraid I'll have to ignore you in the future. You can go to Youtube and enjoy personal remarks and red herrings, there you will find plenty of likeminded people to humour you. I've grown a bit too old for this, as much as I will miss your effervescent wit, vast knowledge of solid well-established facts and razor sharp judgement.

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour
Old 16 Feb 17, 19:01
Major General
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Well, since you failed to write anything on the subject matter after several posts, I'm afraid I'll have to ignore you in the future. You can go to Youtube and enjoy personal remarks and red herrings, there you will find plenty of likeminded people to humour you. I've grown a bit too old for this, as much as I will miss your effervescent wit, vast knowledge of solid well-established facts and razor sharp judgement.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I'll get round to replying in detail at some stage, but the fact that the denied-then-acknowledged Russian invasion of Crimea, the still denied but clearly evident heavy Russian support of the pro-Russian Ukrainian separatists and the ongoing Russian belief that their country is somehow an innocent party in a grand global / Western [sic] / Imperial conspiracy is pathetically amusing. Classic psycho ex-girlfriend syndrome; never forget an imagined slight, propensity to random acts of violence, convinced that it is all everyone else's fault.

Quote:
As for Crimea, I have no idea why you mentioned it here, so whatever.
You remember? Crimea that belonged to Ukraine? The land under Ukrainian juristiction and agreed protection of both Russia and third parties that your country invaded, lied about and then admitted. That Crimea, ring any bells?

Quote:
You're so laughably biased you are making shyte up about this girl as a "Russian plant"
No; and this is endemic of your issue with reality, borne possibly of deep discomfort with your country or an angry reaction wrapped around a kernel of guilt over recent activity in the Russian near abroad. Notice that I DID NOT say that she was a Russian plant. I said:

An 8 year old with an unusually high degree of equipment knowledge.

ie. she could discern with surprising accuracy the flow of the conflict going on around here. Now, as she says; 'I did not see any bombs falling' but 'We were running from Georgian troops' that is a little bit vague - most troops are a bit confused about who is shelling / bombing whom - but it would be surprising if she were both running from Georgian troops and that they were simultaneously bombing themselves. However, clearly if the view of an 8 year old suits your arguments then she is gospel. If she had said; 'Russian missiles' you would have ridiculed the use of such a patently flawed source.

See what I mean? Total inconsistency and bunker mentality.

Quote:
You're so laughably biased
You could not be further from the truth, but as long as you assume this of everyone who disagrees with you - despite the enormous holes in your story - you will continue live a self-fulfilling prophesy of isolation.

Pierre Vidal-Naquet
Old 18 Feb 17, 15:46
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Sami
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700] Erkki is a glorious beacon of light [700]
But is the issue really a girl, that likely was told by an adult what was going on. Who in turn might be a expert in intelligence analysis for all that is known or the reaction of the host that was interviewing her?

Max Sterner
Old 19 Feb 17, 03:05
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkki View Post
But is the issue really a girl, that likely was told by an adult what was going on. Who in turn might be a expert in intelligence analysis for all that is known or the reaction of the host that was interviewing her?
Everybody knew where the attack was coming from. She didn't even specify whether there were bombs or missiles or bullets. And it's been established by absolutely everyone the Georgians sharted firing MLRS missiles at the city.

Some people are so blinded with bias and prejudice they don't even realise how ridiculous they look, grasping at straws and trying to blame their "preferred designated Bad Guys" for everything.

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour
Sponsored Links

Old 02 Mar 17, 05:58
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400]
von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400]
Storm Bringer‏ @StormBringer15

24 WIA UAF soldiers transported to #Odessa for treatment from #Avdiivka area - 2 heavily wounded

The regime imposed a blackout on news, but you cannot conceal all evidence. Two dozen wounded ferried to a distant hospital on the other side of the country is partial confirmation of casualties. Two days ago there were 2.300 combats and shellings, that would amount to two hundred casualties. Rule of thumb divide number of "incidents" by ten. The math does add up every time.

And this goes on and on every day, week and month. It cannot last forever.

The Devil's Dictionary, Ambrose Bierce

http://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/

http://pinturasdeguerra.tumblr.com/

http://pinturasdeguerra-mar.tumblr.com/
Old 02 Mar 17, 06:50
General of the Forums
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Junzt View Post

And this goes on and on every day, week and month. It cannot last forever.
You've been saying that for so long now that your assumptions about the "Kiev regime" and it's strength must be wrong. Or something else, since the collapse has not happened and doesn't seem to be happening.
Old 03 Mar 17, 05:30
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400] von Junzt has a spectacular aura about [400]
This message is hidden because Karri is on your ignore list.

http://www.fort-russ.com/2017/03/ukr...ians-dont.html

Ukrainian Army Doctor: Ukrainians don't even want to know the real death count
March 2, 2017 - Fort Russ News -
RusVesna - translated by J. Arnoldski -

The Ukrainian military doctor, surgeon, and head of the Western Military Medical Clinic Center, Viktor Lovga, has accused the Kiev government of hiding losses among fighters in the so-called “Anti-Terrorist Operation” in Donbass.

“In order to avoid panic, the authorities are hiding real losses. In the period when I was in the ATO zone, the press wrote about, let’s say, five wounded, while we were carrying around 10-15 injured from the battlefield in a single day,” the surgeon revealed.

Lovga added: “Ukrainians are not ready to hear the real number of dead, missing, wounded, and maimed.”

The Ukrainian military doctor also recalled the painful problem of the so-called “best armed forces in Europe”: alcoholism: “It was easier to work during the first three mobilization waves. Then volunteers came who had ideas, passion. Now it’s more people being forced. The level of alcohol consumption has skyrocketed.”

Notes:

This comes from a Ukrainian nationalist from the Western part of the country, and he is understating seriously the losses.

Last edited by von Junzt; 03 Mar 17 at 05:43..
Old 04 Mar 17, 07:33
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Good summary of the latest developments.

http://www.unz.com/tsaker/the-donbas...izing-ukraine/

excerpt:

Let’s sum all this up:

1. The Urkonazis completely close down the unofficial border with Novorussia
2. Russia recognizes Novorussian documents
3. The DNR and LNR nationalize all the Ukrainian industry in the Donbass
4. The Ukronazis declare that the line of contact is now to be considered a border
5. The Novorussians declare that the Russian Ruble is the only legal currency in Novorussia
6. The Novorussians will now export their entire production of coal/anthracite to Russia
7. All the factories in Novorussia will no longer pay taxes to Kiev

I don’t know about you – but to me this sure looks like the DNR and LNR are cutting off their last ties to the Ukraine and the the junta in Kiev appears to go along with this plan.

Old 07 Mar 17, 14:14
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

After a relative lull through February, things keep getting worse and worse, until the last few days it was mostly infantry action, but artillery fire is now ramping up.

Previous record is more than 3.000 attacks on February 1st

Old 07 Mar 17, 18:21
Major General
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200] Bluenose is walking in the light [200]
Yet you insist on using partisan sources; not exactly a credible bedrock of any argument.

Still, good thing for the insurgents that heavy weapons and air defence happen to grown on trees, hey?

Pierre Vidal-Naquet
Old 24 Mar 17, 04:48
Lieutenant General
Russia

Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300]
Giant ammunition depot explosion at Kharkov, Ukraine:
https://www.rt.com/news/381933-ukrai...re-explosions/
Megadramatic footage on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpwEZ_9VLD8
Old 26 Mar 17, 17:58
Major
Croatia

Epigon is on the path to success [1-99] Epigon is on the path to success [1-99] Epigon is on the path to success [1-99] Epigon is on the path to success [1-99] Epigon is on the path to success [1-99] Epigon is on the path to success [1-99] Epigon is on the path to success [1-99]
Most explosive moment, commentary is pure gold.

Aftermath footage
Old 31 Mar 17, 06:49
Lieutenant General
Russia

Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300]
A colonel of the Ukrainian security service is killed as a result of car explosion in the Ukrainian city of Mariupol close to the Donbass front-line:
https://lenta.ru/news/2017/03/31/colonel/
I guess, a response to Motorola/Givi killings.
Old 31 Mar 17, 11:34
Brigadier General
Spain
5 Year Service Ribbon 

From Colonel Cassad, a biography of the slain, revealing the use of torture by the Ukrainian regime, the piece apparently is written by an Ukranian nationalist who disapproves of such methods, for the sake of convenience rather than any humanity it seems.

The Google translation is quite readable so I will not copypaste it, and just give the link

http://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/3329791.html

Summary:

Accordingly, Kharabyush could be killed for various reasons:

1. Criminal cases in which the dead (the actual looting, kickbacks, extortion) are implicated.
2. The DNR's reveng came for torture, bullying, and so on.
3. The SBU removes the evidence of a SBU officer doing dealings with"separatists."
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!