StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > East Asia and the Pacific

Notices and Announcements

East Asia and the Pacific China - Japan - Australia and challenges throughout East Asia.

Old 07 Feb 17, 07:17
General of the Forums
Philippines
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanh View Post
Sorry if I'm being rude, but I really don't understand how come after all that time your government still can't clean up this tiny force once and for all? You even have the US 's support while they have none?
IMHO, they must have some support from the people in order to survive that long.
No, you're not being rude. That's a good question. The long and short of it, lack of political will. There's always naysayers who say he their camps are destroyed they'll just play cat and mouse, and of course the possibility that some group(s) might be interested in the "forever war" can't be discounted.

Before, under the Estrada administration he went after the MILF. You can't believe how many "experts" came out with their opinion that either it just can't be done or it'll be too bloody. Well, (even without US help) our marines were able to capture Camp Abubakar. But, he was deposed two years into his term, and the camp was given back by the next administration.

Our new government is 7 months old only, and they're currently focused on wiping out the ASG and the Maute groups. Now, with the withdrawal of the NPA of the ceasefire and killing me soldiers our president has finally declared the NPA a terrorist organization, and has ordered all out war on them.

I was hoping for peace through negotiations, and had such high hopes specially when the first two rounds of talks went so well, and now no more talks. I'm honestly saddened by this current development.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!