StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > ARK - Survival Evolved

Notices and Announcements

ARK - Survival Evolved Ark Discussion & home of the DETH CLUSTER of servers

Old 25 Dec 16, 21:12
Private First Class
United_States

Poison is a balanced individual [0]
So I was informed that one of our tiny gathering bases was attacked, and oh boy was it attacked. They took everything we had in there. We were using that base as our current storage until we were able to relocate, so it had all of our structures waiting for us.

Until it got robbed.

As I'm scrolling through the logs of my things being destroyed I can't help but notice one of our dodos that were killed in the same time frame were killed by a different named tribe. Weird huh? I'm on frequently enough that I know who's online at what times.

Suddenly it comes to me. They changed their tribe name before they attacked my gathering base! (Of course trying to hide themselves)

So little old me has everyone's bases marked. I went and took a peek at the tribe I'm sure attacked us. Sure enough in one night they've expanded exponentially with what I could only assume to be the things they've taken from my base.

I go to my dino pen and I look at Tiny, my strongest rex. His new name is Karma. I ride him down the beach with one intent in my mind, kill everything.

As their base comes into sight, I see dozens of their tamed dinosaurs, dozens of rexes. As Karma strolls in, he couldn't wait. Not even 5 seconds of walking in, he takes a bite out of a rex and everything comes rushing for us. Karma doesn't care. 5 bites and the endless swarm of dinos quickly becomes a graveyard. Everything lays dead except for Karma and I.

I start to survey their base layout and I notice a weak spot, so I take the Rex over and chomp at it a little bit, and a hole opens up for me. I get to work and quickly. I break some chests open and find my materials and items sitting inside. I've decided that it's better off as an eye for an eye, and I take the c4 they had made and start using it against them, laying it out all over the hours of hard work they've spent creating this place they call a home. I jump back outside and detonate the hundred or so c4.

Boom, the base is nothing more than a dust of smoke. I run around collecting the bags of goodies it's dropped in the process, looking at everything and noticing how much of this stuff is mine, and notice they've been preparing for a small scale war.

As I'm collecting the bags, my rex starts to freak out, quickly noticing their members are coming online, and they're defended with rocket launchers. Karma shrugs it off, almost laughing at them after single handedly wiping their dino army and still having full health left.

Karma kills them in one swift bite, one after the other, after the other. He was made for this and he knows his duty and he knows it well. They give up shortly afterwards and they leave.

Moral of the story, if you're going to attack something,

Karma will come.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 26 Dec 16, 17:26
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
Nice! Any screens to share with us? What was the tribe name(s)?

Winston Churchill
Old 27 Dec 16, 04:44
Private First Class
United_States

It was Tribe of Joe1 and Jayker (2 raids back to back with 1 rex). And sadly no screenshots, everything was pretty fast paced and I was by myself so I didn't even think about stopping to enjoy the scenery of mass destruction.

It was pretty awesome though. I've been breeding an army of pteras for weeks, so when they attempted to fight back on a quetz my pteras got a free meal after I plucked him off his quetz and gave him a swift death.

Last edited by Poison; 27 Dec 16 at 05:34..
Old 27 Dec 16, 13:05
Private First Class
United_States

As much as I hate to say it though, those 2 tribes were pretty active players. I would have loved to see them grow and expand, but I'm pretty sure I made them leave after I raided them as revenge.
Old 27 Dec 16, 18:34
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
I'm thinking a lot of the slowdown in the holiday season - this is pretty typical stuff. That said, I hope after the holidays to see our population spike, as we really do need an influx of new blood!

Winston Churchill
Old 28 Dec 16, 12:54
Private First Class
United_States

Don't worry, apparently things got pretty heated on the server. Stretch messaged me on steam (got it on my phone) telling me Joe1 came online threatening. Not exactly sure of the details, it was pretty late in the night. Will update when I know what went down! Nothing of ours got attacked though.
Old 28 Dec 16, 12:57
Private
Canada

SirBungee is a balanced individual [0]
Totally agree well lets hope new year brings in some new players.

And hopefully players dont change thier tribes name just trying to be plain sneaky and they should be able to be strong enough not just go out total raiding a base and not to be expected be raided in return i seen players at lvl 90 raiding bases come on cant you wait till like 200 does not take long to lvl well thats my 2 cents

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!