As King, I gather all top brass who are infuriated with Mexico and want to do something about it. We discuss plan of actions, put to vote in congress to retaliate. If they don't accept, we already have a plan B which includes retaliating without them knowing about it. I will deal with the consequences after.
- Start training troops on naval warfare to include amphibious assaults, sabotage, explosives and warship operation.
- Find sympathizers within Mexico who are vehemently opposed to Mexico's unprovoked attack on a sovereign country. They will help setup logistics of certain operations around the country.
- Gather boats and artillery. I figure 2x 155 mm, 6x 105 mm and 12x 75 mm howitzers and field guns are a good mix of common pieces from WW1 and WW2. The fishing vessels will be used to be outfitted with as many inflatable rafts as possible. The two Sotoyomo-class fleet tugs will operate as mother ships. Two tankers and crew from a sympathetic countryman is donated who wants to strike back at Mexico. All ships filled to capacity with men and supplies.
- The fleet makes a course to Southern Texas as if going to be scrapped. At dark most of the fleet splits off at Coatzacoalcos, one tug, one tanker and all fishing boats break off they will sail up the Coatzacoalcos River and stop opposite bank of 18.124683, -94.419333. There we will unload the men, explosives and artillery. One piece every 100 feet for 2295 ft with 7 men per gun. 4 to fire, 3 to pull security. 140 men for the guns. 1000 shells. One team goes to the Coatzacoalcos shipyard to set explosives there. Then the divers will swim across to plant explosives. The explosives aren't fancy, so they may fail which is why they brought artillery just in case. What explosives doesn't sink, the artillery does in direct fire mode with HEAT and AP rounds at remaining ships. Secondary targets are buildings around dock and nearby Marines base. Their orders are to keep firing until the guns come under small arms and counter battery fire but to refrain from firing at civilian buildings. Once in contact they will order a retreat and booby trap the breeches and any left over ammo.
- The other tug and tanker sail on to Tampico. At dark explosive diver teams make their way up the Pánuco River to the Mexican destroyer responsible for attack. They land on the opposite bank and swim towards ship. Another team goes to the shipyard to set explosives there. Their orders are to stay until explosives blow. If unsatisfactory they will set more explosives until sunken or destroyed. These troops are the best of the best and were chosen for their loyalty and patriotism. They don't expect to live. If explosives work and they find they still have their lives, their orders are to retreat.
Meanwhile across the country I have my best infiltrators sent with only flags to replace all Mexican flags with my flags at:
HQ of the Secretariat of National Defense
HQ of the Naval Secretariat
HQ of the Gulf and Caribbean Sea Naval Force
HQ of Gulf of Mexico Naval Air Force
Heroica Escuela Naval Militar
Naval Aviation School
HQ of Campo Militar 1
HQ of Campo Militar 37-B
San Juan de Ulúa
San Carlos Fortress
Palace of Cortés, Cuernavaca
Fort of San Diego
Then a massive media upload of the Mexican destroyer's attack on my country to all media and social media outlets right before the attack. I will appeal to the world that what I did was only in retaliation for what Mexico did and how the world didn't care. I will emphasize the Mexico indiscriminately fired at civilian area while I concentrated on only military targets. Then I wait for response. I fully expect Mexico to search and sink my boats after they withdraw. I will strike all national markings from fishing boats and tankers but proudly fly our colors on the tugs with skeleton crews in order to be sacrificed, while the other boats scatter.