StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > ARK - Survival Evolved

Notices and Announcements

ARK - Survival Evolved Ark Discussion & home of the DETH CLUSTER of servers

Old 02 Dec 16, 22:14
Private First Class
United_States

Poison is a balanced individual [0]
Mod Suggestions

Since there was no thread, I thought I'd make one.

Please list benefits to each to provide the most interests in any and all suggestions. "Cuz I like it" is not a valid reasoning as to why a mod should have weight on its own.

ORP - Offline Raid Protection (I suggested this one a little while ago, whice has seen some fairly positive feedback)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=600705968

Benefits -
1.) Provides players with a form of "anti-raiding" to an extent. Players won't generally want to waste materials to offline raid.

2.) Keeps logs in tribe manager of who is attacking, this forms a log to point out any possibility of griefers and players that farm off of newer players.

3.) Provides alternatives to safeguard tames set to passive. All tames on passive when ORP kicks in gets invulnerability until a member in the tribe logs on. (This is especially useful to new players still adjusting to the server, just make sure to tell them to set the tames to passive when they log off!)

Cons -
1.) Multiple people may have entered the ORP field by accident and makes it impossible to differentiate who griefed if that was a situation that occured.

2.) Passive tame blocking. Not often an issue, but I've seen cases of someone blocking an entrance with a invulnerable passive tame to prevent any and all entrance to a base.

S+ - Structures Plus
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=731604991

Benefits -
1.) Provides alternatives to structures allowing more variation in base layout/struture.

2.) Allows the creation of traps/innovative creations. The doors on S+ have an auto-close feature. I've seen some interesting 2x2 houses set to lure people in with opaque glass walls for the sole purpose of trapping unsuspecting players.

Cons -
None. It adds extra building features without the replacement of any core features being nullified in the process. (If you think about the traps, that's a fairly strategic choice. If a player honestly gets baited into that, they had it coming.)

Will edit as needed, or add to it as it goes on. Wrote it on my phone, so only so much I can do with this method.

Edit - Added links/fixed typo.

Last edited by Poison; 03 Dec 16 at 13:12..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 03 Dec 16, 15:21
Private First Class
United_States

Joans Egg N Poop Collector (Joans Mods plays well with other mods, there's never issues about compatability)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=554678442

Benefits -

1.) Automatically collects poop and eggs dropped by dinos, and distributes it accordingly. Who doesn't like automation?

2.) Provides incubator for eggs for easier hatching. (Breeders paradise)

Cons -

1.) You don't get to enjoy the satisfaction of running around your base picking up the various excrement dropped by your dinos to create that sweet, sweet fertilizer.

Joans Death Helper
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=566885854

Benefits -

1.) Gives you your location of your corpse when you die. (No more aimless corpse searching)

2.) Allows you to retrieve your item cache if your body somehow glitches under the map or is unretrievable by terrain bugs.

3.) Provides "suicide potions". If you get stuck or maybe just mildly depressed, no more waiting to kill yourself, take a swig and enjoy the cold embrace of death itself.

Cons -

1.) What cons?

Meat Spoiler
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=569786012

Benefits -

1.) Spoils meat quickly and efficiently in bulk.

2.) Plays an upbeat tune for you to jam out to while you watch your massive amounts of raw meat spoil before your eyes.

3.) Tiny and compact, it fits practically anywhere.

Cons -

1.) Compatability with certain stacking mods can sometimes be an issue. (This is another Joan mod, so of course they have a stacking mod that works with it)

Last edited by Poison; 03 Dec 16 at 21:53..
Old 04 Dec 16, 16:07
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
Hey Poison, thanks for the posts!

We're going to implement ORP2 in the near future. I'm in the process of setting up a test server with a few ideas we wanted to try. And once I have that worked out, we'll add ORP2 and other mod(s).

I looked at S+ (and a few other building mods) just prior to setting up the server. You're very likely to see one of them come across at the same time as ORP2 goes live. We'll be testing some other mods as well, so keep the suggestions coming!

Winston Churchill
Old 10 Dec 16, 14:37
Private
Canada

TheMountain is a balanced individual [0]
I'm going to second S+ or similar. It would be great to see different looking bases other than all the metal boxes we have :P
Old 10 Dec 16, 22:04
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
I've finally got the test server functioning properly, and we'll be testing a building mod or two in there (along with other things!) We'll end up with one of them on the current cluster sometime in the near future.

Winston Churchill
Old 15 Dec 16, 19:01
Hero of ACG
Canada

Bungee and I have been looking at a couple of building mods in the test server. Aside from Structures+ which has already come up, what are your favorite building mods, and do you have any interesting screenshots of the bases you have constructed?

Winston Churchill
Old 27 Dec 16, 17:03
Private
Canada

SirBungee is a balanced individual [0]
Hey Survivors came across this mod Ark Postal Service APS for Short and the Author working on update hopefully by the 1st Jan. to able send items by mail also you can set your own address. when you access your mail box you can send your mail
so check out on steam see what you think
the Mail box has little flag when mail is there

Last edited by SirBungee; 28 Dec 16 at 02:58..
Old 28 Dec 16, 13:59
Private First Class
United_States

I'm more curious to what is on the raft.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!