StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > South Asia and World Terrorism

Notices and Announcements

South Asia and World Terrorism Discuss the War in Afghanistan, civil war in Pakistan, and events around the Indian sub-continent.

Old 29 Nov 16, 22:02
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
While we are give all religions equal respect ...

We need to bring back that ole-time Aztec "RELIGION", just not enough of bloody human sacrifices going on now.

And let's not forget that Thule/Vril derived spiritual belief system (religion) of the Nazis while we are at it. We need to honor, respect, and revitalize that one also.

Old 30 Nov 16, 02:42
General of the Forums
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800]
Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
Jihad= to fight ISIL...and this is a righteous and beneficial thing to say. Many brave Muslims and Christians have died in the fight against ISIL and Sergio you should post a statue of the Lionheart or Saladin in honor of the men and women who have died in the fight against ISIL. More will be posted later.
You want to see statues of a man who massacred thousands of prisoners or of another man who sold prisoners into slavery?

How does that honour those fighting against ISIL?

I know I should not feed the troll.

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
Grandad, Only Fools and Horses
Old 30 Nov 16, 02:48
General of the Forums
UK

Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G David Bock View Post
There is a Catch 22 here in that what was said to Muhammad by Allah can't be changed and the last of the revelations is very anti non-Muslim. The Koran is not arranged in order of revelation, but roughly longest to shortest of the chapters/Surah. Any later revelation that contradicts an earlier one is the one that was to apply, abrogation. Here's a link to the chronological order of the Koran;
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Chronologi...f_the_Qur%27an

Some of the relating passages of the Koran, addressing the mandate of (physical)Jihad(Holy War) and rewards for engaging in such, etc.;

[2.154] And do not speak of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead; nay, (they are) alive, but you do not perceive.
[2.216] Fighting is enjoined on you, and h is an object of dislike to you; and it may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows, while you do not know.
[4.74] Therefore let those fight in the way of Allah, who sell this world's life for the hereafter; and whoever fights in the way of Allah, then be he slain or be he victorious, We shall grant him a mighty reward.
[4.76] Those who believe fight in the way of Allah, and those who disbelieve fight in the way of the Shaitan. Fight therefore against the friends of the Shaitan; surely the strategy of the Shaitan is weak.
[4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.
[5.32] For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our apostles came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land.
[5.33] The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,
[8.38] Say to those who disbelieve, if they desist, that which is past shall be forgiven to them; and if they return, then what happened to the ancients has already passed.
[8.39] And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do.
[8.60] And prepare against them what force you can and horses tied at the frontier, to frighten thereby the enemy of Allah and your enemy and others besides them, whom you do not know (but) Allah knows them; and whatever thing you will spend in Allah's way, it will be paid back to you fully and you shall not be dealt with unjustly.
[9.29] Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.
[9.36] Surely the number of months with Allah is twelve months in Allah's ordinance since the day when He created the heavens and the earth, of these four being sacred; that is the right reckoning; therefore be not unjust to yourselves regarding them, and fight the polytheists all together as they fight you all together; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).
[33.26] And He drove down those of the followers of the Book who backed them from their fortresses and He cast awe into their hearts; some you killed and you took captive another part.
[33.27] And He made you heirs to their land and their dwellings and their property, and (to) a land which you have not yet trodden, and Allah has power over all things.
[47.4] So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners, and afterwards either set them free as a favor or let them ransom (themselves) until the war terminates. That (shall be so); and if Allah had pleased He would certainly have exacted what is due from them, but that He may try some of you by means of others; and (as for) those who are slain in the way of Allah, He will by no means allow their deeds to perish.
[47.5] He will guide them and improve their condition.
[47.6] And cause them to enter the garden which He has made known to them.
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/koran/browse.html
However, as you should well know there are Muslim countries that have banned things that were permitted by the Quran. So things that were allowed can and have been banned.

Old 30 Nov 16, 03:45
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
However, as you should well know there are Muslim countries that have banned things that were permitted by the Quran. So things that were allowed can and have been banned.
I'll agree and acknowledge that some facets of Islam "Dar-al -Islam" are making acceptable progress into the 21st Century of Human Society, but too many and most-parts still linger between 17th and 7th century.

Consider that I am an agnostic at best and atheist at most/worst per many member's views here, and half the time am serious and the other half jerking chains ...

But I have "skin in the game" in form of children ~ grandchildren ~ future progeny ~ and as a 'farmer'; dirt/Earth under the nails, to give me a vested interest in the future of this third rock from a star, and also member of a sentient species with Galaxtic Future of same; I'm working to ensure some continuity for the next century or so ...

Old 30 Nov 16, 15:31
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G David Bock View Post
While we are give all religions equal respect ...

We need to bring back that ole-time Aztec "RELIGION", just not enough of bloody human sacrifices going on now.

And let's not forget that Thule/Vril derived spiritual belief system (religion) of the Nazis while we are at it. We need to honor, respect, and revitalize that one also.

I noted that you posted the same message in another thread. I responded to you in that thread about the Aztecs so can we please continue that discussion in the other thread.

I also note your ilk likes to make up the viewpoints of others. I have heard you and exorcist for example say that liberals and the left shut down free speech such as shutting down A Hirsi Ali or Robert Spencer from providing their viewpoints. Well let me say I would welcome you, exorcist, Bwaha, and AJR to for example a presentation on Islam I was giving...or for example If I was the head of a think tank...I would allow you to come and give a speech critical of Islam. Therefore, In the future, please refrain from generalizing against the left, liberals, democrats, progressives, etc. When you generalize against the , left, liberals, democrats, progressives, etc.....folks have a right to actually at that point call you an offensive name as what you're doing is offensive. Unless that is you want a world where all democrats call the "right" offensive names or where all conservatives call the "left" offensive names.

When I and the 3 billion + Christians and Muslims of the world stand by Crusade, Jihad, Sharia law, and Canon law we get the schist thrown at us like you would never imagine. To have a Christian say hey the Crusaders were good people, Canon law demands equal treatment of others is what the world needs to hear. And the response should not be no your wrong about Canon law, the response should be well a breath of fresh air to see how you interpret Canon law. Yet we get called names, we have folks lie and make up our viewpoints. We have folks post pictures of cartoons mocking our viewpoints. Truth is we need you on our side, please David reconsider your views of Islam.

Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 30 Nov 16 at 15:46.. Reason: clarification
Old 30 Nov 16, 15:52
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Btw Sergio, Gixxer, AJR, Bwaha, Exorcist, G David Bock...my good friends,

I was banned from a Muslim forum some time ago because I got tired of seeing folks claiming to be Muslims saying all sorts of bad things about the United States, Christians, and Catholicism. So I started posting pro American, pro Islam and pro Christian views. Some of the Muslims on this forum(ummah.com) were good noble people following in the footsteps of the great Muslim Knights of the last 1400 years but others were diabolically offensive toward Christianity. A few of the Muslims on this board worked against me, called me names nonstop and eventually got me banned. But I am ever so happy and feel like I did the right thing even though I got banned for standing up for what I know to be Islam and Christianity. I cant imagine the day I allow a ISIL type Muslim to dictate to me what Islam is, as if I was to agree with an ISIL like Muslim on Islam... I can no longer call myself a Christian. As a Christian I am commanded to be nice to my neighbor(whether Christian or not)
Old 30 Nov 16, 22:46
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
Hitler interviews were published in the USA. Both Hitler and Bin Laden were severe enemies of the USA. David, the Muslims and Christians of the middle east desperately need anything they can get to help fight intolerance. It would be tremendous if you could use your skill to support the Muslims. There is no grand conspiracy here...there are Atheist Muslims in Syria...have been for centuries. There are Muslims in the middle east who drink alcohol. All these good peaceful Muslims need anything they can get to help fight intolerance and even a little thing such as arguing online that for example ISIL goes against ISIL helps out alot.
Meant to say

Quote:
arguing online that for example ISIL goes against Islam helps out alot.
Old 30 Nov 16, 22:57
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
You want to see statues of a man who massacred thousands of prisoners or of another man who sold prisoners into slavery?

How does that honour those fighting against ISIL?

I know I should not feed the troll.

As to the actual argument you are providing an unfair treatment to the Lionheart and Saladin. . We have monuments right here in the USA to King David and George Washington, who owned slaves. So theres that point. Have any other points to counter creating statues of Richard I and Saladin?

A documentary celebrating Richard the Lionheart and Saladin...ISIL would be thrown off by that. You know when Churchill, Stalin, and Roosevelt gave their speeches the most important thing was that it was Hitler who realized the jig was up...people were done taking the garbage from the Third Reich. Well Chickens are coming home to roost,,ISILs days are numbered.
Old 01 Dec 16, 14:16
General of the Forums
UK

Quote:
Btw Sergio, Gixxer, AJR, Bwaha, Exorcist, G David Bock...my good friends,

I was banned from a Muslim forum some time ago because I got tired of seeing folks claiming to be Muslims saying all sorts of bad things about the United States, Christians, and Catholicism. So I started posting pro American, pro Islam and pro Christian views. Some of the Muslims on this forum(ummah.com) were good noble people following in the footsteps of the great Muslim Knights of the last 1400 years but others were diabolically offensive toward Christianity. A few of the Muslims on this board worked against me, called me names nonstop and eventually got me banned. But I am ever so happy and feel like I did the right thing even though I got banned for standing up for what I know to be Islam and Christianity. I cant imagine the day I allow a ISIL type Muslim to dictate to me what Islam is, as if I was to agree with an ISIL like Muslim on Islam... I can no longer call myself a Christian. As a Christian I am commanded to be nice to my neighbor(whether Christian or not)
How many forums do you troll at? Sounds a bit worrying on a personal level.

Old 01 Dec 16, 14:35
Lieutenant General
United_States

Another way to help defeat ISIL is with history. ISIL and anti Muslim non Muslims severely dislike when one showcases the historical fact that Muslims and Christians have been getting along with each other ever since Muhammad first preached Islam some 1400 years ago. Its exactly the same with Christian antisemites...Christian anti semites get very upset when one talks about the glorious and heroic Jews of the ages...especially the herioic Soviet Jews.

One can imagine the frustration ISIL members and non ISIL bigots feel when they see Muslims, Jews, Atheists and Christians working together. Us multicultural people of the world, and we number in the billions..will never give up ...the chickens are coming home to roost...ISILs days are numbered.

This one article is a piece of Gold,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman...antine_culture

Without a doubt...The present day Iraqi Christians and Muslims are following in the footsteps of their great Crusader and Arab Knights.
Sponsored Links

Old 01 Dec 16, 14:41
Lieutenant General
United_States

Quote:
How many forums do you troll at? Sounds a bit worrying on a personal level.
Youd never act in such a disgraceful manner in a thread about American troops fighting back against ISIL. Your the same as the ISIL type Muslims who insult those who they disagree with. Please ask the moderators to delete that cartoon you posted in response to a thread detailing the herioic deeds of those Muslims and Christians fighting ISIL.

The chickens are coming home to roost. ISILs days are numbered and ISIL and anti Muslims alike are being proven wrong every single day.
Old 01 Dec 16, 16:15
General of the Forums
United_States

A horrifying look into the mind of 9/11’s mastermind, in his own words
“Then he looked at me and said, ‘How was I supposed to know that cowboy George Bush would announce he wanted us ‘dead or alive’ and then invade Afghanistan to hunt us down?’” Mitchell writes. “KSM explained that if the United States had treated 9/11 like a law enforcement matter, he would have had time to launch a second wave of attacks.” He was not able to do so because al-Qaeda was stunned “by the ferocity and swiftness of George W. Bush’s response.”

But KSM said something else that was prophetic. In the end, he told Mitchell, “We will win because Americans don’t realize . . . we do not need to defeat you militarily; we only need to fight long enough for you to defeat yourself by quitting.”

KSM explained that large-scale attacks such as 9/11 were “nice, but not necessary” and that a series of “low-tech attacks could bring down America the same way ‘enough disease-infected fleas can fell an elephant.’ ” KSM “said jihadi-minded brothers would immigrate into the United States” and “wrap themselves in America’s rights and laws” until they were strong enough to rise up and attack us. “He said the brothers would relentlessly continue their attacks and the American people would eventually become so tired, so frightened, and so weary of war that they would just want it to end.”

“Eventually,” KSM said, “America will expose her neck for us to slaughter.”

KSM was right. For the past eight years, our leaders have told us that we are weary of war and need to focus on “nation building at home.” We have been defeating ourselves by quitting — just as KSM predicted.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.a9306106a1d8
Old 01 Dec 16, 17:54
Lieutenant General
United_States

G David Bock and Sergio feel free to post whatever you want but please consider this...call me a troll all you want...but I beg you both to please support the Iraqis and Syrians in the fight against ISIL. ISIL and anti Muslim bullies are hurting the feelings of good Iraqis and Syrians....please guys we need you on our side.
Old 02 Dec 16, 15:05
Lieutenant General
United_States

I also wanted to let you, Mr Bock...know that Muslims are very fond of honey...its right up your ally.

Description: The Quran mentions about honey that it is a ‘healing for humankind’. This article elaborates some of the known benefits of honey.

The benefits of honey don’t just stop at the satisfaction of our taste buds. The powerful healing attributes of honey have long been used to promote health and healing. Both the holy Quran and Hadiths (Prophetic traditions) refer to honey as a healer of disease. In the Quran we read, “And thy Lord taught the bee to build its cells in hills, on trees and in people’s habitations… there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colors, wherein is healing for humankind. Verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought.” 

Additionally, in Sahih Bukhari we read that the Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, said: “Honey is a remedy for every illness and the Quran is a remedy for all illness of the mind, therefore I recommend to you both remedies, the Quran and honey.”

We can all imagine Muslims, Christians..you name it...who share a common interest in honey. Therefore honey is just one of millions of examples of things that bring peace and friendship between the various religious and various colors of humanity.

This honey part is an aspect of Islam-Jihad-Grand war against ISIL. One can imagine Muslims and Christians talking about each others religions in a friendly manner while extracting honey. This is common sense stuff that has to be used in conversation with folks who do post in a negative manner about religion or who continue to question a religion even though clearly nice religious people exist. I did the same for folks who vehemently despise Christianity...for example I will show how Christians and non Christians share similar interests and then go on to speak in a friendly manner about each others religions.
Old 02 Dec 16, 15:23
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I wonder if any of the keyboard warriors have had any lasting effect on isis or the jihadis? I read how Anonymous annoyed them for a bit but no lasting shut down of their web pages...

Just goes to show you that ponies and unicorns are of no use whatsoever...

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!