StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > ARK - Survival Evolved

Notices and Announcements

ARK - Survival Evolved Ark Discussion & home of the DETH CLUSTER of servers

Old 07 Nov 16, 19:44
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
Talking New Players - Say Hello!

This thread is for players (old & new) to drop in and say hello to your fellow survivors!

Tell us about about yourself - is this your first foray in Ark, or are you a hardened vet? Do you mostly play on official servers? If not, what settings attract you to the unofficial servers?

Personally, I love the higher level limit for both players and dinos - it's the reason why I started experimenting with unofficial servers.

Winston Churchill
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 08 Nov 16, 12:02
ACG Forums - canis administrationem
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admin note

Because of the constant bombardment of spambots we face, new user accounts may take a day or so to be screened and approved. New accounts are usually activated between 6 pm and 12 am daily.

Thanks for your patience, enjoy the site.

GCoyote
Forum Administrator

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.
Old 14 Nov 16, 20:08
Private
Canada

SirBungee is a balanced individual [0]
Hello Survivors i will be your Admin to help with any problems that arise. but other than that i'm an old fart but a gamer for many moons! and just like to have good social Gathering with new faces. Hopefully well get to know each other have fun i well be working on something special in ark i will post picture when im done so see you on flip side Sign Sirbungee
Old 19 Nov 16, 09:24
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
I purchased the game for PC in late June of 2015. I have seen a lot of changes in the game as new creatures have been added and features implemented. My original cave base on The Island has been in play at default settings for over a year with most of the tames done the hard way at 1X settings including a pair of Brontos. Later, I made use of the admin cheats to get in some impossible as single player or to tame once I dropped them with trancs.

On the day the Titanasaurs came into the game, I had to deal with this.

Thanks to the force tame cheat, I averted disaster to a year of work.

I rounded up all three of them where they now reside on the beach outside of the base.

I put that game in my archive when The Center became official, then Scorched Earth came out, a whole new gaming experience.

I have five stories posted in the Ark Official Community Forum in the Fan Fiction section under the name of rpicardi1. One story is two alternative endings for the fourth one. A six story "Naked and Afraid," is a work in progress.
Old 19 Nov 16, 16:43
Hero of ACG
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99] Mantis is on the path to success [1-99]
Yeah, the titanosaurs are monsters. I've seen a few up close, but have never tried to tame one yet. (Need a few quetzs, cannons and friends to help in that one!)

Good way to lay waste to metal structures... I'd like to see one in a fight with a handful of gigas - that would be something!

Winston Churchill
Old 19 Nov 16, 17:59
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
Yeah, the titanosaurs are monsters. I've seen a few up close, but have never tried to tame one yet. (Need a few quetzs, cannons and friends to help in that one!)

Good way to lay waste to metal structures... I'd like to see one in a fight with a handful of gigas - that would be something!
Or, if single player, you force tame it. There is a startup command that will allow you to feed one once tamed. Otherwise, they starve themselves to death.

Only three are supposed to be on a map at one time. There are four on my Island map. The three I rode back to my base and one on Dead Island.

Old 19 Nov 16, 18:51
Hero of ACG
Canada

Gorgeous. Do you have saddles on any of those?

Winston Churchill
Old 19 Nov 16, 21:58
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
Gorgeous. Do you have saddles on any of those?
No. If I load that map back in, I will use the admin cheat to get saddles for them now that that command is posted on the WIKI. My character is not yet at the level I need to get the engram to craft one even though I have the resources needed stored on the base. I'm not sure how the new cave update is going to affect what I have inside the cave entrance. I could end up losing the forge, smithy, and fabricator inside. I have moved most of the supplies out of it.

The game tame mechanics is interesting on them.
1. Knock them out by bashing them in the head with catapulted boulders or cannon balls.
2. Instant tame by placing their platform saddle on them.

Or,

Force tame them.
Old 19 Nov 16, 23:38
Hero of ACG
Canada

I think a force tame eliminates the need for (standard) saddles. Would still need to build a platform saddle though.

Winston Churchill
Old 20 Nov 16, 07:47
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

There is no standard saddle for them. And, you're right. Force tame eliminates the saddle requirement.

Knock out a creature or you are next to a passive tame one, the Dotame cheat gives you the dossier and credit for the tame. Those so tamed will need a saddle if one is required.

The one force tame that is not working on wild creatures is for wyverns. It can be done but the game crashes after several seconds of taming one that way. It works OK for summons in one. Their summons command adds an additional item in the command, the ability to select the wyvern type.

I did run across an interesting bug with my conventionally tamed Brontos. They no longer require a saddle to ride on them.

Old 21 Nov 16, 12:37
Hero of ACG
Canada

I haven't used dotame, that's a new one on me. Do you know if the wyvern crash is universal, or is that something you are seeing in your local game? (I've seen a couple odd things that seem to be localized to specific systems).

No bronto saddle anymore for standard riding? Interesting, I think I missed that one.

Winston Churchill
Old 29 Nov 16, 17:44
Private First Class
United_States

Poison is a balanced individual [0]
Heyo. Been on the server for roughly a week. Didn't even know you guys had a forums until Bungee told me. So yep, here I am.
Old 30 Nov 16, 08:45
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison View Post
Heyo. Been on the server for roughly a week. Didn't even know you guys had a forums until Bungee told me. So yep, here I am.
Yep. this is new.

There is also a Facebook forum and an official community forum.

How is it going in the game?

Found this in the cave of the sandstone canyon on Scorched Earth the other day.

The new snails have appeared in the caves of SE. I found them in a back corner of the nasty cave who's entrance is located at the base of the stairs to the cellar in this building. You cannot take any pets with you into that cave. You have to crawl through the entrance.
Old 01 Dec 16, 16:00
Hero of ACG
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison View Post
Hey Poison, welcome aboard! We're pretty new too - the forums only went up a couple weeks prior to you. Getting more stuff up on here and trying to tie up the loose ends on the current servers has been eating most of my time lately, but I hope to actually get to play again soon!

Winston Churchill
Old 01 Dec 16, 16:07
Hero of ACG
Canada

Great shots Ron - looks like some Indiana Jones stuff going on in that first one! I've got a few screens as well, but I've not yet had the time to get setup with a pic hosting site like you guys have. It's in the job jar!

The servers are doing pretty good so far. We've got a number of regulars now who play pretty consistently, and you can see some decent cross-server traffic, which is great. We still need more players, but it's early and things are looking promising at this point.

I'm a little surprised that nobody from the Armchair General membership has joined us yet just to see what was going on. Surely someone here plays Ark! Maybe we should offer people a starter package if they mention the forums or something...

From what feedback we've received, the players seem to be pretty happy with things as well, so that is always a plus!

Winston Churchill

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!