StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > ACG Community Run Wargames

Notices and Announcements

ACG Community Run Wargames Conflict simulations run by forum members for the ACG community.

Old 15 Oct 16, 04:10
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400]
Question [OoC Thread] "To the Berezina River" game

To avoid flooding the ACG Community Run Wargames section with too many threads I plan to only make just 2 more for this game. This one [Out of Character] thread and then another, [Official Game] thread.

This thread is to be used for anyone (players and lurkers) who may have questions about the game that does not belong in the official game thread. In other words, if your post does not directly affect the action in the game thread, please put it here so that the game thread can remain focused on the action itself.

Also, the way the game is structured new players can join pretty much at any time, you just need to create a character using the information in the [Character Creation] "To the Berezina River" game thread and then PM me the information. once that is done I will try to work you into the game at an appropriate time/situation.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 17 Oct 16, 01:18
General
United_States

Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400] Double Deuce has a spectacular aura about [400]
Just an FYI, when I post, I'll let the information sit for a few days to give everyone a chance to 'act'. Feel free to cover a short time period of multiple actions in your post as that should help keep things rolling a better pace and not bog down Some, "I do this unless this happens stuff" kind of things.

Also, if you are out of eyesight of each other, distance, dark, etc. I will probably PM you information and when I do feel free to add another post to the thread taking that information into consideration.
Old 17 Oct 16, 10:50
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300]
Please note that because of RL, I may not be able to post more than 1-2 a week.

As for today, I may be able to post again tonight and then not before the weekend.

If possible, I will post more often.

You can certainly abandon me to my fate, if I am slowing the game.
Old 17 Oct 16, 13:41
General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AFB View Post
Please note that because of RL, I may not be able to post more than 1-2 a week.

As for today, I may be able to post again tonight and then not before the weekend.

If possible, I will post more often.

You can certainly abandon me to my fate, if I am slowing the game.
No, you should be ok. I will only be posting main situation type posts about 2 times per week but players can post as many times as they want between as the situation develops and to interact with each other.
Old 17 Oct 16, 15:12
Colonel
EU
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I played couple of similar games earlier and wanted to check what type of this is?
1. There is story line and our decisions will affect what will happen with character?
2. Or we can have several decisions (for example in current situation I can write that my character got up, checked guard, noticed that everything is ok and went back to sleep) and then game master will adjust story line?
Old 17 Oct 16, 16:04
General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrih View Post
I played couple of similar games earlier and wanted to check what type of this is?
1. There is story line and our decisions will affect what will happen with character?
Yes, I have a general storyline but what you do and the others do will affect your character and whether they survive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrih View Post
2. Or we can have several decisions (for example in current situation I can write that my character got up, checked guard, noticed that everything is ok and went back to sleep) and then game master will adjust story line?
Post what you are doing (you can do multiple actions) but do it in general/vague descriptions and do NOT post any results from your search or actions. I will determine what happens based on your stats and skills.

For example, say that you post, "I get get up and check the guard, if he is ok then I move outside and look around for fresh tracks or movement. If the guard is not OK, I will let the other know what I find and stay inside the building keeping a watch outside the door".

I will then process the actions you post and determine the results based on your stats and skills and any information that you find out (or what happens during your actions). I will then post that information for you and the others to react to and post more actions.
Old 24 Oct 16, 02:45
General
United_States

Question Posting Frequency and Format

Let me know if you guys want to me to reply to individual posts for each player as you add them, waiting a few days for everyone to have a chance to post . . .

OR

If it would better/easier for everyone to follow if I combine the information from several player posts into one single large, storylike post for you to read through and then post based on the information in there . . .

Either way, unless anyone has objections, I will also go ahead and pick up the pace of my posts.
Old 24 Oct 16, 03:33
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
Israel
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
DD
I prefer the second option
which also will allow you to pick up the pace of your posts

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old 24 Oct 16, 03:46
Colonel
EU
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ulrih has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I vote for second option
Old 24 Oct 16, 03:50
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
2nd as well.

Old 24 Oct 16, 03:52
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Pace should not be an issue, if the action moves in "turns" of only a few minutes each, missing one isn't all that much of a problem.

This game reminds me of the Rainbow Company games, which worked very well with just one update for all players.

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Old 24 Oct 16, 04:28
General
United_States

Will do then. The only one I was worried about is Capt AFB and if the pace picks up I can just 'bring him along' to keep him with the group and we'll go from there.

Don't worry, Capt AFB, when the shot starts flying I won't have you continue to stand there in the open looking around like a zombie, making an easy target.
Old 24 Oct 16, 21:52
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] TacCovert4 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Speaking as an NCO, I prefer it when Captains stand around looking like zombies under fire.....tends to give the enemy something to shoot at besides me.
Old 25 Oct 16, 09:25
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300] Capt AFB is on a distinguished road [300]
I'll roll with whatever comes my way. If RL takes too much of my time, my character will find a nice spot in the snow, make friends with Mr Freeze and end it there (Not my preferred option.)
Old 29 Oct 16, 06:35
General
United_States

Sorry, gonna be a couple more days for an update. Prepping stuff for Halloween.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!