HistoryNet.com RSS
ArmchairGeneral.com RSS

HistoryNet.com Articles
America's Civil War
American History
Aviation History
Civil War Times
MHQ
Military History
Vietnam
Wild West
World War II

ACG Online
ACG Magazine
Stuff We Like
War College
History News
Tactics 101
Carlo D'Este
Books

ACG Gaming
Boardgames
PC Game Reviews

ACG Network
Contact Us
Our Newsletter
Meet Our Staff
Advertise With Us

Sites We Support
HistoryNet.com
StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion

Notices and Announcements

American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion Military history of North America. .

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 16 Nov 16, 20:32
Nick the Noodle's Avatar
Nick the Noodle Nick the Noodle is offline
General of the Forums
Wales
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 
 
Real Name: Tin Pot Noodle
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Land of the Red Dragon
Posts: 17,613
Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
Something i have long suspected -



And if you want to get into his sources, its all here;
https://board.freedomainradio.com/to...ican-genocide/

I could have done a summary, but it was such a worthwhile 36 minutes that I heartily suggest you give it a listen.
Some VERY basic facts are in that thing that ought to be revealed, and talked about.
Can't believe I actually watched some of this crap.
__________________
How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 17 Nov 16, 04:46
Drusus Nero's Avatar
Drusus Nero Drusus Nero is offline
Brigadier General
Australia
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 
 
Real Name: Christopher
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Capital North Oz
Posts: 2,463
Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Any study that lumps all NA together is hopelessly flawed. The whites interrupted a number of promising wars that had lasted generations.


too soon to rep...sorry bout that!!....!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 17 Nov 16, 07:20
Moulin's Avatar
Moulin Moulin is offline
Brigadier General
United_States
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Monroe
Posts: 2,361
Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
Well the Aztec had flush toilets in the 16th century. Bet the Spaniards were impressed by that.
they invented the flush toilet?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 17 Nov 16, 07:28
Moulin's Avatar
Moulin Moulin is offline
Brigadier General
United_States
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Monroe
Posts: 2,361
Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
Can't believe I actually watched some of this crap.
he's exactly right.....if you know anything about NA history, they were destroying, displacing, murdering, TORTURING, warring, etc on each other long before the Europeans came..
and if you look at my post in the Trump thread, there is a huge guilt machine that is anti-white
ie-ABC news headline page, 4 out of the top 7 headlines were about non-white minorities being victimized..
the headlines in all the news now is about the BLACK man being killed by the cop
rarely do you see a headline [ or anywhere ] where a non-white victimizes a white...and if you do, they don't make it a racial thing, when it really is--unlike a cop shooting a criminal!!!!!
almost everyday all day Yahoo News has it's anti-white, guilt story...
but blacks commit murder way out of proportion to their numbers--fact!
they commit crime way out of proportion to their numbers--fact
much more per capita than whites
the NAs were not angels, perfect, peaceful people...they did the same as the Europeans
white guilt white guilt etcetcetc...
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 17 Nov 16, 08:47
Stonewall_Jack's Avatar
Stonewall_Jack Stonewall_Jack is online now
Lieutenant General
United_States
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,358
Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
they invented the flush toilet?
I'm not sure who invented flush toilets. I'm also not sure of what your trying to get at. Are you a Eurocentric?

Earlier you asked me

how did the Aztecs help shape the world we live in today? examples, etc? thanks any replies

And my response was,

The fact that one of the greatest explorers and leaders of all time....Hernan Cortes...said that the Aztecs were rational people and that the Aztec land was the most beautful and richest land there ever was....is the answer to your question.

So what more needs to be said.... In the 16th century we found that Hernan Cortes was blown away at the skills of the Aztecs. The Aztecs had a very advanced civilization according to Cortes. Today some PC folks have IMO abused both the history of the Aztecs as well as the Spanish Empire. There are folks in todays world(Eurocentrics, so called Nativecentrics, Afrocentrics) who provide bigoted viewpoints that the white man destroyed the natives, or that the Natives were stupid people unable to hold together a civilization. My sources itt show the fact that the Spaniards did mingle with the Aztecs and other native tribes around what is now modern day Mexico. As one of my sources stated wrt the Aztec- Spanish war....it was a clash of two great civilizations.
__________________
Air power- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIVqZrLOXkc
The philosophy of the gospel is the philosophy of equality, consequently the most favorable to republican government
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Join the Templars-http://www.knightstemplarorder.org/
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

  #51  
Old 17 Nov 16, 10:24
Drusus Nero's Avatar
Drusus Nero Drusus Nero is offline
Brigadier General
Australia
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 
 
Real Name: Christopher
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Capital North Oz
Posts: 2,463
Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200]
Stonewall did ya get that message just now?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 17 Nov 16, 13:05
Moulin's Avatar
Moulin Moulin is offline
Brigadier General
United_States
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Monroe
Posts: 2,361
Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
I'm not sure who invented flush toilets. I'm also not sure of what your trying to get at. Are you a Eurocentric?

Earlier you asked me

how did the Aztecs help shape the world we live in today? examples, etc? thanks any replies

And my response was,

The fact that one of the greatest explorers and leaders of all time....Hernan Cortes...said that the Aztecs were rational people and that the Aztec land was the most beautful and richest land there ever was....is the answer to your question.

So what more needs to be said.... In the 16th century we found that Hernan Cortes was blown away at the skills of the Aztecs. The Aztecs had a very advanced civilization according to Cortes. Today some PC folks have IMO abused both the history of the Aztecs as well as the Spanish Empire. There are folks in todays world(Eurocentrics, so called Nativecentrics, Afrocentrics) who provide bigoted viewpoints that the white man destroyed the natives, or that the Natives were stupid people unable to hold together a civilization. My sources itt show the fact that the Spaniards did mingle with the Aztecs and other native tribes around what is now modern day Mexico. As one of my sources stated wrt the Aztec- Spanish war....it was a clash of two great civilizations.
I live in Mid America and I don't see any Aztec anything .....please give examples of how they shaped Mid America...
you are asking me if I'm bigoted?
Quote:
Are you a Eurocentric?
Quote:
(Eurocentrics, so called Nativecentrics, Afrocentrics) who provide bigoted
this is another of my points in the Trump thread and here--people throw the racist word and bigot word out way to easily...
I dare anyone to show by my remarks -facts - how I am a racist-bigot

how did they influence North Dakota, Michigan, mid west, etc??
I see Germans and Europeans coming over to America and building/designing/ engineering railroads, rifles, ROCKETS to the moon, etc
please give examples of Aztec influence in mid, north and east America...that's all I'm saying and asking and asked

and this makes me a bigot?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 17 Nov 16, 13:11
Moulin's Avatar
Moulin Moulin is offline
Brigadier General
United_States
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Monroe
Posts: 2,361
Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
The fact that one of the greatest explorers and leaders of all time....Hernan Cortes...said that the Aztecs were rational people and that the Aztec land was the most beautful and richest land there ever was....is the answer to your question.
this grand total of 2 and a half sentences tell me how they shaped the world??!?
Iceland, Finland, New York, Canada, Wisconsin, Lithuania, etc ?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 17 Nov 16, 13:31
Stonewall_Jack's Avatar
Stonewall_Jack Stonewall_Jack is online now
Lieutenant General
United_States
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,358
Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
I live in Mid America and I don't see any Aztec anything .....please give examples of how they shaped Mid America...
you are asking me if I'm bigoted?

this is another of my points in the Trump thread and here--people throw the racist word and bigot word out way to easily...
I dare anyone to show by my remarks -facts - how I am a racist-bigot

how did they influence North Dakota, Michigan, mid west, etc??
I see Germans and Europeans coming over to America and building/designing/ engineering railroads, rifles, ROCKETS to the moon, etc
please give examples of Aztec influence in mid, north and east America...that's all I'm saying and asking and asked

and this makes me a bigot?

Wait a second. Here is what you initially said,




how did the Aztecs help shape the world we live in today? examples, etc? thanks any replies

My response was,


The fact that one of the greatest explorers and leaders of all time....Hernan Cortes...said that the Aztecs were rational people and that the Aztec land was the most beautful and richest land there ever was....is the answer to your question.


So I did answer to your question. Do I think your a bigot?....that all depends on your viewpoints.

It is bigoted to suggest that white people invented everything, that the Natives were angels, that the Natives were barbaric backward people. What I am saying itt is fact and I have shown specifically how both the Aztecs and Spaniards have contributed greatly to the world we live in today.
__________________
Air power- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIVqZrLOXkc
The philosophy of the gospel is the philosophy of equality, consequently the most favorable to republican government
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Join the Templars-http://www.knightstemplarorder.org/
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 17 Nov 16, 13:35
Stonewall_Jack's Avatar
Stonewall_Jack Stonewall_Jack is online now
Lieutenant General
United_States
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,358
Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
this grand total of 2 and a half sentences tell me how they shaped the world??!?
Iceland, Finland, New York, Canada, Wisconsin, Lithuania, etc ?
In those 2 sentences lay the answer to your question. If you know about Hernan Cortes then you will know that praise coming from Cortes is crucial. I showed the fact that Hernan Cortes praised the Aztec Empire.

What this clearly shows is that the Aztecs were an impressive bunch, after all the Aztecs impressed Hernan Cortes. It would sort of be like George Washington praising a certain tribe in the Americas.

If Cortes thought of the Aztecs as uncivilized, barbaric, backward people he would not have referred to the Aztecs as rationale people.
__________________
Air power- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIVqZrLOXkc
The philosophy of the gospel is the philosophy of equality, consequently the most favorable to republican government
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Join the Templars-http://www.knightstemplarorder.org/

Last edited by Stonewall_Jack; 17 Nov 16 at 13:43..
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 17 Nov 16, 13:42
Arnold J Rimmer's Avatar
Arnold J Rimmer Arnold J Rimmer is offline
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Red Dwarf
Posts: 21,076
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmat View Post
... this fella was one of the mobile home, non-flush toilet Aztecs?
Actually he was what liberals call an 'undocumented immigrant'.
__________________
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 17 Nov 16, 15:18
Marmat's Avatar
Marmat Marmat is offline
Brigadier General
Canada
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
 
Real Name: Denis
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marmora, where else?
Posts: 2,487
Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700]
That's no answer, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
Wait a second. Here is what you initially said,




how did the Aztecs help shape the world we live in today? examples, etc? thanks any replies

My response was,


The fact that one of the greatest explorers and leaders of all time....Hernan Cortes...said that the Aztecs were rational people and that the Aztec land was the most beautful and richest land there ever was....is the answer to your question.


So I did answer to your question. Do I think your a bigot?....that all depends on your viewpoints.

It is bigoted to suggest that white people invented everything, that the Natives were angels, that the Natives were barbaric backward people. What I am saying itt is fact and I have shown specifically how both the Aztecs and Spaniards have contributed greatly to the world we live in today.
... it's quite incomplete, and bigoted in its own right.

"Middle America" had its own indigenous First Nations culture that pre-dated the Aztec Empire, collectively known as the "Mississippians".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippian_culture

- The construction of large, truncated earthwork pyramid mounds, or platform mounds. Such mounds were usually square, rectangular, or occasionally circular. Structures (domestic houses, temples, burial buildings, or other) were usually constructed atop such mounds.
- Maize-based agriculture. In most places, the development of Mississippian culture coincided with adoption of comparatively large-scale, intensive maize agriculture, which supported larger populations and craft specialization.
- The adoption and use of riverine (or more rarely marine) shells as tempering agents in their shell tempered pottery.
- Widespread trade networks extending as far west as the Rockies, north to the Great Lakes, south to the Gulf of Mexico, and east to the Atlantic Ocean.
- The development of the chiefdom or complex chiefdom level of social complexity.
- The development of institutionalized social inequality.
- A centralization of control of combined political and religious power in the hands of few or one.
- The beginnings of a settlement hierarchy, in which one major center (with mounds) has clear influence or control over a number of lesser communities, which may or may not possess a smaller number of mounds.
- The adoption of the paraphernalia of the Southeastern Ceremonial Complex (SECC), also called the Southern Cult. This is the belief system of the Mississippians as we know it. SECC items are found in Mississippian-culture sites from Wisconsin (see Aztalan State Park) to the Gulf Coast, and from Florida to Arkansas and Oklahoma. The SECC was frequently tied in to ritual game-playing, as with chunkey."



Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto traveled through parts of the area 1539–1543, the Spanish also settled in fringe areas. The Mississippians were gutted by European diseases, stressers that caused inter-tribal conflict, the cultures largely collapsed. When René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle and the French/Canadiens moved into area in the late 17th century, only the Natchez of the lower Mississippi were found to retain Mississippian cultural characteristics in any detail, as reported by de Soto and other Spaniards. By then, the French/Canadiens considered the Natchez unique amongst the First Nations encountered, befriended, or fought with over the previous hundred years or so; the Natchez practiced ritual human sacrifice, worshiped the sun, even the Natchez language was odd ball.



__________________
"I am Groot"
- Groot

Last edited by Marmat; 17 Nov 16 at 15:38..
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 17 Nov 16, 15:29
Moulin's Avatar
Moulin Moulin is offline
Brigadier General
United_States
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Monroe
Posts: 2,361
Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
they shaped the world?? ok ...
WW2 re-shaped the world
von Braun did more in shaping the world
the British shaped the world
the Aztecs?

if you did not think I was a bigot, why ask? you are inferring that I'm a bigot..why, why even bring it up?
this is totally impolite, unfriendly, uncalled for, etc
I thought posters in these forums, and all the world's people, should behave politely, friendly, etc
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 17 Nov 16, 16:18
Stonewall_Jack's Avatar
Stonewall_Jack Stonewall_Jack is online now
Lieutenant General
United_States
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,358
Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmat View Post
... it's quite incomplete, and bigoted in its own right.

"Middle America" had its own indigenous First Nations culture that pre-dated the Aztec Empire, collectively known as the "Mississippians".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippian_culture

- The construction of large, truncated earthwork pyramid mounds, or platform mounds. Such mounds were usually square, rectangular, or occasionally circular. Structures (domestic houses, temples, burial buildings, or other) were usually constructed atop such mounds.
- Maize-based agriculture. In most places, the development of Mississippian culture coincided with adoption of comparatively large-scale, intensive maize agriculture, which supported larger populations and craft specialization.
- The adoption and use of riverine (or more rarely marine) shells as tempering agents in their shell tempered pottery.
- Widespread trade networks extending as far west as the Rockies, north to the Great Lakes, south to the Gulf of Mexico, and east to the Atlantic Ocean.
- The development of the chiefdom or complex chiefdom level of social complexity.
- The development of institutionalized social inequality.
- A centralization of control of combined political and religious power in the hands of few or one.
- The beginnings of a settlement hierarchy, in which one major center (with mounds) has clear influence or control over a number of lesser communities, which may or may not possess a smaller number of mounds.
- The adoption of the paraphernalia of the Southeastern Ceremonial Complex (SECC), also called the Southern Cult. This is the belief system of the Mississippians as we know it. SECC items are found in Mississippian-culture sites from Wisconsin (see Aztalan State Park) to the Gulf Coast, and from Florida to Arkansas and Oklahoma. The SECC was frequently tied in to ritual game-playing, as with chunkey."



Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto traveled through parts of the area 1539–1543, the Spanish also settled in fringe areas. The Mississippians were gutted by European diseases, stressers that caused inter-tribal conflict, the cultures largely collapsed. When René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle and the French/Canadiens moved into area in the late 17th century, only the Natchez of the lower Mississippi were found to retain Mississippian cultural characteristics in any detail, as reported by de Soto and other Spaniards. By then, the French/Canadiens considered the Natchez unique amongst the First Nations encountered, befriended, or fought with over the previous hundred years or so; the Natchez practiced ritual human sacrifice, worshiped the sun, even the Natchez language was odd ball.



Thank you for the extremely informative response. When I was visiting Lundys Lane in Canada....I had the chance to speak with a scholar and the scholar notified me that there is an ongoing attempt to honor the first nations peoples in Niagara Falls, Canada. There are a few monuments dedicated to the war of 1812 in the Lundys Lane area....but as I said the Canadians are in the process of honoring the legacy of the first nations.

Now I'm not saying that everything was great between the first nations and the European explorers...but what do you feel about my viewpoints itt. Specifically my comments on the relations between the Aztecs and the Spanish Explorers under Hernan Cortes. Cortes did indeed label the Aztecs as rationale people. So do you find that it is OK for me to suggest that both the Aztecs and Spaniards under Cortes were members of an advanced civilization. After all Cortes sailed all the way from Spain...and indeed the Aztecs had extraordinary skill...just look at the various temples the Aztecs built.
__________________
Air power- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIVqZrLOXkc
The philosophy of the gospel is the philosophy of equality, consequently the most favorable to republican government
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Join the Templars-http://www.knightstemplarorder.org/
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 17 Nov 16, 16:21
Stonewall_Jack's Avatar
Stonewall_Jack Stonewall_Jack is online now
Lieutenant General
United_States
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,358
Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
they shaped the world?? ok ...
WW2 re-shaped the world
von Braun did more in shaping the world
the British shaped the world
the Aztecs?

if you did not think I was a bigot, why ask? you are inferring that I'm a bigot..why, why even bring it up?
this is totally impolite, unfriendly, uncalled for, etc
I thought posters in these forums, and all the world's people, should behave politely, friendly, etc
No, you misunderstand. I have never called you a bigot and I dont think your a bigot. I happen to have respect for both the Aztecs as well as the Spanish explorers.
__________________
Air power- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIVqZrLOXkc
The philosophy of the gospel is the philosophy of equality, consequently the most favorable to republican government
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Join the Templars-http://www.knightstemplarorder.org/
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!


Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.