StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Modern Wars & Warfare

Notices and Announcements

Modern Wars & Warfare General discussion on war. Topics that are not covered in any of our sub-forums below. .

Old 24 Nov 16, 14:34
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
It was an evening in November,
As I very well remember,
I was strolling down the street in drunken pride,
But my knees were all a-flutter,
And I landed in the gutter
And a pig came up and lay down by my side.
Yes, I lay there in the gutter
Thinking thoughts I could not utter,
When a colleen passing by did softly say
'You can tell a man who boozes
By the company he chooses'
And the pig got up and slowly walked away.

anon Irish
I guess we're a little more civilized here in Colorado, and I don't drink. Neither does my pig.
Old 25 Nov 16, 03:17
Brigadier General
Australia
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
We have a cat and a dog raised together that live indoors, play together, and go outside together and are inseparable.

It's even better now that the pet pig has decided to join in, making our morning walks the talk of our small community: the dog, followed by me holding the leash, followed by the cat and the pig happily bringing up the rear as we stroll down the local dirt road!

What the locals don't understand is that they all think they're family, and therefore "people" just like me!

Quote:
Best part is that the pig can follow directions in four languages: English, French, German and Spanish!!!
Yep! Pigs are quite intelligent as farm animals go. lots of tales as such from farmers I know.
Old 02 Dec 16, 23:57
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] G David Bock has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
So, once each year an "Intruder" aledgedly enters many a Home upon a Special Night ...

But what of the Resident Rodent Guard (RRG) that has a sense of curiosity and snoops about a fir clad man and his special bag ...

Might there then be an unexpected travel guest or more ...

The curiosity of the cat reknown ...

Stowaway in a Sleigh ...
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_66nmfsyjbw_e
Old 03 Dec 16, 13:48
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

MarkV is simply cracking [600]
MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus Nero View Post
Yep! Pigs are quite intelligent as farm animals go. lots of tales as such from farmers I know.
One time a British government put a tax on gun dogs and horses used for sport. One land owner responded by going shooting mounted on a bull with a pig trained to flush out game. The pig proved rather good at it. Poor old piggies as apart from a few truffle hunters they have no purpose other than to be eaten (which I have to admit I will be doing in the next hour) or turned into fine leather (or heart valves). Sheep also produce wool (and milk for cheese), cows and goats milk and poultry eggs (of course if the vegans have their way they'll all be exterminated anyway as humanity will have no use for them and are unlikely to want to keep feeding them).
Old 17 Dec 16, 12:20
General of the Forums
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

At ease gives and gets respect [800] At ease gives and gets respect [800]
At ease gives and gets respect [800] At ease gives and gets respect [800] At ease gives and gets respect [800]

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.
Old 17 Dec 16, 12:34
Brigadier General
Australia
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200] Drusus Nero is walking in the light [200]
maybe we could post some cat songs as well?

like Ugly Kid Joe's remake of "Cats in the cradle"

or songs by Cat Stevens!

you get the idea!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
Lincoln-Douglas Debates
Old 19 Dec 16, 10:09
General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bow has a spectacular aura about [400]
Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400]
Made me miss all my cats from over the years......my late f-i.l even brought one back from Russia after the German Armies winter holiday.(41/43)...my wife remembered it....
Old 25 Mar 17, 19:05
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] D1J1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolas93TS View Post
Before Panther, Tiger and King Tiger there was the awesome Kitten!

Regards,
Dennis

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!
Old 26 Mar 17, 05:04
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

MarkV is simply cracking [600]
MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600] MarkV is simply cracking [600]
Should really be in an M-18 looking for a Panzerkampfwagen VIII
Old 26 Mar 17, 08:45
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800] OpanaPointer gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Should really be in an M-18 looking for a Panzerkampfwagen VIII
Hellcat lurking for a maus?
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!