StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Console Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Console Gaming One stop for all your console related discussions!

Old 14 May 16, 15:21
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300]
Battlefield 1 Set In The First World War

Something other that space aliens! I've already put a deposit down!
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 05 Jul 16, 02:44
General of the Forums
South_Africa
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

andrewza has a spectacular aura about [400]
andrewza has a spectacular aura about [400]
Ycfufuftdihidtgidrf only snipers get bolt action rifles i mean why. Medic class gets semi auto, support LMGs and assault probaly SMGs. I mean why, how is it representing WW1. Do they think bolt actions will be borring.

CPO Mzinyati
Old 21 Jul 16, 13:57
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewza View Post
Ycfufuftdihidtgidrf only snipers get bolt action rifles i mean why. Medic class gets semi auto, support LMGs and assault probaly SMGs. I mean why, how is it representing WW1. Do they think bolt actions will be borring.
WWI was fought primarily with bolt action weapons. This looks more like a video game than anything remotely realistic.

I have had the devil of a time programming Steel Panzers WWII to simulate WWI battles because all of the squads I use have to be set for the proper types of weapons, a laborious and lengthy action, and I have to set all of the other parameters manually as well to keep it as realistic as possible.

Unfortunately, I cannot program in Zeppelins or poison gas...darn it.
(But I am working on how to make smoke shells lethal within the game in order to add that element.)
Old 09 Sep 16, 18:00
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
First person shooters are becoming very repetitive.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
--Frederick II, King of Prussia
Old 17 Sep 16, 15:43
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
This game has fictional weapons, uniforms, and vehicles. A lot of semi-automatic and automatic weapons.

It can be considered 'loosely inspired by WW1 lol'.
Old 20 Sep 16, 07:03
General of the Forums
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Tried the beta, but not putting any money down for sure. Though these days I hardly ever do anyways, until the games are heavily patched. Beta had serious issues with performance, but it was quite fun to play.
Old 27 Oct 16, 15:43
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterZero View Post
First person shooters are becoming very repetitive.
Well, there is really only one goal, right? Kill a lot of other guys.
Old 02 Jan 17, 22:07
Major
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Merkava188 is on the path to success [1-99] Merkava188 is on the path to success [1-99] Merkava188 is on the path to success [1-99]
That's something really interesting given that most Battlefield games have been set during WWII.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!